Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What do we think about Leonard Hamilton now?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by GratorGator, Mar 17, 2019.

1. GratorGator

GratorGator All American

Nov 14, 2015
    Still a trash coach or begrudging respect?

fsu has gone to the big dance seven out of the past 11 years and now three in a row. They have owned us as of late. Seem to be a perennial top 25 team. It irritates the hell out of me. That was one sports program where we were light years ahead of them. While their tournament record still pales against our own, the perception of their basketball program is growing in stature. Damn it.

2. Agator88

Agator88 All American

Oct 7, 2014
    He's still a liability for them, they have the talent to be so much better than they have been. Not saying they have been bad, but I don't think they have reached their potential. He's sort of like the Mark Richt of basketball for me, with the exception being his success against UF. He's the guy to get the program to one level, the next guy will need to be hired to take them to real contender.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    Let’s see how the wade thing turns out. He has dirty handlers sending him exceptional talent. Shitty arena, no tradition, tough conference. Think he will get punished to show how tough the ncaa is on infractions at duke/unc. Plus guy is like 68. Not a long term problem.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    So you have changed. I know before you didn't like him.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  6. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    70 years old now. His Assistant coaches have been with him forever. Great relationships with HS coaches and handlers. The biggest difference between UF and other major programs is the quality and experience of the assistant coaches. One of Hamilton’s assistant coaches has more experience than all our coaches combined.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    He's a poor man's Calipari. Underperforms with good talent

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 407king

407king All American

Dec 8, 2018
    He's decent. They're ok. This is the winningest senior class in FSU history and so far they have 0 championships of any kind and 4 tourney wins.

They're probably the 5th best program in the ACC right now. So he should be credited for that, but they've won 1 conference tourney championship and been to one Elite 8 under him. In like 15 or 16 years.

Got a good team this year though. But they lose 5 possibly 6 of their top 8 players this year. Will be interesting to see how they look next year.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    He's a crooked coach who has proven he can procure talented players to a sh*thole program with no history, culture, or fanbase. He's partial to length and athleticism to help mitigate his poor X's and O's. He's done a historically lousy job of developing these players, thus, his teams have largely underachieved. He will hopefully be outed soon enough in this FBI investigation. This too shall pass.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    Didn't he get in trouble a couple of years ago? Why is he still coaching?

11. gatordavisl

gatordavisl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I simply choose not to think about him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. jmac83

jmac83 GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    What do I think about Leonard Hamilton? I think I'm f-ing tired of the Gators losing to his teams, and the importance to the program and its psyche of halting that trend goes substantially beyond the impact of a single OOC game. I guess that puts me in the begrudging respect category.

13. g8rnc

g8rnc Senior

May 13, 2015
    He pays to get really good players and doesn’t win anything worth hanging a banner with them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. TEKgator22

TEKgator22 GC Legend

Nov 30, 2008
    VA
    Think he is a great (supposedly dirty) recruiter who sadly under performs with the talent he has. I feel you watch him during games, he looks like a grumpy old curmudgeon that would rather be anywhere but there. It's almost comical how disinterested he looks at times

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. miloappis

miloappis Sophomore

Mar 19, 2018
    Dumber than a tree stump!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. ekfornam

ekfornam Senior

Oct 10, 2017
    I think he's pretty good, nothing special. He's definitely mastered the art of getting "good" players, but not too good where they are a threat to leave early. That's why they're having so much success this year, they have a bunch of serviceable players that have tons of experience because they weren't good enough to bolt to the NBA. It's actually a pretty wise system if you value experience/seniority over 1-and-done types.

I will tell you this, I'm pretty freaking sick of losing to him. The last time we beat them was our Final Four team which seems like ages ago, and even then it was just a 1 point win at home. We dominated our entire schedule that year (36-2) and no one came close to beating us at home, but there they were within a couple inches of another W.

We really need to take back the state next year, and I think we do with what we have coming back vs them losing all their key guys.

17. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    After a long career Hamilton is tied with White ( who is young) in Elite 8 appearances.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
  18. the_alphagator1906

the_alphagator1906 Senior

Nov 26, 2013
    Pretty much summed it up for me

19. Gator72211

Gator72211 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Leonard Hamilton is nothing more than average. His highest accomplishment is the same as Mike White’s; and we’re contemplating firing White.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2