Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) USA Softball International Cup

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by scrappygator, Jul 2, 2019.

1. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    These have been great posts -- thanks

I was thinking that was probably why you got booted when you started the story. I traveled to the LSU series and most of their fans seem to think he's an embarrassment to their program, although some like him. I was told that some have turned in their season tickets since LSU has done little to control him, although allegedly there is a rule that his butt has to be in contact with the seat until the ball leaves the pitcher's hand (sorta like he's stealing a base).

Didn't know what it was called. CTW mentioned it on the KSP tour and said it is extremely expensive.

LOL -- seems like you ran into a lot of people and got some good stories from this trip.

• Like Like x 1
  2. scrappygator

scrappygator Moderator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I don't know Pat and Lynn. I was on Row 8. in 104, which is the back row. Look forward to meeting you. I was on the KSP tour also and talked with John.

3. scrappygator

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Here is something I learned last night from an impeccable source. We had a big time transfer wanting to come to Florida, but we didn't have enough scholarship amount left for what she needed. She was only going to get a small amount of academic aid, so she wound up going some place else. They told me they would tell me who it was when they could.

Also, found out that when a player enters the Transfer Portal, they sign an agreement that gives up whatever portion of scholarship they had. Very interesting stuff, at least to me.

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Pat and Lynn have the first two seats in row 8 in section 104 to our right.(looking toward the field) Aisle seats.

• Like Like x 1
  5. scrappygator

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Ok, I know you are talking about. I just didn't know their names.

I always kid them about synchronizing getting up when someone wants by.

6. scrappygator

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Today, I went to the 3rd Place game of the U-19 vs Scrapyard Fast Pitch. As I mentioned previously, we smoked them 8-0 in five. This game was on a field outside the main stadium, because they had announced the Championship game to start at noon, but it did not start until 1 pm. Sandman 70 and I did not see each other at the U-19 game, and he told me later that CTW came up behind him, and asked him how he was doing, and thanked him again for coming. I wound up sitting with Larry, who knows all the players. Charla's paternal grandparents were sitting behind us and her dad was in a chair to the left of us. Really, really nice people. I asked the grandfather where they lived, and he said about half way between Newnan and another town I forget. I asked him if that was just another way of saying he lived in the country? He and she burst out laughing, and said that is right. Come to find out, Mr. Echols, junior is a very successful travel ball coach, and he is the one who taught Ebonee, Charla, and their other sister to play. The oldest sister plays DII softball.
    So Sandy goes over to the stadium before this game is over, and then I go to find him after the game. So, guess who was sitting behind us-Kirsti Merritt's husband, Kevin. Really nice guy! He has some guns on him like his father-in-law. I asked him if he knew Aubree's husband, and he said he did. I had forgotten, but Aubree and Kirsti were roommates. Aubree's husband is Gordon Watson, who played tennis at UF, and graduated in 2016. His senior year, he was an All-American in doubles; first team All-SEC; and SEC Tournament MVP.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. scrappygator

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    I used to sit with Kevin at Gator games when he was Kirstie's boyfriend. He really is a nice guy. I believe he played football at Stetson if I remember correctly. I answered a question on Twitter earlier today to pick my favorite player on the USA team. I answered Aubree Munro, and shortly thereafter I got a Thank you and a 'like' from Aubree Munro Watson. They really do appreciate their fans.

• Like Like x 3
  9. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    That is interesting. Do they give up the scholarship whether they are signed off the portal or not? In other words, if they don't get decent offers and decide to stay with their current school, is their scholarship still gone?

Pat does the best cheering in all of KSP. :) They are both great folks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. scrappygator

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

11. scrappygator

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    From what my source said, they inferred that.

12. scrappygator

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    USA U-19 Women's National Team Victory Over Rock Gold

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1