Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Updated: Trask Named Finalist.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Dec 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GratorGator

GratorGator GC Legend

Nov 14, 2015
    This

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. blueridgegator

blueridgegator Sophomore

Apr 9, 2020
    The most important considerations, other than the relevant statistics (which in my opinion make Trask the better candidate) are the better offensive line of Alabama and their above average running attack whereas the running game of Florida is virtually nonexistant. That the opponent's defense does not have to account for a running game makes Trask's superior stats way more impressive. As to value to the team, see chemgators excellent analysis above, which further supports Trask's credentials.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    Kyle does deserve it and anyone with a working mind and eyes should see that. Kyle has not only played well against awesome competition all year, he had great games against Alabama, Georgia and Arkansas. He had a career in those games. Most importantly, he did it against Bama. What Mac did against is no different than other QBs who weren’t even recruited by Bama. Accomplishing what he did v. Bama is a hell of a lot more impressive than what Mac did against a D that gives up close to 500 yards per game. This team stuff and the fact Bama won, and therefore Mac should win it, is BS. It is NOT a team trophy. I don’t care how the voters have traditionally screwed that up over the years. A bad tradition in this instance would be unjust.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. iam4uf

iam4uf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Gainesville
    If not for the LSU game, Trask would win it. He had a huge lead (as far as the odds makers were concerned) prior to that game but fell behind Jones after it. Maybe Trask will get some benefit from his lack of support from a running game/defense as well as his story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Well, like you said they're idiots. Just like almost all mediots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

LSU is the problem. 3 turnovers in that game and the L (for which he is only partly responsible).

On stats alone, he deserves it. On his importance to his team, he deserves it. But I don’t think he gets it and it will be solely because of the LSU game in my opinion.

Jones did nothing that same day (208 Yds and no TDs against Arky) but he didn’t have 3 turnovers including a Pick 6 and have his team lose. Sad but true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Trask had 4,125 yards passing
    Jones had 3,739 yards passing
    Trask - 43 TDs
    Jones - 32 TDs
    Trask - 5 INT
    Jones - 4 INT

All that behind an NFL line in Jones' case.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    When asked last night about Kyle Trask, Saban quickly diverted to discussing "number 1 and number 84." He clearly did not want to give Trask any credit so as to strengthen the false narrative that Jones was somehow better. Trask is by far the better QB.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    Can't say enough good things about Mr. Kyle Trask. That young man has the heart of a lion. I would want him on my team ANY day of his playing career, from start to finish. Love everything about his leadership, not a brash guy, very humble but below the skin he is the ultimate warrior. Two episodes really stand out for me. When the Texas A&M kicker made the field goal in the closing seconds, Trask was on the sideline and threw his headset down. (With authority) I loved it! And last night, during the onside kick, he was yelling for the guys to "Strip the f*$%#(! ball!"..... Never give up. Maybe I'm old school, but that's the guy I want leading my team. Billy Donovan had a great saying to the Gator Basketball team, "You gotta hate losing more than you love winning." Trask is GREAT! I wish him so much success as anyone can get in his sport. Truly an amazing young man and so glad he was/is a GATOR! :)

GO GATORS!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 18, 2015
    Trask will have the last laugh when his NFL career dwarfs Jones’ and lasts longer than Harris’

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Mullen definitely had lightning in the bottle with the Kyles and Toney. Even with a couple misses he is unbelievable! If only my tig welding dropped dimes like Trask!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I noticed that. But also when asked what can you say about Jones he responded by saying something about his whole team. Seems he didn’t want to talk about any Heisman candidates. I’m sure he wants a Bamer to win it.

What bothered me more was Tim Tebow gushing over Jones and Smith and not once mentioning Trask.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    Trask had little run game to speak of and had to consistently overcome a weak, weak, weak offensive line all season, and he still put up phenomenal numbers. Anyone who thinks that wasn't tougher than all of the other Heisman QB contenders had to deal with put together, just doesn't want to believe it. Too bad Trask didn't have 3 minutes after Bama's last possession.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Why would any coach anywhere lobby for someone other than his own player, for a dozen reasons? Of course he isn't going to hype Trask. And if Mullen were to come out and say Harris is a grown ass man making opponents pretend to be out of position to avoid an unpleasant meeting, and should be named the HT winner, I'd be disgusted with Mullen.

15. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Jones isn't even the best player on his own team, I can't see him getting over Trask.

16. RipCurl

RipCurl Junior

Apr 7, 2010
    Lol at Lawerence and pretty much the entire Alabama offense now being leading heisman candidates. 40 passing TD’s in 10 SEC games and barely being recognized, what a joke.

17. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    We forget sometimes how much football is a team game.
    A great RB still needs a decent enough OL to look good.
    That same RB benefits from a strong passing game to take the pressure off and prevent teams from loading the box.
    And that's true for the whole offense.
    The Bama 3-headed monster are all great individually- no doubt. But they make each other better. (Like PH made TT look better.)

But who makes KT look good?
    A fantastic RB? Nope.
    A bunch of road-graders on the OL? LOL at the thought.

Now- KT had some good playmakers at WR and TE, but still- he had to get them the ball.

So for that reason, to me, KT is easily the #1 pick.
    He won't win it thanks to the LSU loss, but he deserves it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Didn't say he should hype him. I said he completely diverted the question and gave a lame non-answer.

19. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Without Trask, we are a 5 loss team with no running game and a horrific D. Teams know we have to pass and yet he connects. Bama was limiting offenses and yet Trask lit them up. If you ask me, Trask is the best pure passer we've had at uf, and his story is what movies are made of. It's a shame our D let him down. Imagine the stats he could have had if the D would have made stops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gatorphil74

gatorphil74 Freshman

Jun 4, 2016
    I was lucky enough to see 3 Gator games in person this year. Arkansas, LSU and the SECCG. Trask's game against Arkansas was a thing of beauty to watch. LSU with all it's craziness with the fog, miscues, tremendous effort by LSU and their freshman QB, Trask still got our team into a position to tie it up with 23 seconds left. And the SECCG, just when you thought our Gators were out of it at half time and then later early in the 4th quarter, just made all of us proud to be a Gator that Trask was our quarterback! No quit in the team under Trask's leadership. They kept fightin'. Just needed a little more time on the clock to knock off Alabama. I truly believe if we had an extra minute, Trask would have worked us down the field for a victory. All in all, I'm all in for Trask for the Heisman with all that has been enumerated in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.