Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Viruses Don’t Exist: Change My Mind 2.0

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by duggers_dad, Jan 24, 2023.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    You didn’t catch Covid. Rather, you caught a construct ...

Regarding SARS-Cov2, no particles assumed to be the “virus” were ever purified and isolated directly from the fluids of a sick patient and proven pathogenic in a natural way.

Instead, a genome for a hypothetical “virus” was assembled by way of computer algorithms from short fragments of RNA coming from the bronchoalveolar-lavage fluid (BALF) of one patient. This was an unpurified mixture containing many host, bacterial, fungal, and other unknown sources of RNA.

The genome spit out from this mess served as the sole basis for German virologist Christian Drosten to create his own PCR test. He was able to conjure up a PCR test in a matter of days without having any purified and isolated “virus” on hand and based everything off of reports he saw on social media.

Essentially, SARS-COV-2” only exists as fraudulently generated computer construct stored in a database with cases spawned by a PCR test (see forgoing article) designed to detect small fragments of this invalid construct.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

What do you think about all this?

3. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I don’t deny the existence of bio-labs. And I have no doubt that deadly substances are being engineered there. But Gain-of-Function and lab leak, etc., are just a distraction ...

Lab Leaks and other Legends - Dr Sam Bailey

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. PetrolGator

PetrolGator Lawful Neutral Premium Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Herndon, Virginia
    Why? Your entire insane premise is based on fundamentalism. You may be attempting coy here, but it's nakedly transparent. My issues aren't with the Abrahamic God, they're with people who seemed determined to regress society and scientific progress to an archaic time where magic, in the form of ritual, substances, or prayer, somehow provided a curatic effect. You don't pray away cancer reliably anymore than you do so serious respiratory diseases.

Either you're convinced that every physician and researcher working in/around virology is intentionally fraudulent or more than a century of peer-reviewed research is grossly mistaken. Based on these replies and those in prior threads, I think it's the former. The same insane premise is found in most pseudoscience and science-denying fundamentalist circles that will move goalposts to irrational extremes to justify their woo. It's the same ridiculousness that empowers Young Earth Creationists, flat earthers, New Age homeopathy, and other fringe elements that wish to conflate baseless nonsense with well-established science.

Frankly, referring to virology as a "religion" is in of itself insane. Again, conflating methological empiricism with "religion" utterly ignores the materialistic grounding in the former. It's not a commentary on God, for or against, and using it as such is abusing the entire concept. Science is based on observation. Our understanding of the world changes with new observation(s) and is the complete antithesis of dogma. Cherry picking data, misrepresenting it, or even simply quoting pseudoscientific nonsense not rigorously put through peer-review (read: repeatability and sound procedures) should be dismissed. Waxing persecution and making YouTube videos or online woo articles your sources is, well, silly.

Note: Any research should be peer-reviewed. I've seen more than a few papers in my field rejected for procedural or data errors and one that tried to tie diagenic/catagenic processes to a presupposed age of the Earth, based on Biblical *hand waiving* ages. Mind you, the conditions proposed for such processes don't exist on the Earth, let alone explain most (if not all) reservoirs.

The meat is in the execution: woo methods of hydrocarbon formation fail to predict new reserves. The same is true with virology. Medicine has well-established diagnostic and treatment plans for an infectous agent that you seem to deny exists.

Both forms of denialism and pseudoscience (to be generous) fail to produce in-practice results. "I get better naturally" is simply survivor bias. It's no better than saying "I haven't died in a plane crash, so plane crashes don't happen."

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022

Pfft, peer-review is an old boy’s club and science is whichever way the wind is blowing and who’s funding the studies.

Are you a practitioner of Islam ? If not, why not ? Are you going to sit here and tell me that billions of its adherents have been sorely misinformed for 1,300 years ?

And would that virology was based on observation. It is manifestly not. Rather, ‘viruses’ are presupposed, and through primitive and decidedly sloppy techniques are literally ‘seen’ into existence by dint of point and declare.

If nothing further comes of our exchanges, if nothing else, I regard you as a fellow believer. We both hold to to unseen things.

Set aside for irony’s sake ...

“denialism and pseudoscience (to be generous) fail to produce in-practice results. "I get better naturally" is simply survivor bias. It's no better than saying "I haven't died in a plane crash, so plane crashes don't happen."

6. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    The challenge with this argument for me is similar to arguing about climate change or even arguing with flat Earthers. They use phrases and terms that I don't understand and doubt they do either. I don't have the time or the academic background to try to figure out what they're trying to say and attempt to refute it. One thing that I do notice is that they will rarely present their own models and theories to be tested and examined. It's simply an effort to poke holes in existing theories. And it's fine to do that - even a good thing. But if they thought they had workable models, it seems like they would present them. They rarely do. How many flat Earthers have even tried to present a serious model that could be tested? How many who don't believe in viruses have willingly exposed themselves to Ebola to document that theory? How many people who think meteorology is crap are able to predict tornado outbreaks a week out without relying upon forecasts prepared by others? There just rarely seems to be any effort to build, create, or develop anything on their part, which is telling to me.

7. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I suppose its a credit to the primacy of science and reason that hokum and bigotry have to be presented in sciency sounding words and language to get any kind of hearing, cant just say "the Bible says so" anymore and not get laughed out of any room (or forum).

8. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Hadn't thought of it that way. That's an interesting point.

9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Ironically, virology is firmly rooted in circular reasoning. It is another Bible. It’s like a religion in that it purports to see the unseen and in the way it’s priests act to protect themselves from heretics.

10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Science: the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation, experimentation, and the testing of theories against the evidence obtained.

Science in 2020ff: “WTF ? Are you some kind of QAnon cis-Trumper ???”

11. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    We get it, this is your one rhetorical trick and you aren't going to stop using it!

12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I’m just mostly returning snark for snark at this point. Aside from duck, I don’t see anyone engaging references I’ve posted. I doubt that anyone is reading them to any extent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Belief in contagion is as old as ‘gods are angry.’

Belief in viruses is relatively modern. It was established in no small measure through money and politics.

And it crowded out an understanding of illness as arising from in and shared environment as a way of understanding simultaneous illness ...

14. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    This is your standard argument for everything though, it always goes like "something generally accepted as true is actually fake/exaggerated and its like a religion/cult." I mean when you were doing light holocaust denial years ago on this forum that was basically your argument too. Its even the case when you are arguing esoteric religious doctrine. And in this case viruses.

15. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    The basic problem for all your arguments is that just because all human knowledge is unstable/impermanent, it doesn't make religious doctrine, hokum and flim-flam true.

16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    The very term “virus denier” is emotive and likely likely arose from an effort to equate terrain theorists with holocaust deniers.

Cognitive dissonance is fascinating when observed from the outside. It’s almost impenetrable.

17. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    You’re overwrought. I’m simply saying that virology is a pseudoscience. S*** happens.

18. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    You are the first person to use "virus denier" on this thread as far as I can tell, but I suppose your bit doesnt work as well without a persecution complex attached

19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Great, there is plenty of pseudoscience around and even accepted as legitimate (especially in criminal justice), but again, that doesn't make you right about your pet theories.