Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What Tre Mann Contributed As A Freshman

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Efawcett7, May 26, 2020.

1. Efawcett7

Efawcett7 Eric Fawcett VIP Member GC Columnist

Oct 7, 2014
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area
    Great stuff, Eric! The stats are eye-opening.

I didn't perceive the strong defense and rebounding just watching Trey, but maybe I wasn't really looking for it.

On the other hand, it's always nice when the stats do back up your impressions. The stats back up my previous comments that Trey was the only player on the team that I didn't mind taking "bad" (high degree of difficulty) shots. He shows flashes of shot-making ability that portend possible offensive explosiveness, so I always said "keep shooting" when it came to Mann. Hope he comes back to Gainesville!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r All American

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    He wasn't ready for meaningful minutes until late in the year. Great sign to see improvement but in D1 college ball it must be proven every minute and it just wasn't there early. If some NBA team thinks a kid that is an OK college player deserves a multi-million dollar contract I am very happy for the player. That's why we all went to school.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    We all had some super high hopes; probably unrealistic expectations for Tre....and the gators. Never came to fruition.

after a season, our expectations are much more tempered. Hammered down by reality. I think that Tre can settle in and become the player he can be by letting the game come to him.

I think, too, we had heard rumors of tre’s prowess on the practice court....and we’re wanting that flash to show itself in games. Maybe this coming season tre’s prowess will display itself in the games! Maybe more p.t. is needed - for the whole team - in the ExactTech Arena, too??

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1