Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Outside the dugout: What's cooking?

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by GatorLurker, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Big developments in today's Le Tour, Lurk.....BIG.......:emoji_anguished:

They took too long to make the decision, IMHO.

Sucks for both TP and JP......and a new wearer of the maillot jaune.......sheesh.....

2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Once JA was isolated they hit him HARD.

Get used to seeing EB in yellow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Had a boneless chuck roast ground for hamburger steaks on the charcoal grill tonight—cleaning the leftovers out of the refrigerator so sides will be green beans & new potatoes and zipper peas. Picked some fresh cow horn peppers to cut up and go with the peas.

Full day of trimming hedges, cutting grass, and weed eating makes the ice cold longnecks on the back porch go down smooth....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    What a shame. None of the suspense of a mountain finish.

How about everyone who has spent a week camping on the road to Tignes who missing the race? o_O

JA may be miffed a bit but he was losing the yellow today. Witness the last climb. NOBODY helping him. So there would have been nobody to help up the last climb to Tignes. IMO anything he might have gained on Thomas in the descent to Val d’Isere would have been given back and then some.

And the biggest story...... youngest rider in the race Egan Bernal takes yellow with 2 days to go!!!!!!!!

Note how GT was playing the role of super domestique. First he burned off JA after the other doms had done their job. But also he then refused to help the chase group at all. He had accepted team orders that EB was to be the man.

Talk about a Tour with everything including the kitchen sink. Wow!!!!

Finally, sad finish for TP. Too bad.

5. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Good job on the property upkeep. I got caught up yesterday on a couple items when we had some nice overcast weather which kept the temps down and sun from baking me like a potato. I still have a fair amount of work to do and will get back after it this weekend.

FYI: I gave your sauce recipe to one of the bank tellers at my bank who is Italian in heritage. Then the one next to her proclaimed she too was Italian ...ha ha. So I guess she will get it too, from her co-worker.

Their eyes lit up when I explained the context of the recipe's origin. Nice to see the respect and appreciation there for something so personal in nature but something also so popular in our culture. Thank you once again for the generosity....it has been paid forward.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Food for thought and Happy Trails—

I love everything ‘bout a col’beer.....:ninja3:

And a whiskey drink—;)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    le Tour update:

The biggest shame about yesterday was the loss of TP. He had looked the strongest in the mountains all tour.

New flash.... today's stage shortened to the 37 mile climb to Val Torens. Down from 80 miles. That just may save a podium for JA. He has 25 seconds on GT and the only thing we might see today is GT hang on the back wheel of the fastest of the top 5 with EB on his (GT's) wheel so that EB is guaranteed the win. So JA May just get the consolation of a podium because of that. Of course SK May have to attack hard since he wants a podium.

37 miles and one hill climb? The only comparison is the shorter but steeper sprint up L’Alpe d’Huez.

We will see.

I hope we don’t have an anticlimactic end to the tour what with yesterday and then the shortening of today. This has been the absolute best tour in many years.

8. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    W/D has Baby Backs on BOGO so that really simplified making up today’s menu—

Smoking a couple of racks of Baby Backs over cherrywood smoke on the Egg this afternoon—

Sides will be fresh cream 40’s & petite butter beans combo, homemade coleslaw, and deviled eggs—

The back porch Yeti is well stocked and ready for the afternoon’s activities—

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach

Baby backs.......oh yeah........

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach

• Like Like x 2
  11. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Squid salad and a Thai version of sesame noodles.

12. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Temple Terrace
    Capture.JPG

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. gatorfan5220

gatorfan5220 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And...for us guys.

Always remember to fry bacon in the nude when the lady is away!

14. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    You do know bacon grease pops, right?;)

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  15. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight I'll be bar-b-crewing 2 chicken halves seasoned with coarse black pepper and Everglades seasoning with the Everglades Mopping Sauce spread on the last two turns--also going to have some of my Hickory Hollow's finest smoked venison sausage on the grill towards the end of grilling time just because--

Sides will be the left over coleslaw, a pot of fresh crowder peas (with okra), and jalapeno cornbread--

And for sure, the ice cold longnecks surely have their place in these activities--;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Tonight is leftovers and a Caesar salad.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gatorfan5220

gatorfan5220 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That's kinda, sorta what I was hoping for :) .

18. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    So how do you explain that sore down there?

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Best TdF since 1989, but that was hard to beat.

JA getting the overall most aggressive rider was well deserved and brought a tear to my eye. He was the star of the tour, but not the winner.

NBC cutting off coverage just before the top three in GC podium was classless.

Added in edit: I think they had to go to another sport with pedaling: gas pedal, brake pedal, gas pedal, brake pedal, etc.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    I was wondering why all of a sudden I heard a bunch of race cars instead of continued cycling coverage. I was in the other room at the time and came back and poof.....o_O

It was a very good tour, despite (for me anyway) the anti-climatic ending (last 2 stages).

I like to think that Paul Sherwin is looking down and smiling.

Older pic of me.....still have the bike and am still riding...

[​IMG]