Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Violent thugs and hooligans brutally attack police officers in D.C.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    A racist judge proves a racist judge, not institutional racism.

More Black folks being incarcerated or receiving longer sentences is also not necessarily evidence of systemic racism. A variety of factors come into play, legal representation, ability to afford legal representation, etc.

You have twins all the time growing up under identical conditions where one is far more highly successful than the other. When you have all sorts of variables coming in for people with different education levels, different cultures, different socio-economic statuses, different criminal histories, etc. you're going to get different results. The default explanation for this should not be racism.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Is not the judge part of the "institution"? Isn't the inability to afford better legal representation evidence that the system is against minorities? How else would you explain it?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    “For every complex question there is a simple answer. Unfortunately it is usually wrong.” You say “bs, if this happened...” with no analysis of my arguments, the principles, or the facts in play. Gong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    No. It's proof that minorities, particularly African Americans are not as well situated as White Americans.

A variety of reasons explain this, single motherhood rate in the Black community is 70%, the Black community has disproportionate levels of children out of wedlock. Those are the primary two factors that come to mind, but there are many more.

EDIT: Saying a racist judge proves that our institutions are racist is like saying the Gators are bad because they have Marco Wilson. You're sort of missing the forrest for the trees.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  5. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Depends on how you define leadership. He led tens of thousands of people to a successful assault on the US capitol. That seems like pretty effective leadership ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    And what is the cause of this fact that AA's aren't as well situated? Nothing institutional that causes this?

And why are so many black kids born without fathers? Could the incarceration rate play a part? And why are so many more black men in jail versus others? There's nothing institutional that causes this at all?

Dig deeper.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. swampspring

swampspring GC Legend

Dec 13, 2009

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Institutional deficiencies, red tape, yes. Not racism. Frankly, it's nowhere close to the top of the list.

How about bad choices? Police aren't just rounding up Black fathers because they want Black children to grow up without fathers. They committed some crime to be incarcerated.

Again, institutional deficiencies are a factor and will always be a factor. Institutional racism is nowhere near the top of the list.

Why are more men in prison than women? Do the institutions play a part?

Why are Asians as a demographic wealthier than Whites? Do they have Asian privilege?

We see disparities all the time with a variety of explanations, but when society, the media, and academia find them in perceived victimized classes, they choose to draw a narrative of oppression whereas they choose to ignore the disparities everywhere else.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  9. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Around the world Govt, looks like Trump staged a failed coup. Apparently there was a reason all tje Ex DoD leaders spoke out last week.
    GOP, elect Roma McDaniel again and plan more rallies.
    I cannot believe where my ex-party has fallen too. Conspiracy and elfing nut jobs. This does not mean I like the far left at all. It means I find one inherently more dangerous. YMMV, and if it does, bless your little heart;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Point to me trying to justify yesterday's events. Point to anywhere I said yesterday's events were okay.

I never did any of that. Enough lies. Enough gaslighting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    A black man with equal qualifications is likely likely to be hired or promoted. Black men are more likely to be arrested than white men. And per the previous link, black men spend more time in jail for the same offenses as compared to white men.

Let's summarize. As a black man, it is hard to find a job, harder to get promoted, you are more likely to get caught and arrested if you do something stupid, and when caught, your jail sentence is likely to be longer than that of a white person. But racism isn't near the top of the list as a factor? Race is one of the institutional deficiencies that has defined life as a minority in this country.

And I didn't even talk about other racially charged institutional deficiencies, such as redlining.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Look, we've already discussed these issues ad nauseam. And we can continue to discuss them until the end of time. Let's get back on topic.

13. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Wife of Justice Clarence Thomas throwing some love to the angry mob

[​IMG]

14. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You're the one who bought up the whataboutism with the BLM protests and how you think we should feel the same way about them as we do with the MAGA Capitol riot, because according to you, the BLM protests aren't justified because there is no institutional racism. If you aren't prepared to defend you claim, then maybe it's because the evidence of institutional racism as presented is overwhelming, and we have a right to feel different about BLM activists standing up against centuries of racism as compared to MAGAts, who are morons being played by the President himself!

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Whatever makes you feel better. I've already defended my claim. I have better things to do than repeat myself for the thousandth time in a different thread for people who have already made up their mind.

EDIT: Neither riots are justified, even if the anger behind them is justified. And frankly, the anger behind neither are justified as both riots are based on lies.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Man you don’t let it go. What we saw with the riot on Wednesday was terrible. What we saw with all the nightly riots for months on end last year was terrible. There is absolutely no justification for either. Whether a person is black or white, you should never be allowed to cause bodily harm to another person or do damage to that person’s personal property. Your premise that one person or group “deserves” it more than the other is BS and that kind thinking is what is fueling a lot of the problems this country is currently facing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Ding Ding Ding.

We have a winner, folks. Someone here gets it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Frankly for the democrats, keep this about Trump. All the comparisons to blm response, etc, just weaken this hand by injecting side issues. Save that for later. The police response was lacking because they did not have people. Why? There is more video coming out of police trying to push back crowds and just getting overrun. Were the understaffed because WH said no big deal? The entirety of congress was in the building and yet...

Keep this all about Trump. No side issues.

19. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Why? Because Trump ousted Esper and installed DOD loyalists to perpetuate this. And when Maryland and Virginia tried to send in their national guards, they were rejected for NINETY MINUTES BY DOD.

This wasn’t random riots. It was an insurrection against Congress planned and incited by the President.

No one should excuse rioting, but this is different in kind. The BLM analogy doesn’t exist.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    A new worst post yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1