Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Vandy tix

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by ExSS99, Apr 2, 2021.

1. ExSS99

ExSS99 Freshman

Oct 21, 2015
    On a boat
    Hey guys just wondering how.... if possible to score some tickets for the vandy series? Waited to buy till today because I didn't think it would be sold out, didn't factor in the limited seating due to covid. Have a big group (11) that all wanted to come together. Might have to wait till next season, but thought I would post here as a hail Mary attempt. Any help or advice is appreciated. Go Gators!!

2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Well, next season will be in Nashville.

3. Their facility sucks. Holds less than 3k most of which is season ticket holders. Vandy fans suck too. Act like they're better than everyone else.

4. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    They have two and we have one.

We need to fix that.

But I get you.

Vandy alums come from money for the most part and think that makes them special. Being born on third base.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. neutrino_boi

neutrino_boi Freshman

Feb 1, 2020
    Seating for Ole Miss and Missouri (and some midweeks) went from 1700 to 3000. The capacity for Vanderbilt, the last midweek, and Georgia hasn't been determined yet. Though, I'm not sure what seating between 3000 and full would look like. Once the capacity is determined, presumably they'll give those of us who only got 1/3 of the season first crack, then other STHs, then everyone. If nothing else, secondary market will probably get cheaper with 1000+ new tickets in play.

6. Guessing you are referring to NC's.
    They should have six or seven given that they fully fund all their players.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  7. ExSS99

ExSS99 Freshman

Oct 21, 2015
    On a boat
    Thank you that's what I was wondering...I knew guidelines were changing meaning more seats available. Which secondary market vendor do you suggest...stubhub?

Lurk- I meant next season to see a game...opponent doesn't matter. Bringing some boys who have dreams of playing at Florida ball park someday, they just want to see it.

Thanks all, Go Gators!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. neutrino_boi

neutrino_boi Freshman

Feb 1, 2020
    I've never had any issues as buyer or seller (other than obnoxious fees) with the "official" one: Ticketmaster

9. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Got it.

I have tickets to the Vandy series. I am one of those one third of a season folks, but was able to score FSU tickets when they increased the number of seats. Kind of looking forward to seeing Leiter pitch in person, but also dreading it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ExSS99

ExSS99 Freshman

Oct 21, 2015
    On a boat
    Yeah he is something special for sure my son had the same feeling...looking forward to it but dreading at the same time.

11. ExSS99

ExSS99 Freshman

Oct 21, 2015
    On a boat
    Well got some good news today, a friend who is going with us scored berm tickets for our whole crew for Saturday and Sunday of the Vandy series...cant wait to check out the new ball park!! Thanks to those of you who took the time to reply to my post, now let's Go Gators!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. ExSS99

ExSS99 Freshman

Oct 21, 2015
    On a boat
    Hey guys hate to rehash this old thread, but wondering if tailgating is permitted? Also any advice for parking if we are looking to tailgate? Thanks all. Go Gators!!

13. Gatorgal04

Gatorgal04 Lowly Fan Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    As far as I’ve heard, tailgating is not permitted on UF property. You’ll have to find someplace not on campus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ExSS99

ExSS99 Freshman

Oct 21, 2015
    On a boat
    Bummer, ok gal. Is that a covid thing or a new ballpark and or campus rule?

15. hogtowngator

hogtowngator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I bought 4 for Sunday as I’ll be there for my son’s graduation and had to get them from an online broker.

16. macbgator

macbgator Premium Member

Is there a possibility that fan limits will be increased??

17. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 Senior

May 9, 2015
    Ex;

I can't speak regarding the baseball parking lot, but my wife and I have tailgated before two Gator softball games this year and nobody has bothered us. We park in the really "slim" lot next to the Lacrosse fields. TIFWIW.

• Like Like x 2
  18. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Just be smart about it. If it looks like this, it might draw some unwanted attention:

[​IMG]

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I would seek out the parking area behind the lacrosse/soccer stadium known as Steinmetz Hall. Parking is probably prohibited during the week but after hours and weekends should not be a problem. I have never parked there but after a few weekend games I have seen RVs and other groups coming and going from there. There is plenty of trees and it's a little off the beaten path but still very close to the ballpark stadium. If they allow (leave you alone) to "picnic" in an open environment I have no idea either if that is permitted. But if you want to open up the back gate and grab a snack before you go in and listen to the radio I don't see why you would be bothered if you keep it on the lowdown. But I'm sure setting up grills and tables with coolers and lounge chairs around a TV will get you unwanted attention. Most games have a campus police officer outside the main gates so don't draw a crowd.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    “Picnic”—I like that @Matherly87....N E V E R heard it called that before...;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1