Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Violent thugs and hooligans brutally attack police officers in D.C.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Jan 6, 2021.

1. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Jordan shouldn’t be primaried. He should be expelled under Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment.

But I appreciate you recognizing why I have been keeping this thread alive and the extent and dangerousness of what we saw on 1/6/2021 to the continued existence of our democratic republican form of government.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I think you underestimate the strength of American institutions, but that doesn't mean the people who test them shouldn't be punished, and punished harshly.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    However strong you or I believe they are, I think we can agree that coup attempts without consequence are just practice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    We agree that people who wanted to throw out state electoral votes, or do so via proxy through Vice President Pence, present such a slippery slope, and undermine our election processes to such a degree that there is no place for them in Congress or any high power office for that matter.

It presents such a risk that ignorance no longer matters, in the event of a successful attempt, the damage is done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015

McConnell couldn't have said it better, here.

"If this election were overturned by mere allegations from the losing side, our Democracy would enter a death spiral. We would never see the whole nation ever accept an election again. Every four years it would be a scramble for power at any cost. The electoral college would cease to exist."

McConnell highlights how this is both wrong and politically stupid all in the same breath, here. Should appeal to both Republicans who want to do the right thing and the cynical ones who just want the political winds blowing in their favor long-term.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Testifying under oath to the committee would be the pro-American act but hurt the Republican Party (likely). I don’t much wonder what their response will be.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Jury decided another suspect was guilty as part of the maga mob attack on the US capital. including attacking a LEO. It’s odd how lame his defense was. ie. there is a pic of him grabbing mask of LEO when officer was on the ground. His defense - he was just trying to show the officer his hands.

big deal when these go to a jury. He Could get a lengthy sentence. Only hope now is if trump is re-elected, he might pardon them all.

“ A jury on Monday convicted a former New York City police officer for assaulting a D.C. police officer during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Thomas Webster, a 56-year-old retired NYPD officer was found guilty of all six counts of assault and civil disorder.”

Ex-NYPD officer found guilty of attacking D.C. cop with flag pole on Jan. 6

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
  10. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    For a group called OathKeepers, they’re pretty good at flipping on one another.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

12. surfin_bird

surfin_bird Freshman

Jan 24, 2017
    I do not want to see this thread end. Not until all the Republican politicians and strategists working behind the scenes are brought to justice. There is no such thing as a good insurrection to overthrow the will of the people. It was a well orchestrated coup fermented by Trump and his minions. Everything Trump and his Republican hacks were spouting leading up to the November election was just laying the groundwork for overthrowing the government. Trumps selection of USPS and DOJ flunkies prior to the election can be added to the pre-planning operations. Trump and the GOP knew Trump was not electable by at least summer 2020, and after Trumps melt down on national TV during the 1rst & 3rd debates, the plan was pushed to warp speed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. gogator7444

gogator7444 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    Unhinged came to mind when I read this. So yes I fully believe he knew & encouraged Jan 6, and can't wait til those hearings are aired.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    good grief

15. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The investigation will end in January once the GOP takes the House. That will stop this Committee wherever it is. The new committee will then subpoena all the DOJ records to derail the criminal investigations, just like the House Intel Committee was doing in the Russia investigation. They will do it under the guise of needing to investigate the investigators. So, whatever this committee releases before January is all we will ever know.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    yep, it will never see the light of day after January 2023.

17. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    “A New York City judge's son who stormed the U.S. Capitol wearing a furry "caveman" costume was sentenced on Friday to eight months in prison.

“What you and others did on that day imposed an indelible stain on how our nation is perceived, both at home and abroad, and that can't be undone," the judge told Mostofsky, 35.

Boasberg also sentenced Mostofsky to one year of supervised release and ordered him to perform 200 hours of community service and pay $2,000 in restitution.”

U.S. Capitol riot: 'Caveman' gets prison for breach

• Like Like x 3
  18. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The trespassers are getting relatively milder sentences. 8 months isn’t reflective of insurrection.

19. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I still have yet to see the so called brutality unleashed upon the police by these "insurrectionists" that has has been referenced in the OP's title.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2