Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

vaccination

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by missourigator, Jul 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Getting this back to sports, here is the real life consequences of not getting your shot.
    Look no further than the College World Series with NC State having to forfeit the game with Vandy. They had the talent to beat Vandy but we will never know.
    People claim Vandy shouldn't have been in the championship but guess what, it is NC State's own damn fault.
    Get your team vaccinated and then drop all the testing. Because guess what, IF you are vaxed AND you get the virus, chances are symptoms will be so mild you may not know you have it so without testing you could get it and shed it without knowing. Play your games, keep the team eligible and move on.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    Yet they are still gonna test. Players will still be positive after vaccinations. Games will probably still be forfeited.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. 1oldgator

1oldgator GC Legend

Sep 14, 2014
    Not the way it works, they will still check temps every time they travel, if you pop a temp they will test you, hell they may still be checking temps daily.

4. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    The focus on vaccinated v. unvaccinated makes no logical sense? I have to disagree with you there, but won't bacon strips you ... right now there is a pandemic of the unvaccinated.
    Hi oldgator,

I was responding to an earlier post asking what do positive covid test do.

Right now 90% plus of covid cases are ppl not vaccinated.

You pose a good question-lets say 85% of players are vaccinated but hypothetically 10 test positive within that group? What happens?

Im not sure if the SEC has addressed it but CDC does say quarantine.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    LA Metro area
    In general I completely agree, but if you want to sign up for a contact sport, I think asking the question is perfectly legit. Just like the military would probably like to know I have hemophilia if I tried to enlist.

I’d think peer pressure from teammates would push most teams over the 85% threshold, but maybe not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    As stated previously, it’s nobody’s business to know my history.

• Like Like x 1
  7. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    do you think that as a society we owe each other the respect to join together and use vaccines to eliminate deadly infectious diseases such as polio, smallpox, and covid?

How is covid any different than polio and smallpox?

8. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    I’m not saying it is or isn’t. I’m just saying I can get a vaccine and it still be nobody’s business nor right to ask me if I have been.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Yea, i think as a player I would be pi$$ed if my team had to forfeit a game because an unvaccinated player got covid. If a vaccinated player got covid, at least he followed protocols and did all he could to avoid the virus.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    ever travel overseas? you have to get specific vaccines for some countries and document your records to get admitted. I get it that overseas travel is not required but vaccination records for kids to attend school are

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    I understand what you are saying, you are failing to understand what I am saying. And yes I have

12. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    Cmon, why can someone not ask you if you had a vaccination? What's the reasoning for your secrecy?

13. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Its my right to ASK. it may be inappropriately posed, and its your right to day nunya

nunya damn business ;)

anyone asks me I tell him/her

what makes this country great

14. kes

kes GC Legend

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Japan may cancel Olympics. Crazy.

15. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    Do you ask people if they’ve gotten their flu, small pox, anthrax, or any other vaccine? Before you reply, it’s a rhetorical question and I’m done talking about it before it gets moved. We’ve gone off topic enough and the point I was originally making is the one I’m more concerned about. Why are we strictly concerned about Vaccine % I’ve immunity %.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Okay chief.

17. G8R92

G8R92 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 5, 2010
    They might test positive but the vast majority of those vaccinated are not going to get very sick from it or sick at all. I'm sure NC State baseball is glad they stuck to their guns.

18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

As a conservative I am inclined to agree with you philosophically, but......

If people took this position 60 years ago we’d still have masses of people dying of smallpox and polio. With a widespread epidemic you sometimes have to compromise for the greater good.

EDIT: I see that somebody already brought up this example. I totally embrace the inherent resistance to big government dictating to me how I should live my individual life, but this issue impacts the whole of our society.

My chief resistance to forcing vaccinations is that the drugs still have yet to be fully vetted. Can anybody speak knowledgeably about the impact of the Moderna vaccine on birth defects? Of course not. But in the case of sports, it probably should be a rigid requirement- if you want to participate then get the vaccine. Same with going on a cruise ship - it’s a choice you gotta make.

Complicated topic with no easy answers

As a former boss of mine once advised me, don’t die on small crosses

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Allow me to clarify....I said it wasn't logical in the sense that players that have had the disease (and many have been reported as such) seemingly aren't being counted in the % and they have at least the same immunity as you or me (assuming that you have been vaccinated).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Most, if not all, school districts have exemptions for religious or other valid medical reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.