Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Warren Brinson

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, May 31, 2019.

1. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Yeah, IMG and their evil little administration can kick rocks. I truly liked your post however. But they can piss off. Lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015
    There once was a political candidate who was told by most everyone to skip campaigning in certain venues where a candidate with his party affiliation (team) never wins ... venues where the political machinery and media would continue their historic practice of being heavily stacked in favor of the opponent. He was told that campaigning in those venues would be a futile waste of time. He was told, even by people on his side, that he should just let his opponent have those votes and to fight elsewhere.

The candidate ignored the chatter. He fought for territory everywhere there were votes to be had. He held rallies. He spoke over top of his opponents, the media, the established political machinery ... and reached the voters directly.

He fought for recruits even in the IMG’s of Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota ... even when the experts said he should tell those places to kick rocks.

He now happens to be the President of the United States. In effect, he won a Natty.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  3. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Admittedly not a perfect analogy. And it’s tortured by the nexus with political figures. My only point is to encourage efforts at pursuing recruits even in venues that have been unfavorable to us in the past :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. rb10

rb10 Premium Member

Jan 19, 2014
    If Mullen gets the help from Russia maybe UF wins.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Well, NOT recruiting places is ... not gonna happen. He gets the big bucks, and so I won't be telling him to stay out of the biggest state in the USA

BTW, why no comments on a Stone Mountain GA commit? Isn't that a steal from uga?

6. bernie_lomax

bernie_lomax Junior

Jan 26, 2016
    It may be a win-win in the short/intermediate term, but you’re manipulating an impressionable young man to mislead a rival recruiter solely for your gain. It’s scummy at best and I hope we never play that game. We’ve seen fsu do this nonsense and that’s obviously not the company you want to be in.

• Agree Agree x 1