Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What is wrong with this website?

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by LAGatorDoc, Jan 5, 2020.

1. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    For the last two days, I can't view the website from my phone and it keeps giving me unresponsive messages on my computer when I open it (to wait or exit). It started when I was in Florida and now I'm back in California and its still doing it. All other websites are working just fine. Did the GC powers that be forget to inform us that they are performing updates? Adding too many advertisement blocks that need to load before being able to upload the actual website? What's going on?

2. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee

Sep 15, 2007
    I'm seeing no difference so far today using my iPhone X.

3. GatorToTheEnd

GatorToTheEnd VIP Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Pensacola, Fl
    I'd post in the help forum; they have IT folks that monitor there for issues.
    Something similar happened to me once, though. Apparently the software they use to block spammers can occasionally tag your profile by mistake. IIRC logging out and then clearing all cookies fixed it, but it's been awhile.

4. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL iPhone.

It has nothing to do with your type of phone and everything to do with your browser and browser settings on the phone. My browser has a pop up blocker and I have zero problems here or anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ArcherGator

ArcherGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Are you by chance using a VPN? I had that issue on this site (and only this site) while using one.

6. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Same problem on two iphones. Heading to the IT forum.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. FatherGoat

FatherGoat GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    There is a particular ad that loads every 5 clicks or so that locks up my browser. That one is a pain.

8. gatormater

gatormater Premium Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Same issue - have also posted in this forum with no response

9. gatormater

Apr 10, 2007
    Are you using mobile? What ad blocker are you using?

Kind of ridiculous this is ongoing for several days now and I am a paying member.

10. Nic

Nic Premium Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Having the same problem on PC. Mobile though works fine. Tried clearing cache, different browsers, work computer all stall out with website is slowing down your browser error.

Completely unusable on PC.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. CalGator

CalGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I wasn't able to do anything on the site all day Friday and Saturday on multiple devices and multiple networks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    I've had the same issues. I couldn't open any links. The cursor was ineffective on this site. Basically, for I think Friday and Saturday I was unable to log in. Did the usual -delete the cookies and still no change. Previously, a month back, I kept getting that 403 message as well. Couldn't even log into the site at all when that happens. I have zero problems with any other sites. All my virus stuff up to date. Only with GC have I had any issues...

My guess is someone is undermining the site some way. I'm not sure what firewall the site has but it probably needs something better...just saying.

Go Gators.

13. Nic

Nic Premium Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Also tried adding gatorcountry to Firefox exceptions so that it doesn't block trackers etc. Still is busted.

Scanned with Malwarebytes and virus. Tried work laptop, still busted.

Would love somebody at gatorcountry to fix this so I can actually visit the site other than on my phone.

14. gatormater

Apr 10, 2007
    Ironically I have the opposite issue - can't get on this site via phone. Getting really annoying right now not getting any response on these forums. May have to cancel my paid subscription if this persists too much longer.

15. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    Folks all we need to stop an intrusive ad is a screen shot and the url of the ad. You can post here and send me a PM

thanks

16. Nic

Nic Premium Member

Jan 26, 2010
    This isn't about an intrusive ad popup. But it does seem it might be ad related in that something isn't loading correctly. Since last week GC completely locks up any browser I use. Doesn't matter which computer I use. Only way I am posting is through mobile with Brave browser.

However guess what does seem to work... Ublock origin. Site works fine now, so it blocking something that is messed up.

I support you guys and normally leave ads on and I wish I could point out..yes it's this ad but for now blocker stays on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    I just now was able to login from a computer at a library. I am not able to login from my phone or computers (laptops or desk top)

18. CalGator

CalGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I still can't really access the site during the day on my iPhone. I get into the front page, the page partially loads and then completely locks up. I usually have to close the browser window and open a new one. This has been happening ever since last Friday. GC is the only website I have any problems with. Only time I can access the site is when I get home from another device. My tablets seem to work fine. The response to this issue by GC staff (or lack of) that many members are receiving, is disappointing.

19. gatormater

Apr 10, 2007
    Whatever admins have done with the site, it seems to work for me now on mobile. It would be good to provide updates though in situations like these.