Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Violent BLM protest in NYC leaves two NYPD cops injured, 11 arrested

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Feb 14, 2021.

1. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Violent BLM protest in NYC leaves two NYPD cops injured, 11 arrested | Fox News
    The NYPD reported that two officers suffered minor injuries during the protest, which was attended by about 100 marchers; officials could not immediately say how the cops were hurt.
    At least some of those arrested were accused of attacking Daily News photographer Sam Costanza at the intersection of Sixth Avenue and 54th Street in the mistaken belief that he was a cop, sources said.

The photog was surrounded and struck after one of the marchers recognized him from a BLM protest outside the NYPD’s 6th Precinct house in Greenwich Village last year, according to sources.

When are they going to really crack down on these thugs who have been destroying and vandalizing property and violently attacking Americans for over a year now

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Thanks Biden

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sic the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, and other MAGA hats on them! Let's have a civil war!

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    well, they were arrested, weren’t they?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    There were more arrests at this non-fatal protest than there were at the deadly insurrection at the Capitol. Just more proof of the privilege MAGA domestic terrorists hold.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Define “really crack down” please.

more than 10% of the 100 protesters were arrested when this march transitioned from a valid exercise of their free speech rights to a breach of the law and of the rights of others.

Isn’t that exactly what we want, as compared to what happened throughout last summer? Or should they just be shot on sight?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I think for some on here whether or not they should be shot on sight depends on the color of the target.

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Come on man! Where were you when Trump committed the worst crimes ever committed by a president against our democracy?! In the wake of all that has occurred, I can't believe you had the chutzpah to post the above, especially when part of it's pure bullshit!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    Flgator2, you really should answer that question.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    I'm sure that the police are glad to know that Blue Lives matter to Republicans again.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    11 arrested in NYC on a Saturday night?

Sounds like a typical one if not lower than average.

Not like they stormed the capital and killed anyone.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I am a believer in systemic racism across many institutions. This means the progress of these marches are working. 10 arrested versus 5 dead at the capital. Facts like that will start to become clearer and clearer. And harder for everyone to ignore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes they did arrest a few, but this is New York so they'll most likely be set free won't they?

14. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    How about making them pay for the damage they caused, I mean they've being doing this for over year without much repercussions

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    For some reason I don't think it would really matter with some of you guys

16. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Well that was a let down. There was more violence at my high school on a typical day than that recap. Slow news day I guess when the President isn’t a moronic troll.

17. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    And when did republicans ever stop supporting the Blue lives matter? What you're lying again about republicans

18. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    The Capitol and DC Metro Police departments might disagree with you, Sir.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    About the time the MAGA-mob started tazer-ing them and bashing in their skulls with fire extinguishers.

I will agree with you about one thing. I scoured my digital subscription to the NY Times and I could barely find a word about this incident. Be it minor or major, this should have been reported on with equal vigor as it would have been were the protestors the MAGA-mob. In which case this would have been front page news. For all of the fantastic science, health, technology, arts and even global news coverage.....this picking and choosing of stories by the Times (and all news organizations) really does bother me. Media should not have "sides" and should not hide stories if it makes their "side" look bad. News should be news, be it a small local event in the NY City area or a story with global implications.

On the flip side, this appears to have really merited little more than a couple of paragraphs, which frankly is all the NY Post gave it, and Faux News just cited the NY Post story.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Fine, but the police can’t do that. Nor can the local DA or state attorneys general. Individual business owners need to bring civil suits for monetary damage to recoup their losses.

What’s stopping them? And how do you know they aren’t?

Typically, the victim will make an insurance claim, get back its losses (at least to the extent insured) and the insurance company will chase the perpetrator via a subrogated claim. No different than when someone is in a car accident, and we don’t read about those claims in the paper either.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021