Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Were doomed

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tampagtr, Feb 19, 2020.

1. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Nominated Richard Grennell to be the DNI. Total unqualified hack that is pure MAGA, has no idea how the world works, etc. Every President needs the best possible intelligence, but especially this one, who is the most deficient.

He is truly endangering the country due to his narcissism

Trump Names Richard Grenell as Acting Head of Intelligence

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    With every nomination and appointment I always wonder: How will this benefit Donald Trump and the Trump family.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Glass half full, he is the first openly gay cabinet member in US history I think.

Trump is a trailblazer.

4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    True. The prior 44 Presidents tried to advance US interests

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Or Putin.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This week he got rid of the under Secretary of Defense that certified Ukrainian compliance with the Congressionally mandated preconditions for receipt of aid. It's largely a ministerial task, guided by pre-existing legal guidelines. There was no other possible conclusion to reach. It was pure retaliation for competently doing one's job and remaining loyal to the United States Constitution

8. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    Let's see, in addition to not having any experience in intelligence at any level, Grenell also, according to reports:
    - Did work for a Moldovan oligarch who is banned from entering the U.S.
    - Didn't disclose he was working for the guy or register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act.
    - He got rid of the former No. 2 guy, a longtime intelligence officer, and replaced him with a former aide to Devin Nunes and who apparently wrote the famous Nunes memo that was full of Trump conspiracies but proved to be completely wrong.

This should all go well.

Trump’s New Spy Chief Used to Work for a Foreign Politician the US Accused of Corruption

Trump’s New Intel Chief Did Work for Moldovan Politician Accused of Corruption

Richard Grenell Begins Overhauling Intelligence Office, Prompting Fears of Partisanship

-

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Grenell's sole job is to run interference for Trump. All intelligence information will be whitewashed before it is allowed to be seen by congress or anyone outside the Trump's inner circle.

All future reports to congress will read....

The world thinks Trump is bestest!!!!

10. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    All the best people, believe me, I can tell you that.

11. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Imagine being a competent professional who thinks your work is important ... and having one of these Trump appointees take over. It'd be like naming a English lit prof from FSU as the new Gator football coach.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Crippling the nation's intelligence agencies makes it easier for Putin to assist in his reelection bid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Every bit of intelligence about Putin's efforts to affect this election will go to Grenell, so you have to wonder if it will even exist after that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    Bad appointment, no doubt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Or an Amway golden child as Secretary of Education. Or a medical doctor Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. Who 2 years into the job doesn't even know what REO means. Insane. All the best people.

Look, we're all experts at what we are experts at, but that doesn't mean we know Jack Squat about stuff we know nothing about. It's not that we're stupid, it's just we know what we know, and we don't what we don't.

I know what REO means, so if anyone need some brain surgery, my schedule is flexible and I can do it on the cheap. ;)

16. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    I also remember when I bought my first speedwagon. Cost me seven sticks of gum and a Sandy Koufax rookie card.

• Funny Funny x 1