Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

We’re making progress…

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    inch by inch. Here’s what happened 53 years ago in NYC:

“The Stonewall riots [took place] at a Greenwich Village bar, led by L.G.B.T.Q. New Yorkers who were tired of being harassed by the police when they were out socializing. (“Homo Nest Raided, Queen Bees Are Stinging Mad,” The Daily News famously announced.)”

Opinion | When Allen Ginsberg Came to Town

2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Right now Texas is using the power of the state to create a database of known transgendered people

3. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Registering the out group. This does not sound good at all. What is the purpose one wonders.

4. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Nothing fascist about that at all.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    It's a shame DeSantis is emphasizing legislation trying to strong arm citizens into behaving according to the Republican "ideal" - Being white, greedy, Christian hypocrites that abuse others.

The man is talented but focuses on legislation of behavioral control.

I hope Disney tells DeSantis to kiss ass and moves out of the state. Would serve the pubs and DeSantis right.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015

I’m with you. Get the hell out of Florida Disney.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I'm with you, too, but for a different reason: it's ruined the state of my youth, when we could hunt, fish, and enjoy the springs and outdoors without Orlando and the interstates clogging everything up!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

I have had business dealings with Disney. The entire DeSantis / Disney thing is a SHAM. Disney may "pretend" to have some sensitivity to non heterosexual lifetstyles but I assure anyone reading this, those folks, when it comes to MONEY, are HARD CORE REPUBLICANS. They treat vendors like trash, over-work their employees for barely living wages and have gone off the DEEP END with their lust for profit by providing televised programming that is
    intellectually dishonest and bent toward one thing: Profit through dis-information. Disney SUCKS!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    My clients who have dealt with Disney concur, sadly. Thread hijack follows:

Contractors put out of business fighting with Disney to get paid is common. New company offers an aggressive price, Disney accepts…and starts asking for change orders and concessions. One year later company is out $250,000 and Disney says “make us pay”. Very few have the resources and fight to battle Disney in court.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    So only libbie employers treat their employees well….bah. Nice try gator head, and you almost got away with it.

11. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    We live within 45 minutes and avoid that shallow - superficial - place like the plague.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I didn't say that. I just know, from HARD experience, Disney is a tough nut to deal with. BTW Democrats are on the same train to perdition as Republicans, they just travel second class.........

13. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I will finish by suggesting this:

The only reason that Disney had any "concern" about queer or alternative lifestyle folk is (warning / my opinion, I have NO facts or statistics to support this) because I believe that the upper management may have information that suggests their "employee base" may have a higher % of queer and alternative lifestyle folk under their employ and wanted to appear "sympathetic" to them considering DeSantis hostility to those lifestyles.

In reality, I do not see that corporation giving 2 shits about anything other than a hostile Florida Gov't creating labor issues for them.

BTW Eiger is BACK!