Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

We Haven't Forgotten: It SUCKS to be a Florida Gator

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LLCoolJ94, Dec 7, 2020.

1. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Let's welcome LSU back to The Swamp properly.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lol... "It sucks to die like a champion Tiger.... I said it sucks to die to die like a "champion" tiger....."

3. recongator

recongator GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    upload_2020-12-7_4-5-45.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    It sucks to smell like corndogs all the time...

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. NUM1GATRFN

NUM1GATRFN GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Acworth, Georgia
    "...I said It Sucks...To Smell....Like an LSU Corndog!..."

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    Gotta admit, I thought that video was pretty funny. I’ve always considered the rivalry to be a healthy one - unlike Georgia, FSU and Tennessee.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    Saturday in the Swamp!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Even after the hurricane cancellation debacle?

• Like Like x 3
  9. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Eh...those who attended the 97 game might disagree with you but I actually feel similar to you

10. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    I worked in Louisiana six weeks one summer for a year. Everything about that miserable sh!thole sucks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    When it comes to attending games live LSU is my 2nd least favorite fanbase in the SEC. Georgia fans will forever take the cake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    Yeah - I don’t hold that against the fans. Jerk move by AD for sure. But for me, the rivalry doesn’t come close to the other 3. I can understand how it escalated it because of that for some though.

13. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Good point. AD issue, for the most part. I just don't like the way their fans act when their team visits Gainesville.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. ExSS99

ExSS99 Freshman

Oct 21, 2015
    On a boat
    Except the fishing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I haven't been to an LSU game in Baton Rouge since the '80's. I always had a good time, but maybe I just got lucky. When I went in '83, the four of us didn't have tickets. We were milling around outside the stadium in our gator gear, when an LSU fan walks out of his crowd and sells us 4 decent tickets. Bizarre. It was cool for that game ( or maybe that was '85, can't remember), and we we were wearing jackets, and this LSU fan in front of me pulled out a handle of wild turkey and shared it with all of us. We iced the game on a Wilbur Marshall pick.

I was there for Galen's last game, when we won on a last second field goal. I've had good luck with the coonies.

• Like Like x 3
  16. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    Every fanbase has it's good representatives and it's obnoxiously bad ones. I've never had a bad experience in Baton Rouge. I've never had a bad experience in Knoxville either but other Gators have some horror stories about traveling to Tennessee. I've had some really good experiences with fans from all of the SEC fanbases. Especially on the road.
    The only bad interactions I ever had with LSU were in Gainesville. A liquor bottle thrown from their section and hitting a woman in front of us knocking her out and splitting her head wide open. Person was cuffed and I assume arrested. Ive seen grown men throw their food on a little kid when a Gator family walked by when tailgating. That started a huge brawl. Ive seen an LSU fan shove a Gator fan walking down the stairs because they werent moving fast enough. That person was cuffed and I assume arrested. Ive seen them intentionally drape their flags over the heads of old ladies who were trying to watch the game. Stadium cops told them to stop or theyd be forced to leave. I saw an LSU woman spit in the face of another woman who she appeared to be friends with who was rooting for Florida. She just started crying and left.

I could keep going but most of it is smaller petty stuff that most fanbases are guilty of. I can only go off of my own personal experiences. Admittedly I havent traveled to every SEC stadium. I have seen Florida play versus every SEC opponent in person except Texas A&M. Seems like every time I go to an LSU game I see something crazy from one of their fans. I cant say that about anyone else except UGA but thats JAX and I dont know how they "behave" under normal conditions.

17. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    I hear ya - every fan base has jerks, even ours. I was at the game in LSU 2007 and everyone was super cool. Got lucky I guess.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. Marvel_Comics

Marvel_Comics Sophomore

Apr 17, 2007
    I was at the 2003 game in Red Stick...Zook's Gators handed them their only loss of the season, after a punt return TD for the first score it was all Gators. I was with about 5 friends...walking out (quietly I might add), all the way out of the stadium and to the car we were bombarded with endless profanity, stuff thrown at us, etc...couple dudes got close screaming at us but my group was all pretty big guys so no physical confrontation. Worst I've ever been treated at an opponent's stadium, I've hated them ever since. Then my son started hating them when we were at the 2017 home game and their obnoxious and classless band played during the entire Tom Petty "Won't Back Down" tribute...so it's a family hate affair now! :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    I was there for the Earthquake game .. full Gator garb .. granted my "For your enjoyment 4.0" compatible wife was sporting her LSU colors.

We walked by the tailgates down South Stadium.

Man, I never had so much to eat or drink in a loss. Every gumbo slinger and their mother was trying to get the "lost Gator" over to their tent. Try this, try this. Drink up! I was like a celebrity. Even with the 8000 calories, I drank enough to not remember how I got off campus. I have to take her word for it that I was comparing all their food to Sonny's BBQ.

Anyways, they were a great crowd, at least after a win. If you're there, wear plenty of orange and blue, walk by the tailgates and look hungry.

20. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    UF wins tow of the last three years versus FSU with a beating on Saturday