Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

vaccination

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by missourigator, Jul 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Do you suggest forcing kids to take it or kick them off the team? They have a mind of their own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bazza

Bazza Premium Member

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Slip it in with their steroids........they'll never know the difference! :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    And here we go…lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Hopefully we're one of the teams at 80% and if not, hopefully we become one of them - and fast. Last year things were a mess and things were changing constantly. But this year we've had plenty of time to fix this issue, we don't need it to be a distraction or a hindrance once the season starts.

Ironically the ones who complain about TH the most are always the ones who can't help themselves and end up getting threads sent there

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. unclerob

unclerob Junior

Aug 14, 2015
    Just to throw a monkey wrench in; I tested positive 3 times in two weeks with symptoms. Since then I have donated blood multiple times and have not shown antibodies.

• Informative Informative x 5
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Thats not correct.

Currently, it is unknown if recovered adults are definitively immune to SARS-CoV-2 reinfection because biologic markers of immunity have not been correlated with protection from infection. However, available evidence suggests that most recovered adults would have a degree of immunity for at least 90 days following initial diagnosis of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19.Mar 16, 2021

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Interesting anecdotal story....years ago when I went to work for Shands Hospital they wanted my vaccine record. I didn't have it, so they titered my blood to see what immunity I had. Lo and behold, I came back with no immunity to the Mumps so I had to have the MMR booster to work there. Weirdest thing was that I was actually diagnosed as having the Mumps as a kid before the MMR existed. I recall it like the day it happened because I was forced to miss Trick-or-Treating and was out of school for 3 weeks. Apparently I had something else that resembled Mumps....maybe Mono.

It would be quite simple to titer the unvaccinated athletes and determine if they did or did not have immunity and have them count toward the 85%. The focus on vaccinated v. unvaccinated makes no logical sense.

• Like Like x 4
  9. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    Pot, meet kettle

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  10. insuragator

insuragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't know about that. My wife says I whine like a little baby whenever I get sick :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. hogtowngator

hogtowngator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m not smart enough to comment in detail but I believe there is evidence that having COVID at one point and no evidence of antibodies does not mean you aren’t immune. Something about T Cells and immune system responses even after antibodies are gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. 1oldgator

1oldgator GC Legend

Sep 14, 2014
    Honestly have no clue what your trying to say but I will try to make this simpler, we already have evidence of the virus being spread among groups of vaccinated individuals, if we have someone show up positive, will the SEC/NCAA or any other powers that be, continue with no testing because of 80% vaccination rate or will all that get thrown out the window and were right back to where we started, looking at current evidence this will happen to one or more teams.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    A friend of my wife didn't believe in masks or social distancing or vaccinations and now she has covid. Her father and another friend also didn't believe in masks or distancing, but did get vaccinated, but both now have covid, although neither a particularly sick.

My wife's friend was mad at me for months when I asked where her mask was when she was about to enter our house. She turned in a huff and didn't talk to me for months. At least she didn't come in without a mask.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    I'm not sure how the message is intended, but vaccinated athletes still test positive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Bama has already exceeded 85%. Unvaccinated players are not allowed to train or practice with the team. Leadership matters

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    You need to diversify your source of reading material. With a virus 18 months old there is no way that anybody can claim immunity can last a lifetime unless they have very short lives

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Did you ever get any vaccines?

If people acted this way in previous generations polio and smallpox would still be killing people

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Did you inform them you had previously tested positive for covid multiple times when you donated blood? And they still took your donation?

What type of test for covid was used?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  19. kes

kes GC Legend

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Well, there’s that…! Lol.

I should have said what is the difference between getting vax or getting Covid? Why force vax if proven positive antibodies? Been discussed but that was my point.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

EVERY wife says that. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.