Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Very few recruiting notes

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Notoriousgator, May 15, 2018.

1. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dionte Mark's just received an offer from Slick Willie. Since his commitment he's been Mr. Gator. I'm not sure of his interest in fsu if at all.

Emory Jones teammate recently offered by UF. Aaron Beasley 6'1" 210 Safety 3*. 602 nationally and 61 in georgia. We have many more, higher rated kids than this. Maybe they see something special in him. He has interest TENN, AUB and fsu.

Along with 5* Garrett Wilson OSU has 2 players that have made great leaps in the rankings due to recent camps. Safety Daxton hill is now a 5 star and Jeffrey Carter has jumped into the top 50. I think he's an OSU lean. (Possibly oregon)

Out of 9 commits OSU has 2 5*, 6 4* and 1 lowly 3*. Urbans on a roll.

According to 247 we lead for Avonte Williams a 6' 170 Safety out of Deland. Hes a 2020 kid and hasn't been ranked yet. Hes considering UF, Miami, Bama and others

Derek Stingley ran a 4.3 at the Dallas combine. Reports say he was extremely impressive. The report also says the competition he plays in high school is horrendous so it's been difficult to gauge his talent until recently. 100% lsu

Nathan Pickering Seminary (Miss.) High School – Pickering inched closer to five-star status with his performance in Dallas. Already a top 50 recruit, he jumped even higher and is probably a strong performance in pads at The Opening Finals away from his fifth star. Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Mississippi State and Ole Miss are all chasing. (I still contend that we have a shot here!)

Diwun Black - LB, Forest (Miss.) HS – An Ole Miss commit, Black was previously rated as an athlete who could project to a number of positions. We’ve moved him to inside linebacker which at 6-3.5 and 219 pounds is a great spot for him. He still moves like a safety at that size in coverage and he eats up ground accelerating to the football. He’s now ranked inside the Top100.

I'm hoping Mullens connection with him runs deep. Hes known him for a few years and this kid keeps impressing.

The Opening Dallas rankings update: Derek Stingley, Daxton Hill and Garrett Wilson earn five-star status

Uga leads the nation with almost a 96 average on 8 commits. We're right around 88.

Hard to Believe
    Nebraska is ranked 41
    USC 44 with 4 commits
    Penn St 45 with ONLY 3 commits
    UCF-National champs is 67 with ONLY 2 commits
    UCLA IS NOT RANKED in the top 100 in recruiting. My Big LOL of the day.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Thanks Notarious. Regarding your Hard to Believe:

It's far too Early to tell much, although I did mention Frost's non-spectacular recruiting so far earlier. If he were in Gainesville and doing as badly, many here would be calling for his immediate ouster: The Sky Is FALLING!!!.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Also on Notorious notes;

UF volleyball added 3 studs. 1 is a transfer from UNC AND...she's 6'7"!!!

HOLLY CARLTON
    6-7 | OPP / S | Sterling, Virginia | Potomac Falls High School | Club: Metro Volleyball Club of D.C.

ACCOLADES
    Led Tar Heels with 595 assists and 29 service aces

· Notched 10 double-doubles, including four triple-doubles

· Had double-digit kills in five matches, and double-digit digs in nine

· Also had a 10-block outing

· Redshirted as a freshman in 2016

· 2016-17 North Carolina Strength & Conditioning Most Improved Player

Carlton’s National Team and Prep Accolades

· 2017 USA Junior National Team – U20 Pan American Cup Gold Medalist

· 2017 USA Junior National Team – FIVB U20 World Championship (seventh place)

· 2015 PrepVolleyball.com No. 25 Senior Ace

· 2015 Volleyball Magazine Fab 50 Recruit

· 2015 Under Armour All-America Third Team

· 2015 MaxPreps All-America Second Team

· 2015 Virginia Gatorade Player of the Year

· Led Potomac Falls to their first and only regional championship and state finals appearance, tallying 669 assists, 368 kills, 63 blocks, 81 aces

