Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What'cha Listenin' To?

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by anstro76, May 15, 2019.

1. g8rtrucker

g8rtrucker VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    When I was in HS, our wrestling coach would play this for our opening warmups at practice. Awesome. :)

3. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

• Like Like x 1
  4. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WhattaGator

6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Going to hear Snarky Puppy next weekend. If you like jam bands w a twist of jazz, check them out.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. WhattaGator

8. WhattaGator

9. WhattaGator

Some classic Dead!

10. SmootyGator

SmootyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Tool played two new songs off of the album coming out. Sounded like Tool! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Gram's first band. Nice version/mashup.

12. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Got Jeff Tweedy's book yesterday & on like page 3, he commands the reader to put it down & go watch this! Gotta at least watch through the bass solo.

13. WhattaGator

• Like Like x 1
  14. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Sorry but from Whole Lotta... to this out of around 108 recorded songs, you chose this one? Then again I would choose a lame Zep song over a lot of superior songs from other bands.

15. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    In Through the Out Door was a bit of a quirky Zep album. I love it for its variety, with reggae and even enjoy this particular power ballad.

One of my all-time favorite Zep performances:

16. WhattaGator

Whole Lotta Love has a soft spot for me...

My band, in the mid 70's specialized in doing songe from various bands, and sounding EXACTLY like them.
    Our singer, Frankie Jacobs, could sound exactly like Robert Plant, or Jon Anderson from Yes, ...We did Whole Lotta Love note for note, complete with echo effects, etc, Stairway to Heaven, We also did Hocus Pocus (by Focus), some tunes by the Allman Brothers (Whipping Post, In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed), Roundabout (Yes), Santana (Soul Sacrifice, Black Magic Woman/Soul Sacrifice) Ride My See-Saw ( Moody Blues), etc...

We had a freaking blast, and ended updoing a 23 stop tour as a 3rd group for J. Giles.

Good Times!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    If you goona choose one of their ballads, Since.... is a really good one cause of the blues side and one of Plants' best solos. For my money, Rain Song is their best slow song.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. WhattaGator

19. WhattaGator

20. WhattaGator