Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Waivers for our guys

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by twodaparty, Jan 27, 2020.

1. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Legend

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

I agree on the regardless of the HC but just that I felt that Coach Mullen's offense was best suited for his skill set where he can be more versatile because Coach Mullen will find ways to get playmakers the ball in space rather than simply handing the ball to them every time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    I think with respect to waivers Lingard will be ok in this REGARD, but Shorter may come up SHORT.

Ok, I couldn’t resist. C’mon man me. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Not sure if the NCAA allows but if they do, UF ought to have expert legal counsel on retainer to expedite positive results for incoming transfer’s eligibility.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I’ve heard that chick crystal balls has mad ball skills

5. robertgator

robertgator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Thought he was just slow for sec level.

6. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    George Campbell....former FSU WR. Concenus top 10 high school receiver, rated #1 by ESPN. Dude could not catch a cold in Alaska, naked in the middle of winter. His BEST season at FSU he had 6 catches for 122 yards. He is now a grad transfer at West Virginia.

It happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  7. raygravesghost

raygravesghost All American

Aug 13, 2019
    Shipp was #1WR in the country per USA Today
    His career stats were 1 catch for minus 4 yards...hard to make an assessment of his ball skills LOL

I remember how excited we were for Darell Jackson & Travis Taylor's immediate impact......Thank God!!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  8. grayg8rstevo

grayg8rstevo VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    So you are saying he shortened Shorter’s name to Short?
    Shoot!!!!

9. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Legend

Nov 30, 2016
    Shorter just needs to hire Fields’ attorney, problem solved.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. stp_gator

stp_gator Senior

Nov 16, 2017
    St. Pete
    He’s a redshirt senior this year, right? ;) Man, it seemed like he was at UF for 10 years!

11. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Whoa....let me get this straight...youre saying he is no longer on the team...damn....what are we going to do now?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. mcorsair15

mcorsair15 GC Legend

Sep 2, 2018
    Has to be proven I'm sure. One would hope for his sake there is no evidence but in todays world anything and everything is caught on camera.

Regardless, our culture in Gainesville is as good as it's ever been and that includes the Meyer years. The talent may not be equal, but these guys genuinely seem to love playing for Coach Mullen and are unselfish as can be. I'll never forget that speech Cyontai Lewis made after the peach bowl. I knew right then and there this team would be a close knit group moving forward. To me if Shorter didn't fit in with the culture at Penn State, then this team will welcome him with open arms like a brother. If he comes in and acts like Chris Steele, then he'll transfer again and we won't care because he was toxic and would ultimately destroy what good things we have going right now. Best thing ever watching Van Jefferson and Grimes work Chris Steele in practice and post it all over social media.

13. bvgator789

bvgator789 GC Legend

Nov 29, 2018
    Agreed. One thing Mullen is showing for sure is that if your a transfer he can get the best out of you. I mean if I was a transfer looking at schools and UF was interested they would be at the top due to production from all the other transfers Mullen as brought in.

14. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    It is not unheard of for 5 star receivers to have underdeveloped ball skills and got the ranking because of measurables, but being the #1 receiver makes it hard for me to believe he had no ball skills. On the other hand, Arian Smith has no ball skills and was not targeted by his team this year, but he is highly ranked because he runs fast and is going to Georgia, and Darnell Washington was stiff and not athletic at camps but was still in the 5 star range most of the year because of his size. Meanwhile Leonard Manuel, who has great size and ball skills, is ranked about #700 in the country.

We have some experience with WR as well. Tyree Cleveland was one of our highest ranked WR going way back Percy Harvin or the Zook era, but he was a project as well, who became very helpful this past year, but was not as consistent as any of the other seniors. There could be some truth along with some hyperbole from PSU fans after losing Shorter.
    In all fairness to Steele, getting worked like that does make you homesick.

• Like Like x 1
  15. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    Great ball skills... horrible practice guy and never picked up a playbook