Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Weekend Update

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 27, 2020.

1. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Int
    i think there was a little more to it but not certain

2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    A national recruiting analyst for TOS said that there was no verifiable athleticism from him based on what they saw. All you have to do is look at highlights of his high school games, and you can see that that assertion is not credible. Right now you just have to think that the recruiting services see him as damaged goods and think others deserve the limelight more regardless of his talent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Uh, how do you “verify” “athleticism”?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't know where LM will play in College. I believe at this point he will go to prep school and then hopefully UF. I think he has a very good chance of playing in the NFL if he can get his stuff in order. This s not on CDM or UF, he has to get in school and complete what he has already been doing ala Diwaun Black.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. IndianaStew

IndianaStew Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Evansville, IN
    She’s my ex.
    Oh wait, I thought you said Blue balls

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    Of course, if the athlete goes to the correct camp that is sponsored by that particular recruiting service, the camp has the the most advanced technology to absolutely verify the athleticism of the athlete. There is no other way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    He was listed at 4.8 for the 40 and that seems about right watching his clips. He's very agile and a great leaper but doesn't run away from people.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    Reminds me of Jerry Rice, except taller. Good at snatching the ball out of the air if it is near him. Could be a good possession receiver. Don’t need a 50 yard bomb for each pass

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Uh... You use your eyes??

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  10. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    Which is no different than Henderson (minus the leaping ability of Manuel) who we could not get enrolled in 2019, but he was much higher ranked than Manuel is. There is a disconnect there in his ranking.

11. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Always love when a wideout is a “hands catcher “

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I am going to share a story about Max Emfinger. For those who do not remember, Max notoriously claimed that Emmitt Smith was a "lugger" and not a "human being". Back in 1998, I was working garbage detail at Avoyelles Correctional Center, up there near Cottonport, Louisiana. That was the year people were complaining about the battenhatch flies. The point is, every Saturday, and I believe Tuesdays too, Max Emfinger visited for his conjugal. I believe the inmate's name was Thughorn McMannous or McMannous something. It doesn't matter. The man was well repudiated around certain religious communities for his, shall I say, predilections.

Anyway, I caught Max driving his Toyota Supra; the purple one with the, uh, "decal", not the yellow one with the keymarks on the side. I drove right past him because he was putting on makeup and driving real slow. Well, I was going to drive right past him, but we came up on a curve and I tapped the side of his vehicle. That made him fuss a bit and he returned the favor. By the time we both got our aggression out, both our cars were in the ditch and he was crawling out of his drivers-side window. He plopped right out there with a briefcase of papers and I grabbed him by the hair and smashed his face against one of the fenders. Then I kicked him in the stomach and took all his papers and flung them in the air and some flew up and over the bushes near the road.

The sirens went off and guns were drawn and within five minutes, the entire staff of Avoyelles Correctional Center were up in our grill asking us what was going on. I told them the truth, that Max doesn't know how to drive and put on makeup, but they didn't believe that. They chose to believe his story, that I had a case of road rage. What to you say to that? You really can't. So I lurched forward and unholstered a pistol from one of the more oblivious guards. I shot up the whole scene and Max too.

He used his celebrity status to hide the entire thing, pretend it didn't happen. And that's when I learned something extremely important about these "recruiting experts".

Don't trust them. They don't know what they're talking about. Sometimes I still get a call at 2 in the morning. I don't answer it. I know it's him. "There he is, trying to startle me", I think. That's all they're good for. Thought I'd share.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Did anyone get that license plate ?

15. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Truly bizarre.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Doesn't have the same deep speed as Rice. He could get separation on deep routes and had that extra gear to explode to the ball. Manuel's super power is his size, strength, leaping ability and soft hands. He would be an excellent compliment to the rest of the receivers.

17. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    I would’ve used the word confirm. :D

18. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed. A poor mountaineer. Barely ...

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. LearnedGator

LearnedGator Freshman

Sep 15, 2013
    I want that 3 minutes of my life back.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Gone forever. Learn from this, grasshopper. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1