Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Viruses Don’t Exist: Change My Mind 2.0

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by duggers_dad, Jan 24, 2023.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Why is all the stuff you post from the same website? Any wild idea that has a one stop shop where you can get it for free is pretty sus IMO. But this illustrates one of the main problems when it comes to knowledge. You can go around spreading this crap for free, and to access any sort of scientific or academic content, you've got to basically have JSTOR access or something, not to mention be familiar with the field jargon to make any sense of it. Useful knowledge is usually valuable and therefor guarded, fake knowledge is free and easily accessed.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  3. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I don’t think the language is that hard. I’m not a scientist, but I believe that the challenge could be summarized in this way ...

Find discreet submicroscopic particles, in an ill person, and keeping them wholly separate from all else, show that they cause other people to be similarly ill.

4. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Then watch my short Dr. Sam Bailey video. She’s easy on the eyes and you’ll love her Kiwi ‘ack-seent’

5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Whatever happened to “question everything” ? Isn’t that what science is supposed to do ?

“I think it is absolutely essential that people should understand the methods by which the things they believe were discovered, because a lot of people seems somehow to think what they believe in, is independent on how it was found out… people actually don’t know, if you stop [i.e. ask] the average person, an average biologist, how do you know that the DNA is in nuclei, the majority of them would say, we know about, would say, by subcellular fractionation, and you say have you ever considered what happens in subcellular fractionation, they haven’t”. -- Harold Hillman

DNA discovery, extraction and structure. A critical review

There are insuperable problems for virologists.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    It should be noted that you refuse to question your own beliefs and that your "insuperable problems" have largely been answered by the research, which you don't know because you don't want to read how it has happened.

7. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    And it should be painstakingly obvious that I can and do question my beliefs. How do you suppose I arrived at the conclusion that viruses don’t exist ?

D’uh!

Reminder: your signature study is a cartoon.

8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So why the refusal to question that belief now? Is it because you think it makes you interesting, feel smart, or is otherwise useful to your psychological state? And is that the basis on which the initial claim was questioned rather than a thorough empirical investigation?

And you are just making things up in terms of the studies. You figure if you insult it in a way that doesn't require you to address anything in particular, it is helpful to you.

9. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    This thread is 13 pages too long

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Scroll to the comments section in your link. Lots of head scratching. One says “I hope they don’t try to sell the video to Disney. What a letdown.

Just the latest attempt to see a virus into existence through CGI.

11. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Thanks for making it just a little bit longer!

12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    There’s a gnat on my iPad screen.

13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Lol, wow the internet comments section. Always known as a good source of information from a highly informed group.

But I am glad for you that you found them to come up with defenses that you didn't come up with so that you can avoid questioning your beliefs.

14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Lab Coat Fallacy by design has a gaslighting effect. But it doesn’t work on everybody. I’m just pointing out that I am like some of the commenters who are asking “Where’s the beef ?”

15. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Nah, you aren't asking that. In fact, you aren't asking anything. You are protecting your own psyche from the notion that one of your own claims was false. Which is why you refused to get pinned down on any specifics as to how to prove your points wrong, as Lacuna stated.

16. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You’re playing chess with a pigeon

17. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Which claim was false ?

18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    That viruses have only been observed in still images.

19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Viruses have never been seen in still images, let alone flipbook. See: your breakthrough study.

Pigeon says “check” ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    You are protecting your own psyche from the notion that one of your own claims was false. Which is why you refused to get pinned down on any specifics as to how to prove your points wrong, as Lacuna stated.

Mate, even if you claim that your rook is actually the king.