Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Way-Too-Early Gator Football Season Predictions

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by thatguy, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

It happens man. I’m pretty sure Tennessee fans can’t wrap their heads around those two late game winning TD bombs either.

Speaking of disasters, were you around for the choke? Shit happens - try and get over it and turn the page.

Go Gators

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. beteez

beteez Freshman

Jul 20, 2009
    Then Dorky Dan bolts for the league & Grantham becomes hbc.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Who the hell are you?

4. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I would have bet the farm last year we would have been much better than 8 - 4. I see alot of optimism which is great but I'm not as confident as many here. Not addressing Covid because it affected everyone, not just UF.

Lots of questions. That ferocious offense is gone. The offensive line, IMO, is lining up to be on the same level as the last couple of years. This is concerning because we have tons of RB talent expected to produce next year. The issue being of course going to a more run oriented offense as compared to passing offense last year - will the line be able to run block at a high level?
    The last two years have shown that not to be the case.

Defense - Questions at every level and every position if you ask me.
    I'm hoping the defensive front shows improvement, they should with the help of the two transfers.

Secondary? Tons of bodies and youth. Tons of talent. Will they improve on last year? One would hope so but our depth is very green.

Special teams: Not much consideration from folks here here but I expect a slight drop off, hopefully the FG kicking is reasonably accurate.

Final Record? Personally I need to see some play on the field but I think the predictions I am seeing posted are a bit through the lens of O&B glasses.

If pressed I think our record is closer to last years. 8 - 9 wins (including the bowl) would be my guess. Second in the East.

When UF starts getting a better share of (TOP) Florida HS studs I see us moving up. Will be stuck as a perpetual also ran until that happens.

Finishing 5th or 6th in SEC recruiting is bad enough but when several "Out of State" programs out recruit us in Florida then expect ZERO in the way of championships. (Unless the occasional SEC East title satisfies)

Staff needs to step up, FSU is down, Miami seems to be rising, and of course every good team is in Florida recruiting like crazy. better make recruiting Hay NOW.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ofmgator

ofmgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Anyone not happy with nine wins has a problem with reality.That said, we could easily win 10 or 11 with some luck. Depends on the D.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ahab

Ahab GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'll say losses to Bama, at LSU and one other surprise loss. Still think we beat UGA again this year as we look to have the on-field coaching advantage in that series.

7. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Dammit. We got bama in the reg season. Ohio State cries if they have Iowa & Penn State in the same season. #seclife

8. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think 10-2 or 9-3. I don't see why georgia has to get us. We could have a run game that is an envy of the conference("could"). I could see us having enough for Bama, at least that at the end of the game if we do not win we were close. Bama is reloading at some key positions as well. The problem playing Bama, and to some extent uga, is, it's hard to know what's coming when they line up on offense. Hard to stop them. I can see us beating Bama or georgia but dropping another couple that we believe we should have won. That happens to most teams most of the time.