Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

We should win this Saturday

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by SavageGator, Sep 9, 2018.

1. SavageGator

SavageGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Brandon
    But Colorado State won't be a walk in the park. They just beat Arkansas and will have confidence coming into the Swamp.

2. wterryiv

wterryiv GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    All depends on how the team responds on Monday. Wouldn't be shocked to read a players only meeting happens. Personally I think CSU beats us. I don't see the attitude doing a 180 in a week.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Hasbeen

Hasbeen All American

Aug 5, 2010
    Alachua
    Player accountability begins in earnest this week. Need hell on the practice field & in the weight room to identify who wants to win and who just wants to dress out in a pretty uni. Hope CDM can find enough of 'em

4. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    At Msu
    Lsu
    Uga jax
    We need to win our next two..
    Because the three above is what follows. Three very physical teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. partdopy

partdopy Senior

Feb 1, 2012
    I live in Denver and went to the Colorado - Colorado State game last week. They looked bad. Granted, we looked bad last night, but a different level of bad. I'm fairly confident we'll beat them even after last night's display

6. wterryiv

wterryiv GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    I hope you're right!!

7. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Legend

Nov 19, 2014
    I’m not predicting anything anymore this season.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Shouldn't that have happened already? If not what is the staff waiting on? Staff has been soft on the team hoping they learn on their own after a few losses? Think about what we have to believe to accept what he says in the post game press conference.

9. SavageGator

Apr 17, 2007
    Brandon
    I thought many on here were too optimistic after we beat a weak Charleston Southern team. Now I think some on here are too pessimistic. I believed before the UK game that the Cats were a much better team than most on here gave them credit for being. As I said on my other thread getting David Reese and CeCe Jefferson back will help our defense. I think our OLine with better coaching will improve week by week.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SavageGator

Apr 17, 2007
    Brandon
    I believe we saw improvement in all three areas (offense, defense and special teams) today. There were good performances by our players like Swain and Pierce. At first glance I was surprised last week when Colorado State came back to beat Arkansas. But given the Hogs 44-17 defeat by North Texas today it appears that Arkansas is a pathetic team this year. I don't believe we should get too excited about our victory over the Rams today because the competition gets tougher in the next weeks.

11. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Big game this weekend. Cannot lose.

12. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    News flash:
    Colorado State & Arkansas both suck.

13. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Wins and losses will not tell the story this year. We need to be watching for improvements across the board. The oline did a little better. There was more urgency in their blocking. Defense tackles better. Neither were great improvements but better. I think it is becoming clear Perone is running better than Scarlett but Scarlett did do better this week.
    Then there is Franks.
    He is better than he was last year. So there is that. But he missed several wide open wr against Colorado state. He keeps looking for the home run and passing up doubles. And some of those doubles could be turned in to home runs with the talent we have at wide out.

14. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hoping staff continues to work on the basics. Tennessee has much better roster, size, speed, talent than does CSU.
    It's really weak. I don't have the patience CDM has. I would be asking, are you blind, wake up kid you are making it hard on yourself and look silly doing it.. be a smart QB and beat your defenses... you don't have to be Superman and break through walls to win. Watch some film and learn FF. :(

15. As Mullen is taking pains to point out . . . this is just Franks' third game into a new offense. Hello?

He has 9 touchdown passes and just 2 interceptions.

And he has 23 rushes for a net of 103 yards, with a long rushing gain of 21 yards, and averaging a fairly decent 4.5 yard a carry.

Mullen also took pains in his post-game presser to say he's not making *bad* decisions, he's slow on making some decisions and he's missing some *better* decisions that present themselves out there on the field of play. Those are, relatively speaking, good things and -- to prove the point -- are reflected in the 9 touchdowns, 2 interceptions stat.

Onward to Tennessee. Hopefully he's able to make quicker read-react decisions and comes home with a big, big victory on Rocky Top.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Appreciate your post. Some are too harsh on him. I look at him as being a freshman. But after the debacle last year he's like a damaged freshman. I'm going to cut him some slack and allow him to get better this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. freedomgator

freedomgator All American

Mar 26, 2017
    By golly you've figured it out. Just ask the QB if he's blind and boom, Aaron Rodgers.

18. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Interesting.... everyone thinks UT doesnt have some pretty glaring issues themselves too. Folks act like we're playing Bama every weekend for the rest of the sseason.

UT isnt going to try to beat us passing, theyre going to try to beat us just like UK did... smash-mouth running and blitzing defense. We basically know the game plan, so we sshould be ready for it.

I'm going to mull it over this week, even though I like our chances to win next Saturday.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  19. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez Senior

Nov 29, 2016
    Can anybody give the scouting report on Tennessee? I have not watch them play much at all. Too focused on our team. Plus UT hasn't played anybody worth watching. Did not watch West Virginia. So what are their strengths and weaknesses? I know they are in transition just like us but what are some specifics?

"Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born."

20. hhpgator

hhpgator Senior

Jun 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1