Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Violent thugs and hooligans brutally attack police officers in D.C.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Jan 6, 2021.

1. nolancarey

nolancarey Junior

Aug 16, 2009
    They don't think they're traitors. They do think, however, that Democrats need to be the ones to start the healing process.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Absolutely cunning. When you’re not thinking with your big head.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It's his fault for having a head?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Will be interesting to get more details on this.

Panic buttons were torn out ahead of Capitol riots, says Ayanna Pressley chief of staff

Not every congressional office has these panic buttons.

• Informative Informative x 5
  5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I'm willing to let an investigation play out, because there have been a lot of claims flying about this operation. None of it would surprise me, but I want to process to play out. There are security cameras everywhere, shouldn't be hard to verify most of these claims, as we've already started seeing with some.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Lot of misinfo and allegations flying about. Hopefully we will get good confirmed info in the form of more indictments

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Traitors?

Again, they didn't appear to rush or force their way in, as is being portrayed.

...when there, there was minimal destruction.

...when told to leave, they didn't hunker down for dsys, take hostsges, threaten to blow the building up, or even force security to deploy tear gas and such.

Very fee were armed, and the fee who were, were armed very lightly.

It strikes me far more as seeking to make a statement (vast majority) than a sincere attempt at a coup, or insurrection, or actual attempt to take and hold power by force.

They're taking selfies...most prolly had to work the next day.

Sure, SOME may have harbored delusions of grandeur, but seemed like a very small number of them.

Again, strikes like they were baited into entry, then proceeded to show their ass a a bit.

Calling this a rebellion, or insurrection, is really just laughable.

It was pathetic and bush league; classless and uncouth no doubt.

...but not at all what it's being painted as.

Jmho/fwiw.

• Come On Man x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Seems appropriate

9. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Bacon for everyone! It's on me fellas!

Go on...hit me with the smells good...

:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Beating cops trying to protect the facility and smashing windows and crawling through is not forcing their way in? You and I appear to have a different understanding of the meaning of "force their way in". I think that having to push past and/or beat the Capitol Police and smash windows to circumvent locked doors lands pretty squarely within the definition of Force.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Play stupid games, post stupid posts, and win stupid prizes. They were baited? How often to uninvited "guests" get to stand on the floor of the House and visit the Speaker's personal office? This argument is as bad a she was wearing a short skirt and asking for it bs.

Most weren't armed? How often do you go into workplaces dressed in camo and carrying a bag full of zip ties? How about molotov cocktails? Are they standard fare in your vehicle?

The country was lucky this wasn't a more organized effort in my opinion. Still left a big scar, and try not to think about what was going through the minds of the Congressmen and women when you listen to AOC tell the story how she feared for her life!

You are trying to excuse the inexcusable. You're in a hole. Want to stop getting the bacon? Stop digging.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Was there a softball game somewhere? I mean all the bats surely had good intentions:)

13. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    So the domestic terrorist intruder who got fatally shot in the neck wasn't part of a large crowd trying to force their way into a restricted part of the building?

5 people died. 6 if you count the Trump domestic terrorist coward who took his own life because he didn't want to face the consequences of his actions.

Yeah Trump's domestic terrorists just had Molotovs, a pickup truck full of weapons and 11 homemade explosives parked nearby. No biggie at all.

Does aiming to forcefully stop the vote count as holding power by force?

And it's interesting how many times you throw in the "very few", "some" and "not all" disclaimers in there. Did you assess the BLM protests that got sidetracked by Antifa and white supremacist troublemakers in the same manner?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    "That's not the white power symbol, he's just playing the Circle Game!" - White supremacist deniers/enablers

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. nolancarey

nolancarey Junior

Aug 16, 2009
    Wait, there are MAGA men on Bumble? Isn't that the app that puts women in control of matches? Can't see a Proud Boy going for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I'm married now for 41.5 loooooong years. I'm going to state for the record I am completely unfamiliar with online dating sites. A poster on another thread suggested the rioters may have been "baited" into the capitol. These ladies have found an even better bait I would say.

• Like Like x 2
  17. leftcoastgator

leftcoastgator Ambivalent Zealot Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sonoma, CA
    Speaking of baiting . . .

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Good God. It's like a scene from Braveheart (sorry if an inappropriate exaggeration). And why does an LEO at the capitol have a bike helmet on?

19. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Why is that kid not in jail?

20. nolancarey

nolancarey Junior

Aug 16, 2009
    I've been with my wife for 20.5 short years, but I teach students who are routinely fiddling with tinder, grindr, farmers only, and christian mingle on zoom calls.