Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Warren Brinson

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, May 31, 2019.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Hey, when I miss or get one wrong I will own it. However in this case, I firmly believe UF and a lot of "insiders" were purposefully given wrong information. I can't or will not say what I really think happened but it was dirty. That said, I still think UF will have an exceptional DL class on NSD.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    I believe that too, Candy. Thanks for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    It's not your fault Candy. Recruiting is a crooked business. I'm getting close to giving up following college football.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Legend

Apr 25, 2011
    Seems to be an established pattern now. Beck’s commitment was very similar. The common denominator IMO is Kirby wanted it to go down this way both times. He’s playing a game of deception and it’s all about humiliating Mullen and UF.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. akaijenkins1

akaijenkins1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Which is fine in the off season. Kirby is not an elite on the field coach. If he were, they would have won two championships by now. Through SOS, Zook, Meyer, Champ, REDACTED, et. al, the common theme is Florida beats GA more than GA beats Florida. Despite the offense playing its WORST half of football all season, we led that game in the third quarter.

Kirby better win all he can in the offseason, because the Jimmy’s in Florida are historically, empirically, emphatically better than the Jimmy’s in Georgia and once the whistle blows, the results on the field will prove that and the results on the trail will follow.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    This. IMG is dirty as F---. It seems obvious to me that in addition to guaranteeing to parents that IMG will make sure their kids will qualify (by having their staff take the ACT and SAT for them), they promise bagmen.

IMG: "If your kid plays with us and helps us destroy other teams in our rigged conference, we will make sure your kid qualifies and your family is well taken care of in the recruiting process."

UGA and Gumps to IMG: "If you send players to us, our bagmen will contribute to your slime school, and make sure your players and their families make out well in the recruiting process. " The school and staff get rich, the players and their families get rich.

And the NCAA can't figure it out. How the hell did they not do something about the test taking scam there?

And for those of you that think UF is cheating the same as UGA and the Gumps, IMG proves you wrong.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    A list of 2019 prospects from IMG.

Link

We got one (who was from GA), Bama 2, FSU 2. Then a lot of other schools. They all sending the bag man to IMG too?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Gatorhall

Gatorhall Premium Member

Apr 15, 2007
    North Florida
    Never understand why fans go on rivals message boards.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. gatorfanbill

Feb 7, 2018
    I’ve been a Gator fan for 55 years. I read the message board out of interest in my team.

I have never understood how any Gator fan can trash talk our team and our coach for all the world to see, especially CDM who has done a great job up til now. We all loved him by the end of the season. You don’t trash talk someone you love.

I’ve only posted 150 times in my 55 years of being a Gator fan, including 130 times this year. I don’t care to brag about how many posts I have, or that somehow my posting count got reduced. It’s not about me. I came on here to be positive since there was so much negative on here.

Quit chasing off recruits and their parents. Quit being so negative about our team and coaches. How about bragging on their accomplishments. You must be real fun to live with.

Thanks Dan Mullen for the transformation you’ve brought to UF. Thank you players for all your hard work. And thank you fans for those of you who encourage, praise, and are thankful for the turnaround of our team.

For the rest of you... stop running off the recruits and our coaches.

Be positive. Be a force for good for our team and coaches.

I know some of you won’t like me now. That doesn’t bother me at all. Either your with the Gators, or your not.

• Like Like x 8
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    does a bear shit in the woods?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    So if IMG is dirty, then why are we continuously trying to get players from there then? Makes no sense if a place is "dirty" yet every season we're sending coaches there in an attempt to sign players from there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Because they have a lot of good players, I would imagine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Gfb, we are about the same age. Much like you, I dont bash our coaches or our players. I have been a lurker for a long time. I just started posting a few months ago. It baffles me when I read some "gator fans" constantly berating our coaches. Not just Dan, but coach White too. I even saw someone thrashing (mildly) coach Sully. Sometimes I question people's allegiance. Don't get me wrong. I'm not all rah rah guy. I will have a negative opinion on coaches who deserve to get called on (ala Mac).

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. gatorfanbill

Feb 7, 2018
    Yep, Mac was different.

16. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Just what I thought... SMH.

17. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    Yessir.

18. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It ain't about humiliating Mullen and UF, per se.

it's a tactic meant to dissuade Mullen/UF from recruiting players Georgia wants.

The story-line goes...

"Look at player 'ABC', he's down to UF and Georgia"
    "Oh forget him, it's just Kirby and Georgia trying to play us again"

So we pull off, don't recruit him very hard, etc, and just assume it's a ploy. And if you're right, you don't waste your time on a player who wasn't going to come anyway. And if you're wrong, you're defaulting an honest player to Georgia. So it's a win-win for them to do this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. pettyleftgainesville

pettyleftgainesville Recruit

Jun 5, 2019
    nyc
    because its fun

20. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Hopefully cooler heads prevail in the face of frustration about our past lack of success recruiting certain venues (IMG, CA, anywhere else where a top recruit attends).

It is not wise to just dismiss a location or an institution by assigning a label, shifting blame, and withdrawing. Better to assess our own competitive failures in those venues, develop a new strategy, and compete ... not quit.

Are there times (and places) when the odds are stacked against us? Sure. Happens in lots of settings. Happens on the field. Happens in politics. Happens in military affairs. Happens in recruiting. Happens in life. But the winners keep fighting, they adjust, they stay in the game. Winners do not just pitch fits and stomp off the field... resigning themselves to competing only in venues where it is easier (which is what their opponents hope).

Do not give up any battlefield. Do not withdraw. Do not cede territory to the enemy (especially in our own back yard). Take it FROM them. Advance forward. Stay on offense. Put the enemy on defense. At a minimum, make them fight to hold territory.

Don’t let the pitcher brush you off the plate, Dan. Own the batter’s box. Own the plate.

As fans, we gotta back him. As boosters, we gotta support him. Applies to every recruiting venue, every HS, including the most challenging ones ... ESPECIALLY the most challenging ones. Where we’ve underperformed, apply a new strategy to reverse the trend there. Don’t tuck tail and run.

Compete instead of complain.

Remember the notorious bank robber, Willie Sutton, who replied to a reporter’s inquiry as to why he robbed banks by saying “because that’s where the money is”.

I hope CDM and his recruiting leadership ignore the “IMG is unfair”, “forget CA” chatter. I hope he continues to go where the money is. His recent willingness to compete in CA is a good sign.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2