Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Violent thugs and hooligans brutally attack police officers in D.C.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Jan 6, 2021.

1. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Great point. There were some cops as we can see let suspects go free. 6 cops at least were suspended. But to your point, it doesn’t change the fact there was a large riot and attempt to stop the election by violence, in support of trump. Maga literally beat LEO men and women bloody.

Trump frequently does that. He admits to a small truth and then make a much bigger lie.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
  2. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    There was no riot, but if there was, the FBI orchestrated it, but there was no riot since the capital police let the protesters in, but if there was a riot Antifa infiltrated the crowd, but there was no riot as you can see on videos away from the riot, but if there was a riot it was Ray Epstein and the FBI who started it, but there was no riot, but if there was a riot Nancy could have stopped it, but not Donald Trump who tweeted late in the day for people to go home and that “These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots” but these things doesn’t mean a riot, but if they did, it didn’t happen. - Magaminds

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    There were the Capitol police that didn’t do their jobs, and a few of those faced discipline, some i think we can cut some slack if they were “overwhelmed” by the scene. Obviously somebody higher up made the call to not hold suspects at the scene (instead, clearing them out and letting them go). But the ones waving the rioters through? They need a new line of work…

But let’s not forget on the other side of those lines, at least a few of the violent rioters were ex-cops or even current military reserve. So wouldn’t be surprising some tried to flash a badge or feign some type of illegitimate authority.

One of the first really long sentences was handed out to a 56 year old retired NYPD cop.

Retired NYPD Officer Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison For Actions Related to Capitol Breach.

5. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007

“Many online are suggesting…..” :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Okay. Now what?

7. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Been debunked. Its a vape or its the guy who stole a police badge and radio
    https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...s-badge-radio-sentenced-to-4-years-in-prison/

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/se...ew-conspiracy-that-j6ers-vape-is-an-fbi-badge

‘How Many Are Feds?’ Sen. Mike Lee Pushes Jan. 6 Conspiracy Theory

Sen. Mike Lee perpetuated an unfounded conspiracy theory that federal agents or informants were among the rioters on Jan. 6 and that one may have flashed a law enforcement badge during the attack (in reality, it was a vape). In two posts to X (formerly Twitter) over the weekend, the Republican indulged in a MAGA disinformation campaign.

The man pictured with the alleged badge is Trump supporter Kevin Lyons, who is shown in a separate photo carrying a vape in his hand. Twitter appended two fact checks to the tweets, writing that Lyons “is not a police officer and is not holding a badge. He is carrying a vape and a photograph and wallet stolen from Pelosi’s office.”

Before his sentencing, Lyons told the judge, “I’m an idiot, I realize that. I was stupid. I don’t know what came over me. … I apologize to you, the country and my family.”

(now why was this man apologizing to the country and his family since it was all so peaceful?)

“If you’re asking whether the violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6 was part of some operation orchestrated by FBI sources and/or agents… the answer is an emphatic no,” Wray said.

Take yer pick. Next

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    I’m just posting what is out there.

9. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    It's really hard to keep up with this. Was it Antifa? Was it the FBI? Was it just tourists? Was it non violent? Was it allowed by officers? Was it just a protest? Was it no big deal and the media blew it out of proportion and we should all move on?

Tune in tomorrow for when they try and change the narrative again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    What is out there is not necessarily rooted in reality. Why are the wild things so quickly believed and passed on?

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Your opinion. Let’s post it and let people decide for themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    NO! Instead, let's deal with the provable. The factual. The actual. Opinions are subjective assessments of phenomena that could be one thing or another or another. That's not what we have here. We have plenty enough data recorded in real time that opinions are useless regarding the big picture events of J6.
    Let's decide if the sky is blue, or water is wet whadda say? What is your opinion on those things? Ridiculous

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Anything to defend the orange god. Some are just disappointed that it did not work.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. AndyGator

AndyGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    why do you guys still respond and try to reach these trolls, fools, and Russian puppets? Don't you know the definition of insanity?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sure, just keep kicking truth in the balls and spreading your bullshit.

16. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    The sky is blue, water is wet, and insurrections don’t happen without guns.

17. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Well, it's offensive to me personally. I was a researcher for 35 years and before I spoke or wrote for public consumption, I made damn sure that what I was saying was backed up with data, appropriate analysis, and review i.e. as close to truth as can be. People can disagree but then - hey, here's the data, here's the analysis - go be quiet.
    That's why the idea that J6 was a peaceful stroll through the capitol building or that Ray Epps is FBI though completely unsupported by fact is ludicrous and I feel compelled to so state.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    oh jeez, there were very few arrests and searches that day - but there were guns that showed up in photos and admitted to in court - not to mention the throngs that were hanging out just outside the metal detectors and were armed or the guns found in a truck, the weapons stored in a nearby hotel.
    Oath Keepers jury hears about massive weapon cache on Jan. 6

A member of the Oath Keepers who traveled to Washington before the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol testified Wednesday about a massive cache of weapons the far-right extremist group stashed in a Virginia hotel room.

Jan. 6 rioter who brought guns onto US Capitol grounds sentenced to 5 years in jail | CNN Politics

A January 6 rioter who carried two loaded handguns onto US Capitol grounds during the insurrection was sentenced to 60 months in jail on Friday after pleading guilty to assaulting an officer that day and unlawfully carrying a firearm.

Gun-toting Jan. 6 defendant says 'instinct took over' when he charged police line with wooden pallet

A Jan. 6 defendant admitted on the stand Monday that he was armed with a gun when he charged toward a police line at the Capitol.

Christopher Alberts, of Maryland, was arrested with a gun near the Capitol on the night of Jan. 6 and was one of just a handful of rioters to be taken into custody that day. He faces a host of charges, including felony civil disorder and felony assaulting, resisting or impeding certain officers. Prosecutors allege that Alberts was “prepared for battle” on Jan. 6, wearing a tactical vest with protective plates and carrying a fully loaded firearm with hollow-point ammunition when he “brandished a wooden pallet-type object and used it as a makeshift battering ram."

19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    There have been many insurrections without guns. This one had people with guns.

20. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Are these opinions? or something more? If I had the opinion that the sky was plaid would that be a valid opinion - even if I could find thousands who agreed?