Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What's Up With A. Henderson, W. Wilson and D. Marks?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tarponbro, Jul 6, 2019.

1. tarponbro

tarponbro GC Legend

Feb 10, 2016
    It looks like these 3 recruits haven't made it to campus in time for the Summer B Semester. Does anyone have any details on why they're not at UF yet? Also, will they be able to play this fall if they make it to campus? I'm not looking for any of these 3 guys to get any playing time other than perhaps special teams but it would be nice to at least have them working out here, even if it's only for strength and conditioning.

2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Best hope is fall classes but I heard, and let me emphasis HEARD, that Arjei has worst grades/scores than Hammond but i thought he was in Gainesville so who knows. Marks? Idk either. All in all, this was suppose to be the building block springboard class and it's falling apart (at the moment) at an embarrassing rate.

@shane4three

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep. They've used up all of the attrition and wiggle room for under-performance before fall practice begins.

Ton of pressure for the rest of the class to contribute to a man, or there are going to be some problematic roster holes in '20/'21.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    F it, I love pressure. Hope these kids do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    The 5 OL that showed up for Spring practice need to be able to contribute next fall but we only lose 1 OL after next year (unless somehow Banks plays this year) so that position isn't critical. Henderson/Marks are the biggest losses since we lose so many WR this year as I imagine both Toney and Grimes are off to the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    not sure the validity, but Wilson was said to have a Visa issue. Mark's was waiting on a test score. And Henderson was supposedly a family issue, but as Bobby said could easily be graded as well.

7. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    The attrition in this class is deplorable. I've never seen anything like it. First the Jalon Jones/Steele fiasco, now this. It's like we are on NCAA probation.

We can't allow this on an annual basis. Our staff HAS to do a better job of recruiting kids that will be admitted.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    I think all show up, in order of confidence, marks, Wilson Henderson...we will see.

• Like Like x 2
  9. g8rnc

g8rnc All American

May 13, 2015
    Only two players haven’t been admitted so far. The Jalon Jones and Chris Steele things are freak things the coaches couldn’t expect, Wilson’s Visa thing isn’t a reason to not take a kid and Marks and Henderson could very well end up on campus by the start of fall camp. If Marks and Henderson don’t make it in I will agree with you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    T
    he receivers need to make it in. We could lose the majority of the unit this year.

11. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Who we were recruiting definitely wasn't an issue. Just a confluence of different circumstances all going the wrong way.

They will have to be extra diligent with assessing the likeliness to qualify for the next class. Can't go back to back with this attrition.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    I keep saying that when I keep hearing “but they wouldn’t have contributed”. Baloney, with new RS rule all kids play 3-4 games. Helps w DEVELOPMENT and saves starters and 2’s injuries.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Thank you!!!!others not getting what this does for the future.

14. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I'll wait to faint. In the future. If necessary.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sure it helps their development a little, but that really isn't "contribution" for the most part. Wilson or Hammond playing a few 4th Q snaps when we are up 5 tds isn't contribution. Any walk-on can do the same. While it is a value to get some snaps under fire with a real crowd, the quality of competition is going to be better on the practice field than it is in garbage time. The saving injuries argument is countered by the need to get the backups more snaps

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Henderson/marks are important for next year and have not been ruled out as far as I know. They won’t play this year but are one of the few positions we could nevshort at next year. Oline shouldn’t be a problem unless our starters completely flame out this year. Don’t get so nervous just yet.

17. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Maybe this means Hendi is in....

• Like Like x 3
  18. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    That would be nice, as others have pointed out WR is where the attrition from the 2019 class will hurt us the most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. devincdoss

devincdoss Freshman

Aug 9, 2017
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Saw a tweet that said Arjei Henderson is in Gainesville at the moment. Don't know if it's true, but things seem to be looking up

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    So I’ll compare to baseball for ya. We all know the kids that look great in BP and practice and then in the game.....not so much. There’s no value and no comparison to doing it when the lights are on, there’s 70,000 people in the stands, when it counts.
    If you say Emory Jones playing 4 games last year was a waste you and I just flat disagree (seems you disagree with me on most stuff). Would you call Blackmon’s (another redshirt) games last year worthless? If I recall he started a game and put up numbers.
    Point being for every situation you say playing 4th quarter snaps when up 30, I can raise you an Emory Jones and James Blackmon.

BTW BP stars that hit balls 420 never fooled me. Practice means nothing as far as production goes. Gotta do it in the game, when it matters, when the lights are on. Good coaches like Mullen get a ton out of those 4 games. I see more coaches than not using the 4 games in a Productive manner like the two referenced above.