PAULA CERAME
    DS / L | Fort Lauderdale, Florida | St. Thomas Aquinas High School | Club: Tribe Volleyball Club

Cerame’s High School Accolades

· 2017 Under Armour All-America Third Team

· 2017 PrepVolleyball.com Senior Ace “The 150”

· 2017 PrepVolleyball.com High School All-America Special Mention

· 2017 All-State First Team selection

· 2017 team captain

· 2016 State Champion (team)

· 2016 PrepVolleyball.com Defensive Dandies

RILEY FISCHER
    5-7 | DS / L | Kennesaw, Georgia | Harrison High School | Club: A5 Mizuno

Fischer’s High School Accolades

· 2018 VolleyballMag Top 50

· 2017 PrepVolleyball.com No. 95 Senior Ace

· 2017 PrepVolleyball.com Defensive Dandies

· 2016 PrepVolleyball.com Top 50 Juniors

· 2016 State Champion (team)

· 2016 All-State honoree

· 2015 All-County selection

Fischer’s Club Accolades

· 2-time PrepVolleyball.com Club All-America First Team (2016, 2017)

· 2016 AAU 16 Open National Champion (team) – MVP

· 2016 USA Volleyball 16 Open National Champion (team) – MVP

· 2015 PrepVolleyball.com Junior National All-Tournament Team

I just thought I'd include these women as their accomplishments are excellent and will only improve our VB program

Florida Gators volleyball add three players to 2018 class | GatorCountry.com

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    You're welcome. Even though it's early I was expecting Neb to do better than this. I know they've lost a few players but they've also gained a few. The small LB from Ole Miss, they had a D1 QB transfer there to become....a punter. Neb fans have to be questioning what's going on. They're getting destroyed by OSU, mich, wisky, MSU etc...

5. TEKgator22

TEKgator22 GC Legend

Nov 30, 2008
    VA
    You mention us and UGA, based on average grades and then the "Hard to Believe" based on what seems to be cumulative score. Not complaining, but I'm always kinda confused about this.....

Are the class rankings based on cumulative scores (e.g. 25 3 stars > 10 four stars) or are the class rankings based on the average number of points per recruit? I always thought it was the former, but just checking.

6. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Avg # of points per recruit. I pointed out ugas avg vs ours to show the disparity in quality thus far.

In the other area I was just pointing out their overall rank because those are some big time schools struggling to get commits.

I.e., PSU is ranked 45 or so and only have 2 commits. With their 2 commits they average somewhere near 90. So, great quality but horrible quantity. Hard to believe they only have 2 commits thus far and it's almost June

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  7. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe Frost would have been recruiting better here than at Nebraska. He's an "it" coach for now but went to the boonies. Good luck!

Aren't we as well at this point?

8. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Watch the video of tbe safety from emory jones school and any concern about "ranking" will disappear. Kid is a player

Avontae Williams is a top 100 ( maybe top 50) nationally type talent

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    To a certain extent yes. I pointed out those schools because they're in the Big10 and directly related to Neb..we have so much high-end quality leaning our way that I'm comfortable with the direction were headed. (Even tho I'd love for some of these kids to get the ball rolling for us) We're at 20 right now while averaging approximately 88 on our commits. Well close the gap between us and the top 10..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    That's great news regarding Williams. Hopefully he's serious about us. You have any info apkgator?

11. philobeddoe

philobeddoe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Is Derek Stingley the grandson of Darryl Stingley?

12. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida was named a finalist this week for 5-star cornerback Derek Stingley Jr.(Baton Rouge, Fla.), 4-star safety Cortez Andrews (Tallahassee) and 3-star CB Warren Burrell (Suwanee, Ga.). New Orleans cornerback Chester Kimbrough also told SEC Country that the Gators are still his leader and he plans to officially visit in December.

I think Chris Steele is set to announce July 7. He'll be hard to pry away from the Trojans but he loves our coaches.

Kimbrough will be a gator.

Stingley lsu

I'm not sure regarding the other 2.

