Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

vaccination

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by missourigator, Jul 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 31g8r

31g8r GC Legend

Oct 20, 2013
    Agree and wouldn’t be surprised to find out Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky weren’t destinations for these relocated. The gulf coast is exploding with cases and these are related to vacation travel from outside the gulf states more than likely. Isn’t it. Nice for visitors to leave a gift.

2. 31g8r

31g8r GC Legend

Oct 20, 2013
    There is policy’s and practice and rarely do the two cross paths.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I don’t even want to think about that freaking self-inflicted disaster. They should all be relocated to DC

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    https://apnews.com/article/9598f7ad95967e4d6f507d526dce0c68

and

Did Sweden's coronavirus strategy succeed or fail?

Sweden is not doing that hot. The same voluntary strategy has zero chance of working in the US, even if it did work.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  5. gatorgeezer

gatorgeezer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    if this holds, expect cancellations, the unknown is how many

6. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Strongly believed that one's blood type plays significant part in their resistance.

7. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    I didn't say Sweden was doing hot, only said they had lower death rate than other European's who locked down. Everything cycles is my point, doesn't matter too much what you do unless you completely shutdown, like Taiwan did. But even in Taiwan there was a huge surge in cases quite suddenly. This virus is extremely difficult to contain

8. nawlinsgator

Apr 11, 2007
    Quoted from the article
    Above:
    “According to the national health agency, Sweden, a nation of 10.2 million people, has seen 4,542 deaths linked to COVID-19, which is far more than its Nordic neighbors and one of the highest per capita death rates in the world.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Damn the Torpedoes! Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    I had the covid last summer. I am blood type A and it was pretty rough, but I was not hospitalized. I came out of it ok. I went ahead and got the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine four months ago and then suffered a stroke 11 days later. I did not get, nor will I get, the second shot. Still suffering from stroke symptoms and do not want to have another. It may have been coincidence, but I am not taking any chances. YMMV.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yikes! So sorry to hear that Navy. Scary - does your doctor think the stroke was vaccine related? Wishing you a full recovery man

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigkid12

bigkid12 All American

Sep 18, 2007
    Your article is a year old. Sweden is averaging 0-1 death per day currently.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. GatorNavy

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    I suffered a vestibular stroke which was caused by a blood clot and not plaque related. The neurologist was very interested that the stroke occurred soon after receiving the vaccination, but could not say it was the cause. This kind of stroke is not common (has an 85% mortality rate) and did not match the online stoke tests. By the time I got to the hospital it was too late to intervene, so now I am in the slow lane waiting for my body to grow new blood vessels to the area of the brain affected by the lack of blood supply. Taking it day by day.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. 1oldgator

1oldgator GC Legend

Sep 14, 2014
    Part of the problem with numbers of cases is they used/are using a test that can not distinguish between covid and the flu, last years flu season was practically nonexistent, the CDC has informed hospitals of an upcoming change in testing in December.
    Lab Alert: Changes to CDC RT-PCR for SARS-CoV-2 Testing

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I don't quite understand why you would need to take the vaccine after having the disease?

15. bigkid12

bigkid12 All American

Sep 18, 2007
    It doesn't make sense. But a lot of stuff that's happened over the last year and a half doesn't make sense either, so its par for the course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. nawlinsgator

Apr 11, 2007
    And how is that per capita compared to the rest of Europe currently.
    It’s down from its peak everywhere. The point is that folks always point to Sweden as some kind of success story to support less regulation. The truth is that they had a fair share of regulation and their success wasn’t even that great.

17. GatorNavy

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    It was recommended to me by a health care professional. At the time I got the vaccine, there was little known about natural immunity. I recall them saying at one point that immunity lasted only 3 months. Covid knowledge was ever involving to the point we are today.

I heard them say that covid survivors didn't need the second shot. Then I recently heard them say that natural immunity is actually long lasting. Then I heard them say that yearly booster shots may be needed. My opinion is they simply do not know a whole lot yet.

I will say that if I had to do it over again, I would not have gotten the vaccine.

18. bigkid12

bigkid12 All American

Sep 18, 2007
    Sweden fared better than most. That number gets better every day as they have 0-1 deaths and other European nations add more daily.

19. bigkid12

bigkid12 All American

Sep 18, 2007
    They tried to scare everybody with the "you won't have antibodies after 6 months" line. Just like they used the asymptomatic spread lie to freak everyone out. It's been an embarrassment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to you. I think you hit the nail on the head when you concluded that not enough is yet known about it by the medical and scientific community. The public is getting lots of conflicting information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.