Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Violent thugs and hooligans brutally attack police officers in D.C.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Jan 6, 2021.

1. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    OK, then, he's being prosecuted for breaking the law because having a press card doesn't authorize you to do so. The remedy to avoid what is considered "political targeting" in your alternate universe is to not break the law.

My work is done here, no charge.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Technically it could be considered breaking the law. This IMO is akin to going 3 mph over the speed limit. It likely was incidental. It was an unusual situation with rapidly involving dynamics. He was trying to document an event with national implications.

Other things that also technically could have involved charges: Hillary's email server. That was illegal. So was Hunter Biden's laptop. So, was Obama's comment on a hot mic that he'd relax missile defense if Russia would give him room in the next election. Yet, no charges for them, and those were much more egregious offenses than this one. This reminds me of the old communist saying, "Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime."

This is an instance where the DOJ initially chose to pass over this because of how petty and technical it was. Then he starts writing about 1/6, and they put him in jail cells with drug dealers when he was arrested.

This is what political targeting looks like in a DOJ with no moral fiber whatsoever.

If he gets a severe sentence (he was digging stuff up about 1/6 that ticked the DOJ off) then this is BS. He even said in the interview the guy who booked him in at the jail looked down at his documentation and said, "This is BS."

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  3. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Cool. End of conversation.

Oh, also : "LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"

Isn't that what you folks like to say?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    And… another one.

Man who used megaphone to lead attack on police during Capitol riot gets more than 7 years in prison

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Washington state man who used a megaphone to orchestrate a mob’s attack on police officers guarding the U.S. Capitol was sentenced on Wednesday to more than seven years in prison.

U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth said videos captured Taylor James Johnatakis playing a leadership role during the Jan. 6, 2021, riot. Johnatakis led other rioters on a charge against a police line, “barked commands” over his megaphone and shouted step-by-step directions for overpowering officers, the judge said.

“In any angry mob, there are leaders and there are followers. Mr. Johnatakis was a leader. He knew what he was doing that day,” the judge said before sentencing him to seven years and three months behind bars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Another " hostage" or " political prisoner" for maga world to fawn over.

6. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    From tourist to hostage.....just like THAT!

Thanks, Biden, and your weaponized DOJ. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Six years - Thread

8. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    Another "hostage" that will likely get a pardon if Trump wins in November. I can see it now, a big photo op at the WH with Trump surrounded by a bunch of J6 peeps he pardoned.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Awesome, lock them up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

11. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    lock her up

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Typical tourist visiting the center of government.

It's odd, though, I've managed to go on every one of my vacations without ever punching anyone. I must have the wrong tour book.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Assault on a police officer…by a police officer

14. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Like Like x 1
  15. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    So weird. All the MAGAs keep telling me these people were invited in....

Fisher, 52, said he wanted to offer a heartfelt apology to the officer he assaulted, to the people of Washington, D.C., and to the country, saying his conduct was "egregious" and that he should've known better.

16. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Absolutely blows my mind that the Republican party has come to this. All the mental gymnastics and bullshit they tell themselves and others that this was ok or didn't happen. How can Americans be OK with this?

Ideally, this POS gets a long stay in prison, living the life of an ex cop in general population.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    WAS a practicing physician...wonder if she lost her license or quit.

just another broken person left in djt wake..sommeone, hopefully, the democratic party, makes a commercial that details the number of people convicted, imprisoned, and/or bankrupted after doing djt's bidding. these things need to be made clear and obvious to anyone still supporting the cult leader

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    another candidate for a dem commercial. Hi, I am Joe, and I once believed what DJT said to the point that I threw my life away to support his lies. Now I am in prison for believing and supporting djt while he is still clinging to his lies about a stolen election. Please don't make the same mistake I did and let this conman prey on your emotions lest you become another victim in his wake.

these commercials write themselves yet the dems can't seem to figure it out...smdh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    ideally, he shares a cell with djt

20. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    “a small plaque to honor police officers who saved the Capitol — and the lawmakers and staffers working there — on Jan. 6, 2021 was not completed or installed by the March 2023 deadline required by law…….revealed concerns that the honorary plaque is mired in the toxic politics of 2024 and has fallen victim to the fight over the election denialism

“I protected elected officials, regardless of party affiliation said Retired Capitol Police Sgt. Aqulino Gonell”

But Republicans on a House Appropriations subcommittee declined to answer questions about its progress and instead referred CBS News to the Speaker's office.“

Congress defies its own law, fails to install plaque honoring Jan. 6 police officers

• Informative Informative x 2