Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Violent thugs and hooligans brutally attack police officers in D.C.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Jan 6, 2021.

1. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Big Friday night filing news: Mark Meadows to testify. Thread.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    The highlights for those that don’t read threads.

• Informative Informative x 5
  3. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Things are about to get spooky!

4. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL

7. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    fascinating And discouraging. There is a decent chance trump could get a 2nd term.

this post and post 3324 are really worthy of a new thread. Different enough from this capital attack thread (and kind of getting buried) and important info.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. gogator7444

gogator7444 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    Waiting on the "that's fake news"/"it's taken out of context" for that info. Great post!

9. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Really appreciate that you follow this and inform.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Did Pence suspect that the secret service detail assigned to him was taking direction from trump team and intended to take him away from the capital to insure that someone else would try and certify a different set of electors?

Pence Refusing to Get in Secret Service Car on Jan. 6 'Chilling': Raskin (msn.com)

"I'm not getting in the car, Tim," Pence said, in response to Giebels' insistence that he enter the armored vehicle. "I trust you, Tim, but you're not driving the car. If I get in that vehicle, you guys are taking off. I'm not getting in the car."

Raskin discussed the House select committee's investigation further on Thursday, alleging in no uncertain terms that Trump and his closest confidants attempted to organize a coup following the 2020 election.

"This was not a coup directed at the president," the congressman said. "It was a coup directed by the president against the vice president and against the Congress."

12. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    When the Committee releases its report, it will be detailed and specific. The GOP leadership in the House will assert that the Committee was biased and that its chosen members-- including collaborators like Jordan-- were not allowed to participate. The right wing will assert the election was stolen and that is what should have been investigated.

Even the tapes will not matter much.

And, doubtful this will make a difference in very many races.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Jordan is who McCarthy tried to put on the J6 committee. An autogolpe coconspirator. And when he was denied a seat, McCarthy refused to include anyone. Worth remembering as you read this.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  16. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    This PB defendant pleads guilty to seditious conspiracy and specifies that PB leader Rhodes was part of a conspiracy to prevent peaceful transfer of power.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 5
  17. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    After reviewing what happened on January 6th, it looks more like the portion that you mention where they refused to certify the results to publicly demonstrate support for Trump is true.

With respect to my point noting that some may have done this to buy time to further investigate fraud:
    1. This was referenced in part to Ted Cruz's call for an emergency audit.
    2. As much as I want to believe Cruz at times because I think he is an intelligent guy, he has earned the reputation of a liar, and I don't think he's earned the benefit of the doubt.
    3. I already agreed with this point and acknowledged it, but the issue of fraud had already been decided in Court. They should not refuse to certify the election results based on facts in such contrast to what was decided in Court, and they had a legal obligation to certify the results.
    4. Republicans may be ignorant on the legality of some of these procedures, largely to their own detriment and that of the country, but the more I think about it, the more I think that your explanation is the most logical one: they knew they'd lose, so they wanted to politically cover themselves by voting against certification so they wouldn't make an enemy out of Trump. To call this a political miscalculation would be the grossest of understatements.

That said, I don't appreciate you trying to link this event to all conservatives or Republicans. I resent that. I especially don't appreciate you trying to suggest that I "tacitly agree" with the decision to riot or the decision to refuse to certify the results.

Take my advice, you want folks closer to the right to see things your way, don't lump in everything that happened on January 6th, or everything conservative, into this one deplorable disgusting box. Rule of thumb in persuading people, don't falsely characterize them as deplorable and they condone certain actions when these same people explicitly and repeatedly condemn them. That's a solid way of making a political adversary and demonizing that person amongst your own base, not persuading anything or anybody to your cause.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    They were putting Eastman’s plan into play. They is what happened in the certification process. The votes were counted and recounts already were conducted. That is the day for Congress to certify the election, not put it off. Their justifications were nonsense to give themselves shade. Not an ounce of sincerity or truth to them. This was exact what was planned and had been for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    And if that's true, I hope criminal investigations uncover that.

I saw Jim Jordan among others seemed to be in on the plan to use Vice President Pence to "not count" electoral votes that "he believes" are unconstitutional... whether it be from legal ignorance, factual ignorance, or malice, is up for debate. But regardless of his mental state, that is such a fatal error in my book, it demonstrates such a degree of dangerousness that he should be primaried.

And frankly, I wouldn't think twice if all of the Republicans, including Ted Cruz, who refused to certify the election were primaried.

I wish we had good options.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Jim Jordan tells Meadows that Pence should call out the votes that he considered to be “unconstitutional” and reject them. This is a mainstream House member and the WH Chief if Staff.
    Evidence mounts of GOP involvement in Trump election schemes

• Agree Agree x 1