Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Way too early Heisman talk

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by exiledgator, Jan 27, 2020.

1. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    Malzahn was THE single biggest reason Auburn lost to Georgia last year. It's amazing he could survive that but then the BAMA game happened.

Not sure why people are snoozing on Mac Jones. Looked good to me but then again Rudy Waddle and ruggs can do that for a qb

2. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    What I want to know is why the hell Harris came back? Is the pay that good?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Surprised Stingley isn’t on that list.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Dont deny that, but there is no way a HS coach is going to come in and fix Auburn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Like I said, if they hire Patrick Nix, which won't happen as long as he is beating Bama. McElwain could go 3-8 and keep his job as long as those wins were against Tennessee/LSU, Georgia, and FSU.

6. gus WAS a HS coach in Arkansas, then he became someone's idea of a coaching genius and wound up, incredibly, at Auburn as HC. Not sure if nix pere' is so regarded. Pinson Valley HS has not necessarily been a historic HS powerhouse in the Hoover class (I used to live across AL 75 from there) but they have had solid seasons... I don't see him coaching in the college ranks. Nor do I ever see nix fils hoisting a Heisman (or ever even in NYC for that matter). Auburn's coaching future will determine whether he ever graces ATL or not. One thing gus can do... beat satan. That ain't shabby. Better keep that for the transition.

EDIT: actually 2 things he can do. He can beat o as well. Just not this year.

7. mkfgator

mkfgator Junior

Aug 28, 2019
    In addition to the fact I believe it will be almost , but not completely, a two QB system next year with us. Emory Jones will play...a lot. We have to have mobility at that position, and these two compliment each other well. Emory has to stay engaged and wanted. We don't want him leaving. He's too good for the future. KT is humble and unselfish enough to live with it and even embrace it. They'll both play a lot, Kyle more. I think Kyle will run when the D least expects it and EJ will pass when they least expect it. It's Mullen's MO. EJ has been in and out of games for two years now. He's ready. Kyle is too good to sit and watch. They will both play a lot, and thus Kyle won't be in the Heisman conversation. This is the time of year when someone's lamp will also be a candidate for the Heisman trophy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BJ1888

BJ1888 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    Mayfield wasn't even given a scholarship by Texas Tech, hence the transfer to OU. Going somewhere you can get a scholarship is hardly quitting on your team.

9. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Legend

Nov 19, 2016
    I agree. And Going somewhere that better utilizes your talents (like King did) isn’t quitting on your team, either.

10. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Newman, Brennan and mond are literally unbelievable to see that high up there. Even as way too early bs lists go this one is a pile of elephant shit. Think of the bright side though , look at the value you’d get with Kyle at those odds.

11. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    That kid still has such a hard time in the passing game. Didn’t seem any better at the end of the year than in the beginning. I always assumed gus was better on off than that.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2020
  12. BJ1888

BJ1888 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    I feel like someone needs to remind everyone in this thread that oddsmakers aren't trying to accurately predict the future, they're trying to give odds that are good enough to attract bets.