Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Updated Averages

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by Uf_1993, Apr 23, 2019.

1. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    ^^^^

Any game our guys pitch we will fare better—

Any game our guys throw it will continue to be ugly—

2. avogator

avogator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Speaking of updated averages How about Tim Tebow after struggling at .160 Tim has gone 10/28 and is at .214. Keep an eye on him

• Like Like x 2
  3. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Tracking him in the Former GATORS thread:

Game Logs - Tebow

.164 BA, .246 OBP, .218 SLG after today's 0-5 game

I don't care where he ends up, he's already impressed me making it as far as he has. I still hope for more for him because he's the kind of guy you know is going to work as much as possible to make it happen, but most didn't think he'd make it this far, so kudos to him!

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  4. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    I wish him nothing but the best. He would be a terrific story. Comparing him to Alonso just shows the gap in a career elite hitter and an athlete trying to hit. Tebow in HS would destroy a pitcher like me. Tebow in AAA isn’t facing me. He had a great end of the year last year in AA and he probably deserves a shot at AAA now but he likely belongs in AA until he gets hot again imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Is 8 HR and barely over .300 good for a new guy in MLB in April!?

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

6. spikesnlaces

spikesnlaces Freshman

Feb 10, 2017
    Would be shocked if Fabian comes out. I’ve said before , Sully promised full time all the time to get him to leave HS early .

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

It’ll do.....;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. ufgrad97

ufgrad97 Freshman

Apr 2, 2019
    I have seen this a few times on this board. Even if this true(which I doubt), this does not need to be posted on these boards. If we have recruits reading on here how Sully has guaranteed playing time to someone who should still be in high school, there is no telling what other recruits may start demanding! Playing time is earned not given! I can't believe this has happened to the University of Florida!! We are giving in to recruits demands before they ever step foot on campus? What's next, is Mullen going to give the next hotshot QB the starting job before he ever hits campus? And let him keep the job no matter how he plays?

Not only is that bad for recruits to read, but what about the players that have been giving their all to the program for 3 or 4 years? Even though Fabian has the lowest average BA over the SEC season he will continue to play? What if he bats .070 instead of .170? He still plays? If this is truly what our program has become, it makes more since to me why we are not having the season we had hoped.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1