Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Updated: Trask Named Finalist.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Dec 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EbSaxman

EbSaxman VIP Member

Apr 14, 2007
    As much as I dislike Alabama fans, I just can’t agree with the premise behind this ... that Saban was overlooking Trask. He also didn’t shill for Jones post game. Saban is in many ways the ideal coach. Runs a tight program, all about team, will bench a selfish player (shoe toss cough), etc.

The bad about all of this is that the BCS and now Playoff system is designed to concentrate championships in an elite group of now four or five teams. All the recruits know this and flock to Bama, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Clemson. Giving the Hiesman to a player with an NFL line and lottery pick running back over a player outside the ‘elite four’ with superior numbers simply makes the problem worse. The pitch to the top QB prospect now is ‘If you want to win the Heisman you have to go with the team set up to make the ‘playoff’ every season if you want a trophy. Just look at Trask - record setting numbers but no Heisman.’ It’s just another way to stack the deck. They are destroying college football.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Seriously. Anyone outside of the SEC should be out. Fields played 6 cupcakes. Trevor, played 8.

This should be Trask vs Jones...and then it's a pretty easy call.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    If that’s what is, and it should be, it was just 2 weeks ago, Kyle will win it. Unfortunately, it mucked the whole thing up for Kyle when the media narrative jammed the other 2 Bama players into the equation. Smith is now their new darling. I think many of them will have the 3 gumps 1-2-3 and leave Kyle off their ballot.......desperately hope I’m wrong though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    With the exception of your first sentence, I totally agree with your post. Merry Christmas and go Gators.

5. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    Has ESPN started one of their social experiments to see if they can control the outcome of the Heisman race? They already got Ohio State, with its whopping 6 games, into the playoffs through their subliminal Vulcan mind control techniques. Kirk Herbstreit make s Spock look like a clown hired to play at an 8 year old's birthday party. My guess is they push for someone other than Kyle to win, if they haven't already. I don't know, because watching ESPN makes me even dumber than what I already am and I can't afford to lose any more brain cells. After all, contrary to what we've been told our whole lives, football is not a team game and there are many "I's" in tiem.

6. FLIPCUP

FLIPCUP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Votes are in. Deadline was 12/21.

7. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If Pitts didn't get hurt in the Georgia game and had those 3 games worth of stats, you could make a good case for it, but Smith doubled every stat there is for a receiver and that was after Waddle went down. Could Pitts have done all that if he was the only target? What some don't remember is LSU last year. Take what Pitts did and triple it and that was LSU's top receiver last year and he wasn't even in the Heisman voting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

• Like Like x 1
  10. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Legend

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow. Jones got 1st team even though Trask had better numbers.

11. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 18, 2015
    We live in a world where facts and data no longer matter.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Isn't that absurd? And Jones' lesser numbers happened with NFL talent 3-deep all around him and in front of him. They should just call it the "3rd best college football player on a national championship team award" from now on and quit BS'ing everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    Even if true, everyone knows Saban. If he gave him no credit and overlooked him, it is his way of exactly giving him credit and looking only at him.

14. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jones got it because he beat Trask head-to-head when it counted. Everyone knew going into that game the one who did the best would get the bulk of the trophies. Trask did well, but he had turnovers that Mac didn't have. And Trask had 2 TD passes to Mac's 5, 6, 7, 8? He had so many, I stopped counting. He also didn't just target his favorite receiver either. Harris had the bulk of the TD passes and I might be wrong but Harris came in without a single TD reception all season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  15. Gatorallstar1012

Gatorallstar1012 All American

Oct 31, 2011
    Harris didn’t have a receiving td but he is more than capable as a receiver pretty surprising stat though.

16. USAFColonel

USAFColonel GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Southwestern Illinois
    I get what you are saying, but they didn't go head-to-head. It was Jones versus the Gator defense and Trask versus the Bama defense. But again, I get it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. DecaturGator97

DecaturGator97 Freshman

Apr 3, 2007
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    i found this highlight video for Mac Jones (must thru mid-season). Most of his throws are to WRs running 5 yards wide open. rarely is he under pressure. There is no comparison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Hall of Fame

May 30, 2007
    They will give it Golden Boy Trevor, which Bama will beat much worse than Florida.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Trask had 3 TD passes and one rushing. Jones threw five TDs, so you could have stopped counting there. Kyle threw no interceptions in the game, Jones threw one. Trask had 408 yards and Jones had 418, so, that's a virtual wash. The only area that was lost head-to head was the outcome, and, that's not on Kyle; he put up 46 points against a much better defense than Jones put up 52 against without the aid of a running game. Kyle deserves the award, but, won't get it because there is an unwritten rule about team wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 GC Legend

Dec 15, 2013
    SC
    I don't get the dislike for Lawrence. He is really good and would move the ball easy on most SEC Ds. With few exceptions, the SEC has been all offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.