Our DB recruits are ridiculous; some are more serious about UF tgan others.

Chester kimbrough DB out of Louisiana
    Kaiir Elam- Matt's nephew. Palm beach kid. 6'1" 182. Benjamin School.
    Josh Sanguitti university school. 6'8" wing span.
    Jaden Davis St Thomas stud
    Aaron Beasley Safety- Emory Jones former teammate. 6'1" 210
    Tyrique Stevenson former commit. Terrific athlete. May be hard to pull from miami.. homestead
    Brendan Gant (nolie)- decommit from Bama. Out of Lakeland. Considering UF but seems to be all nolie.
    Akheem Dent (nolie)- his brother is a POW at fsu according to one rival poster. Possibly the best CB in the country. Miami seems to have drawn even with fsu. Doesn't seem to be considering UF anymore. If he ever was.
    Briton Allen-IMG 5'11" 3* He's putting in work at camps to improve. Last seen ballin at Las Vegas Elite 11.
    Cortez Andrews- Bama leads. 6'2" 205 Tally godby
    Fred Davis Bama offered first. Feels comfortable w UF. Trinity Christian kid. 2020
    Derek Stingley- says good things about UF but it's widely believed he's a corndog. Ran 4.3 at camp
    #47 Safety- Trent Whittemore 6'3" 190 3* Bucholz

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Some rival info;

Lsu
    could get #1 5* Derek Stingley and #17 4* Devin Bush 5'11" 190 for their corners. Along with #15 4* Maurice Hampton 6' 195 out of Memphis. Theyre also in on #36 marcus banks out of houston. #23 Bobby Wolfe out of Houston.

Uga-#16 Jalen Perry 6'1" 188 4* out of Dacula, Ga.
    #38 Warren Burrell 6' 166 3* Suwanee, GA

FSU- #3 Akeem Dent 5'11" 176 5* Palm Beach Central
    #24 Travis Jay 6'1" 185 4* Madison County
    #34 Renardo Green 6' 170 Wekiva (Apopka)
    Safeties- #5 Brendan Grant 4* Lakeland
    #7 Nick Cross 6'1" 208 4* Dematha Catholic
    #15 Jalani Williams St Louis 6'2" 170 4*

AUB- 5* Andrew Booth 6'1" 188 Lawrenceville, Ga (may be a clemson lean)
    #20 Briton Allen IMG 5'11" 186 4*
    Safeties-
    #30 Anfernee Orji 6'1" 200 3* Rockwall, TX
    #44 Aaron Beasley 6'1" 210 3* Franklin, GA (Emorys former teammate)

"Info not 100% accurate. I.e. if 1 kid shows 100% to FSU but also list AUB I didn't include him on auburn list to reduce the amount of work and effort on my part." To be used as an educational cheat sheet.

14. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    Good info Note. I think Whittemore ends up at LB or at TE. He's a true "athlete". He won the G-Sun's Basketball Player of the Year this year! He's been listed at 190 for over a year now. I gotta believe he's over 200. And if he's truly 6'3, I imagine once he gets to UF he adds 25-40 pounds easy. Even though he's a lower ranked kid it's a great addition (local kid, legacy, his dad is his coach, potential to play a lot of positions).

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lol. Bring something to the board @jamesrb..which part do you have a problem with?

16. middleman

middleman VIP Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Do not believe that is correct about him being 100% to LSU.

17. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    That's cool. I enjoy hearing other opinions. Any particular reason you believe there's a chance he may go elsewhere?

18. zman-1

zman-1 Senior

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    Wanna15, what is the word on Hunter Rayburn? At 6'4" and 320lbs, he looks lean and mean in the sports section today. He could really be a beast for UF on the line. I am sure you, like I, would like to see a greater UF recruiting presence in this area.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007
    So it looks like Tyrique Stevenson stiffed us for this weekend and instead is visiting UGA.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    He turned down BBQ for uga? WTF is he thinking? He's a cane anyway. Just playing the game.