Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Westphal Commits to UF

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jul 10, 2023.

1. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Everything being equal with an emphasis on “everything,” I don’t see how we can’t compete for the best. If you’re getting the same NIL opportunities and your moms got her new job, you got proximity to home, you got coaching pedigree, you got education support, you got state of the art facilities, you for Gator Made…

I don’t follow a lot of other schools, but how many of them use volunteer work in conjunction with NIL like we are doing? We are building leaders of tomorrow and it’s a good sell. To be honest, aside from UGA (who owns their state), I don’t see another program that’s more primed for success than we are. We just needed someone like CBN to unlock it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    I think the results will surprise you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    no they where not...let it go

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Kids aren’t fans like they use to be. Once I saw Wes Chandler, I was sold. I wore my little orange windbreaker everywhere I went. Kids today are often fans of players more than teams. I think it’s the freeagency thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    The timing also is in line with our facilities finally being up to par and having the nil ability to offer what others have been offering all along. The staff is doing their part for sure but I doubt they could have done what they are doing a few short years ago. It’s everything combined that let’s a staff have a shot at being successful. There’s less than ten that really have it all together at any one time.

• Agree Agree x 1