Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Vinay Prasad a Progressive Explains Reality (DeSantis)…

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, Jun 6, 2023.

1. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    If this were true, it really wouldn’t be Prasad’s views that you are arguing for, but that of the vast majority of medical professionals. And if we are going to defer to the vast majority of medical professionals, we should not be too regretful of taking COVID very seriously, as that is what they counseled early in the pandemic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    No need to debunk Dr. Prasad. This article, from a fellow medical doctor, lays it out quite nicely. I'd also pay attention to the comments. Many more medical professionals calling Prasad out there as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Well, even as a child, if I walked into your conversation, I’d be the smartest person in the room.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    And they did. Like we did.

There is a reason so few have taken the booster (not even 50% of people 65 and older have taken a booster). There is a reason so few kids have taken the shot. The idiots in public health with the msm did their best to coerce and bribe people to take the shots. Early on most medical professionals were supportive of the shots. But they saw the lunacy happening at the cdc. It really stinks the damage we have done to not only the people but to the medical profession. It really is criminal what some of the people did at the cdc and fda for that matter.

COVID Data Tracker

5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL!

Lynn Shaffer is not a medical doctor. You will get there one day. Using a non medical doctor from 2022 yet claiming they are a medical doctor…might explain why you have been so wrong. Good laugh though. Appreciate it!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    You've talked about damage from covid almost 200 times. We get it.

upload_2023-6-7_12-56-42.png
    upload_2023-6-7_12-54-17.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    She is an epidemiologist, and has a PhD, making her a Doctor. Epidemiologist are public health workers who look at disease and/or injury to find ways to reduce risk of negative outcomes, and increase the number of positive outcomes. When looking at public health and the risks due to a global pandemic caused by a virus, who would you think is more informed. A professional epidemiologist with a PhD in the subject? Or an oncologist, which deals with cancer on a day-to-day basis.

And did you read the comments? Many more healthcare professionals, including medical doctors, agreeing with the article, and lamenting that Prasad blocks anyone with dissenting opinions. Which isn't scientific.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    So the OP was right, she is not a MEDICAL doctor. It would have been easier to just agree. LMAO

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You said she was a “medical doctor”. That was done with intent. Not ignorance imo. You purposely tried to bolster a dissent by misrepresenting the author who is and was not trained in treating patients. But you have been so wrong…it is not surprising.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The crazy thing is that these people are so far gone from the propaganda…they can’t honestly look at the situation. When AZ said medical doctor I was intrigued to see who they were. Nope. Not a medical doctor. I wish they would take the time to listen to people like Prasad or Jay Bhattacharya. Many more. Some were far more right before others. But they are people who were willing to vocally stand against the censorship attempts.

Even I was surprised to find that less 50% (think is was 43.something percent) of those 65 and older had taken the booster. That is a telling stat. As by the time the booster was out…doctors on the front lines knew with seroprevalence and the risk profile of the disease that their patients did not need to take a booster. And the bivalent being tested on 8 mice of all things. But if you listened to the news/cdc/fda you would try think people would be fighting to get in line to take the dumb thing. Obviously as the ages get younger fewer and fewer took the booster. But a majority of the highest risk group could not be convinced in the need for a booster. That speaks volumes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. middleoftheroadgator

middleoftheroadgator All American

May 19, 2023
    My father passed away you insensitive *censored*. Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine. I don't have time for your religious nonsense and make believe facts that is 100% your opinion.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    My mistake. But it's a distinction without much a difference. Someone with a PhD in epidemiology may be a practicing physician if they do an internship, but most are not. Still, if you are looking for information about public health regarding the effects of a virus caused pandemic, who is the better resource? An epidemiologist with a PhD and years of experience? Or an oncologist?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Hold on … “the vast majority of medical professionals …” I would love to see your support for this. The vast majority of medical professionals that I know, and I know many, think the theory is poopycock, to put it nicely. Now, admittedly, the medical professionals I know do not get their medical training from YouTube clickbait’s, so my personal experienc3s are likely to be materially anomalous to yours.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I am sorry your father passed away. I have no idea why you even bring that up.

You come and call me a liar. Then try to play this crap. You are the insensitive bully. You just do not like that you were called out for lying about me. So yes. Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine. Make up what you want to believe. Because you clearly are brainwashed by the propaganda.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    You have to be a little *censored*, with all that whining. Maybe you need a time out

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Prasad's CV is quite impressive. He is a professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics as well as a practicing physician. With a Masters in Public Health. I think he has a pretty good understanding of things. And with that we would disagree on certain things.

Vinayak Prasad | UCSF Profiles

18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    It is not hard to see when you look at the numbers. Less than 50% of the highest risk group has even taken the booster. Medical professionals have for a long time seen that seroprevalence and the risk porfile of the disease makes the recommendations by the cdc stupid. It sucks when the people giving guidance have no clue what they are doing. And I am sure you have seen and heard the advertisements to go get your booster.

19. middleoftheroadgator

middleoftheroadgator All American

May 19, 2023
    I am taking ALL THE TRASH out today.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

@QGator2414 , Who/why are you still doing this, and why not in the Covid thread?

An overwhelming majority of doctors disagree. My dads cardio and lung doctors, both conservative Christians would be angry at your approach.

My father who we almost lost a few years ago because of a (genetic we now think) lung issue, is now dealing with really tough symptoms of long covid.

His entire team of doctors sincerely believes that I too would have lost my father had it not been for the medical response to covid. @middleoftheroadgator's pain while much worse than míne hasnt been unthinkably far from a reality for us too.

I believe you are sincere and mean well, but you have hand picked small sources of info that fit your belief.

Many folks...Most folks believe different. Doctors, public etc.

So again why? What is there to gain?

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1