Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. We are transitioning to serving all web pages over SSL (from http to https) for a more secure experience. You may need to log out and back in if you have issues. Thanks for your patience : ) P.S. TapaTalk app users may need to log out, force reload of the app, and log back in for new settings to kick in.

Well Trump had quite a day

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jan 11, 2018.

1. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    I doubt she cares either, other than it becoming public knowledge of course.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Apparently, Trump cared, otherwise why would he have payed $130,000 for her silence.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information Swimmin with bowlegged women Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's a lot less than Hillary paid McCabe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2017
    The Obama Era called and wants its counting back. 2005 comes after 2006 now. #NewChronological

5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This thread plays all the classics, like an oldies radio station.

Trump said it but that's not what he meant.

He meant it but others have said worse.

He said it in private, not meant for public consumption.

But Obama

But Hillary

Snowflakes

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. fredsanford

fredsanford Premium Member

Dec 1, 2008
    One of the many reasons she sleeps alone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017

Actually, Jews are considered a race.

at the time § 1982 was adopted, Jews constituted a group of people that Congress intended to protect. It is evident from the legislative history of the section reviewed in Saint Francis College, a review that we need not repeat here, that Jews and Arabs were among the people considered to be distinct races, and hence within the protection of the statute.
    1. Shaare Tefila Congregation v. Cobb, 481 U.S. 615 (1987 ...

8. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    After pondering this over a bit, I'd call Alabama a shithole, so I can't really attack like Trump is personally wrong to say those things. The extent to which I am bothered by his comments are that he's the President, so it's unprofessional.

No, there weren't "fine people" on the side of the Neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2017
    lol. I have to admit, the title makes me chuckle. "Well, Trump had quite a day." He sure did, didn't he? I think he brought some bad karma on himself by postponing The Fakies. I was really looking forward to the show, had my tux all pressed and ready to go. :(

10. LoyalGatorFan

LoyalGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have no problem with LEGAL immigrants but I have one favor..can we please make them learn how to speak OUR language fluently? It should be a requirement to living in our country and capitalizing on our freedoms and opportunity...it annoys me to no end when I have to treat a patient who can’t speak/and or understand English...nothing gets accomplished....not to mention how some job postings make Bilingual a required skill...yeah let’s not make the immigrants learn our language, let’s cater to them and make us learn theirs...in our own country...

11. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007

How do you make them learn the language? Doesn't speak much for freedom, does it?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. LoyalGatorFan

Apr 3, 2007
    Take classes...read books..the same ways you learn anything in life...if you lived in France do you think you could get by adequately without learning French? If we are giving them a new life and hope and opportunity, it’s the least they could do

13. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    It's their country too. If they can get by without learning the language, more power to them.

14. LoyalGatorFan

Apr 3, 2007

But they can’t...that’s the issue...at least not in the world of physical therapy....I guess I’m just one of those weirdos who thinks people should be accountable and go the extra mile when necessary

15. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Well, they can with the rest of their lives. And there are probably physical therapists out there who speak their language.

Maybe you should go the extra mile and learn their language. Yes, I know that's an unreasonable request.

16. LoyalGatorFan

Apr 3, 2007
    oh great..more catering to people because we don’t have enough of that already...If I lived in their country where that was the primary language, I would be glad to

17. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Point is that they live in this country and survive day to day without it. You want them to because it makes your life easier. You could make their life easier by learning their language. Nobody expects you to do that. Maybe you should keep that in mind with your expectations of what they should have to do to make your life easier.

18. LoyalGatorFan

Apr 3, 2007
    Don’t overthink this...a person should have to learn the primary language of the country they live in....it is ludicrous to ask millions of Americans to learn Spanish for a few immigrants instead of a few immigrants learning English..just another case of minority outweighing majority I suppose

I guess giving them food, shelter, jobs, etc is not enough..on top of that you don’t even have to learn how to converse with us! Who wouldn’t want to migrate here?! We make it so easy

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    If you can get by in America without knowing the language, more power to you. I don't believe in forcing people to learn anything they don't want to learn once they're an adult.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. LoyalGatorFan

Apr 3, 2007
    Well considering how this lack of learning can negatively affect other people, I guess we can agree to disagree