Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Using the word "Oligarch" is an act of hate now - Bloomberg campaign...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Feb 24, 2020.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013

Bloomberg campaign...

[​IMG]

I am starting to think Bloomberg has no clue how to compete in a democrat primary if he is sending things like this out now after getting destroyed in the last debate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

'Look how much people hate me' seems like a bold election strategy. Lets see how it pays off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    It won't. He's a joke. Only other candidate besides Bernie with a prayer is Biden, because he could easily pull out wins in GA, SC and FL. Which is something he's never done before, btw. This Dem field outside Bernie is a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    He is (apparently) complaining about an actual act of vandalism though, not just the use of the word.

Sanders has some Trump level stupid supporters, so there is likely some validity to Bloomberg's complaint...I.e. that there is a direct link between words and actions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

They seem to be complaining more about the language though, probably because its an accurate description of what Bloomberg is. They want to pretend like its some kind of slur lol. He's doing identity politics for oligarchs lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    With you non-Bernie Bros leftists talking about them like that I have no doubt Milwaukee is going to be burning some if Bernie isn't the nominee.

7. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Bernie’s rhetoric is so amped up that it’s inspiring dumb actors. He has gone the lazy route of demonizing. Worked for Trump so he thinks it will work for him.

8. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    It's going to be great watching Democrats tear into Bernie for the next few weeks. But seriously, anyone with a level head knows all the campaigns have their nutjob admirers and it stands to reason Bernie is going to have more considering he's outpolling the others 2-to-1, 3-to-1 or more.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1