Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Warchant: Josh Griffis Post ULM

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by LLCoolJ94, Sep 9, 2019.

1. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    You're seriously comparing what Meyer left at Ohio State with what Mullen inherited at UF, seriously?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    True, and I'm glad they aren't the ones that made the hiring decision.

3. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

@DieAGator @antny @manigordo

@bobbybaker86 is absolutely correct. They knew they were getting an upgrade of a commit, and were leaving JG behind. This is not the kind of info I like posting on public message boards.

Like I said before, I did not post up that pic to talk about JG specifically, rather, I did so to give a snapshot of how some high school recruits see the FSU program currently.

Moreover, you guys must understand recruiting extends FAR beyond the on-field staff. The off the field staff has been a disorganized catastrophe. Mullen has made some recent hires and reshaped the staff, however. It is looking much better than what it was. Whether it is sufficient is yet to be seen. But please try to understand recruiting is not something that just the on-field staff takes on by itself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Bro i wanna buy you a beer because that's the same thing I thought to myself. When the Steele/Jones summer of discontent stuff was happening and the 2021 class fell apart as a result, I linked it towards us not having a full staff on deck to assure the recruits and give them a piece of mind that everything will be ok. We weren't fully staff and i'm sure we didn't have enough personnel to get all hands on deck to do "damage control". I said to people after the off the field and recruiting staff was fully assembled, things would be ok and that's exactly what has happened.

At this point in time, unless it's completely being swept under the rug, no one who is a 2020 pledge has any red flags that has yet to be expose. This cycle has addressed getting the proper on and off the field player you'd want representing the football team.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    And more to the point about JG. The kid grew up all gator and was a commit. Didn't make sense for him to just turn to the bad guys witbout some pushing from us. That's not the guy I want to pile on as I wish any kid who truly wants to be a gator gets the chance. Sometimes it's just not in the cards though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Everything I've heard about the Griffis familyis that they are good people. TBH Josh may not get to be a Gator but I think he can do better than fsu and I wish him well.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    Regardless of the stars, their strategy seems to be ...do whatever you can to boost the recruiting rankings. That roster is poorly put together and that’s putting it mildly. I really don’t understand the question. It is a smoke & mirrors staff in Tallahassee.

Griffis wasn’t “pushed” out but he wasn’t pursued by this staff either. During the elite Jr Day we had back in Feb, he wasn’t invited ...when he had teammates that were. These were recruits specifically targeted by the staff. Then he came anyway ...but no one really spent time with him when he was here. Think about that. Quit looking at what FSU is, on paper. It is a dysfunctional mess and Mullen isn’t losing any sleep on the recruiting at the SOW.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Dan Mullen took Mac's 3* and beat the dog snot outta Jimbo's high 4* and 5*. End of story.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. LLCoolJ94

This is accurate to my knowledge.

10. LLCoolJ94

[​IMG]

11. LLCoolJ94

Maybe one Saturday on game day!!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Not sure how you think I disagree with you. FWI, I agree. I bet I have been following recruiting longer than most...like since I was recruited in 1970.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    There is now a Player Personnel person assigned to each on the field member of the coaching staff. Allows coaches to focus on game management and planning and Player Personnel to review tape, talk to kids, serve as conduit between recruit and coach, keep the coach organized, tell them who to call and visit, .... much better design to have each coach work with one player personnel department staff member and specialize on certain areas and positions. Should allow offers to go out earlier and UF to be at the table expressing interest sooner. We are getting more organized and you should see differences in 2021 and 2022

• Like Like x 6
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not several years, more than 20. Nothing I said was false and we should not finish where we are now- sixth in the SEC. It doesn't matter to me if someone thinks I'm negative. You will never find me criticizing a rival's staff for something but making excuses if our staff does the same. I'm not one to coddle or cuddle.

15. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    If we finish with Smith, walker and a couple others are you still bothered by whatever ranking we land at? Criticism is fine but you just posed an unfair supposition about FSU vs Florida recruiting. It wasn't accurate or based on what happened. That's all I took exception with. I'm not trying to turn this into an argument though. I've been here since 2004 or so maybe longer and I know you have to. At the end of the day we l just want to see the gators back at the top. We just see different needs in getting there

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    @rmfleone06 what about my post that you disagreed with??

17. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seeing it already.

18. LLCoolJ94

I didn't. I just wanted to make sure I included everybody in the conversation :)

19. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Wow, you have a fifty-year anniversary coming up soon...

20. rmfleone06

rmfleone06 Sophomore

Aug 21, 2009
    Florida
    In general I disagree with badmouthing a kid who grew up a Gator fan and made a few childish remarks after being spurned by his childhood favorite team.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1