Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Wed 10/2 10pm HBO Sports 24/7

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by jsarms1, Oct 2, 2019.

1. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I thought it was quite good. I really like what Mullen has done to change the culture of the team.

If/when the Gators get back to being a truly elite team, and I don't think we're far from that, I just hope Mullen does a better job than Meyer did at maintaining control of the team and egos.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

3. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Very cool, loved the SOS cameo. Ready to suit up and run through a wall for the orange and blue....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    I hope the deal included the ability to send a USB copy to all current and future recruits. Start a campaign to have HS coaches show it to their teams.

An hour-long, well-produced (highest level) infomercial. SEC schools (and beyond) are going to be green with envy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Jayhovah

Jayhovah GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2007
    Savage was absolutely the hightlight for me!

Really excited to see Leach and WSU also.

6. PCBeach

PCBeach Freshman

Oct 24, 2007
    Great show and scripting by UF.

I doubt the weekly coaches meetings are held with an open door and SOS just walks by and jumps in to draw up a play. I don't doubt SOS gets involved, but am thinking he meets with Mullen one on one rather than interrupt a coaches meeting. It was a perfect way to get SOS a cameo though and recruits will see there are two great offensive coaches involved in the Gator's game planning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jayhovah

Jayhovah GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2007
    Geez man way to ruin it. I feel like you're about to tell me the tooth fairy isn't real either.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Really interested in the rest of the series. It is obvious they picked a team from each corner of the country, but why two Pac 12 teams?

Glad to have been one of the four.

It never fails that I get a random text from a non-UF friend asking if there truly are lakes with Gators on the UF campus. Answer is always the same: “just steps away from the student dorms.....”

The Pirate is gonna be hilarious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gatorraid1989

gatorraid1989 Senior

Aug 3, 2017
    Man...I subscribed you HBO just to watch this and I'm so glad I did. That was freaking awesome. I feel even better about where our program is headed under Mullen after seeing that. Damn I wish I could play ball for Florida!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    The head coach is a fanatic. He's even helping to plan the new facility to shave seconds off of players' and coaches' trips between sessions.

This kind of level of detail would burn out most people but Mullen seems to thrive off of it. A born machine.

11. TJtheGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Can’t wait for the new facility to be built.

After last night’s show we all know our facilities are behind, but I didn’t come away with the impression that what was on film sucked. To a casual viewer it doesn’t look bad.

Something I would like to see is the second outdoor practice field becoming 100 yards again. We have indoor 100, outdoor 100, and outdoor 70. Ideally we would have 3 100-yard outdoor fields, plus the indoor facility, plus the new football center.

12. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    The opening scenes are fantastic! Very professional production and exceptionally well put together. I hope every potential recruit watches this, they will like what they see. The closing is great!

The segment on FF was great, new found respect for him.
    Savage is a savage!
    Scooter city.
    What, no scenes of Mrs Mullen shopping at Publix?? :D
    Can Megan go on the trail? If only every recruits momma could get to spend some time with her. The closer.
    THBC coach at a white board drawing up plays, awesome!
    Greenard is gonna make a lot of $$$.
    The key to QB whispering....is whispering. Too funny.
    My Girl.
    Trey Dean sitting in front of his locker.
    Family - fun - hard work.
    Dan will be at UF for a long very successful time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. lwg8tr

lwg8tr GC Legend

You'd think they'd of picked Alabama or Clemson. But besides people in those states, no one gives a chit about those programs. Bama may win NCs, but UF is a brand and it shows in how we wipe the floor against them in just about every other sport those school schools play, and how you can go anywhere and the Gator logo is recognized over the cartoon Elephant or Tiger paw.. Not to mention where it counts, in the classroom. Bama is mostly for kids on the spectrum or borderline retarded as is Clemson. I think what one is ranked in the 70s and other low 100's of all public universities. Soulless football factories whose main goal is the aggrandizement of rich boosters, jock sniffers and alumni and not producing scholars or ground breaking research.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TJtheGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    UF has the goal of being a Top 5 public university. #7 right now.

15. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Just finished watching. Had DVR’d it. TG asked Grimes I think it was where he got his sub. And he said La Spadas!! Only Broward County Gators would have caught that reference!

But yes I wish every recruit and their families could watch. Great look inside the program.

• Like Like x 3
  16. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    I don’t have or want HBO or a trial. I’ll wait until I can watch it on YouTube or something. Might be years. Lol

17. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    What? Lol

18. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    Is this show also supposed to be on Amazon Prime?

19. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    Why is that? There is one in Winter Park and one in Sanford

20. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Great hour long commercial on the Gators! Some memorable moments...

Mama Mullen - Wow, just wow! Love that she cares so much about the players.

Franks - Really feel for this guy. Definitely a new respect for him.

Spurrier - Good to see him involved. I could definitely see him randomly barging in and drawing plays. He’s earned that right I think lol

Savage - Dude is permanently hoarse from always screaming. Looks like he’s probably the MVP of the coaching staff.

Trask - Has some ways to go to catch Franks on the leadership front. He seems kinda quiet and the other players don’t seem like they know him too well.