Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What Kind Of Shots Produce The Most Offensive Rebounds?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Efawcett7, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Efawcett7

Efawcett7 Eric Fawcett VIP Member GC Columnist

• Like Like x 2
  2. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Missed 3-point shots and missed dunks lead to long offensive rebounds. Made dunks and made layups lead to no offensive rebounds. When Wilt and Shaq got the ball down low, there were little to no offensive rebounds because they scored almost every time they got it down there. When Hayes, Stone, Stokes and Bassett got the ball down low, there were tons of offensive rebounds because those guys couldn’t score from a foot away from the basket, but they had inside rebounding position.

3. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Bad shots.

Good shots go in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    You might want to check the stats on Hayes, he would be the Gator career leader in FG% at .632 if he had enough attempts (500, he only has 454).

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I am aware of that, and he became a better finisher late in his career. However, he pretty much only took layups. So, if you miss 37% of your layups, you’re going to get a lot of offensive rebounds.

6. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Very in-depth, Eric. You gotta love number crunching.

7. jmac83

jmac83 GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    I am missing the point. If UF takes a high percentage of 3s, the coaches will want to improve the offensive rebound success. Is UF takes a high percentage of 2s, the coaches will want to improve the offensive rebound success. Shot selection is not going to be determined by which shot is likelier to be rebounded by your team.

8. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Made shots do not get rebounded.

Missed shot do.

9. Efawcett7

What I’m saying is getting more shots at the rim is not only more efficient but the shots also produce more offensive rebounds which is better

10. Efawcett7

I definitely enjoy finding a problem or part of the game that needs some explaining and finding the numbers that point to an answer!

• Like Like x 1
  11. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    So shooting more often results in more opportunities and hopefully more points. Brilliant!! Why has no one thought of this before?

12. Efawcett7

More shots at the rim versus more threes, I’m not sure if you intentionally missed the point or not there haha