Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

UPDATE: Police said he died in a car crash... FINALLY ... charges files against officers

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, May 20, 2021.

1. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    As a lawyer, I'd say that I would need to have more evidence before I could make the call. I'm also not sure what lawyer you're discussing. The AP video I saw had a use-of-force expert, not a lawyer. And that gentleman was formerly a police chief in Florida.

2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    upload_2021-5-22_23-58-41.png

I know he was in a car crash, but His face doesn't match the level of damage to his car. It was such a minor crash, his airbags didn't even go off, no windows were shattered. For those saying he wasn't beaten, how did his face get like this? Why is an officer on video saying he "beat the living f out of him"?

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ahhh, I think I figured out the malfunction. You may be surprised to learn Judge Dredd was not a documentary or training film.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Here is a story from about a year ago on Trooper Hollingsworth and how he died. He learned he was going to be fired over his handling of this arrest. He died in a single car accident within hours of being notified. Probably off’ed himself rather than face the Consequences of his actions, is my guess.

Trooper who faced firing in Black man's death dies in crash

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. snatchmagnet

snatchmagnet Bring On The Bacon Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    If nothing else you’re persistent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I dont know why you're such a miserable person but I feel sorry for you and hope things turn around. God bless and I will keep you in my prayers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I am not a miserable person. Just the only person here who see's this for what it really is. Another attempt by the MSM and their sheeple to make the Police the bad guys and an attempt by lawyers and the family of thugs to collect huge sums of money while all the time pretending to be crusaders against the evil LEOs.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. snatchmagnet

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    After wasting 45 minutes of my life watching that body cam, a couple things stood out. “Put your hands behind your back” and “I’m scared”
    I’m not dumb enough lead the police on a chase, but I’m definitely smart enough to, when caught, do wtf they ask me to do.
    What person, not looking to sue, says aloud that they are scared. Lol

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Wait? How is a dead guy going to put his hands behind his back? I'm beginning to think the might not have died on impact as the cops tried to claim. What are your thoughts on this?

10. snatchmagnet

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    I didn’t realize dead guys could say ”I’m scared”. That’s some creepy stuff. Maybe a ghost ?
    Did you actually watch the video?

11. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    I'm not so sure the "Died on impact" claim came from the cops. If I am not mistaken the original news stories at the time it happened the cops simply said he died of injuries from the accident. I think the claim that the cops said he "died on impact" was simply fabricated. Like I said take the time to watch the entire video then tell me where he was beaten outside of the few minutes he was being subdued and even then he was not beaten.

It also appears to me that one of the points you guys and the MSM reporters are high on is the officer turning off the sound on his body cam. Things were very calm and quiet when he turned off the sound. The video stayed on, I believe it when the officer said the cam was making a beeping sound so he turned off the sound. Watch it around the time the sound is turned off. There is nothing going on to hide there.

Until proven wrong I will stand by everything I have said in this thread. Maybe I was a little harsh about the deserves to be beat comment but I saw from the beginning that there as usual was a lot more to this story than was presented in the biased material linked in the original post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007

Wrong. The cops even tried to tell the emergency room doctor he died on impact. The doctor noted in his report that cop's story "did not add up". I quote it up thread. You should read up and educate yourself.

But here is another quote for you from the coroner, not the ER docs, looks like they tried to play the coroner, too:

An autopsy from the Union Parish Coroner's Office states in its opinion section that lacerations of Greene's head were "inconsistent with motor vehicle collision injury and most consistent with multiple impacts from a blunt object."

Makes sense to me. First time I saw his face I thought it must gone through the windshield of the car when he supposedly hit a tree. Then someone posted a picture of his car and there isn't a single broken window, and doesn't look like he hit a tree.

It was probably that Hollingsworth guy pushing the fake story ... he was the guy on video talking about how he beat the f out of him, and choked him until he went limp. Did you hear that part? That's when another trooper reminded him he was talking with his body cam recording, which he then immediately turned off ...

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Greene’s autopsy showed he had a blood alcohol level above the legal limit in Louisiana with “significant” levels of cocaine in his system. And this is while he was supposedly driving to Florida in the middle of the night to see his wife.

Kind of answers the question of why Greene didn’t just pull over when cops attempted to stop him. Thank goodness no one else was hurt that evening.

14. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It is possible that Greene broke the law and still shouldn't have been killed by police for doing that. Justifying cops breaking the law with the "bad guys" breaking the law just conveniently ignores the fact that both are still criminals.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Exactly. You can't be hard on criminals for breaking the law and then turn around give those who swore to uphold the law a pass without being a giant hypocrite.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I still say they were ridiculously aggressive once they pulled the guy over. People who are out of their minds on drugs simply cannot respond to that type of "authority." Repeated use of mf'er like that indicates an emotional response rather than a tactical response, in my opinion. They keep screaming at him "get out of the car" - when he doesn't respond to that and says "I'm scared," is that even processed by the police officers? All they could do is think about how the driver not being physically compliant deserved a greater level of hostility...it just doesn't make any sense. Honestly, it's painful to watch. That guy was presenting no threat to them. They weren't doing what they were doing because they felt threatened, they were doing it because he wasn't listening. Glad this video is out there, now we can have better discussions on what is an appropriate use of force.

@Gator515151 tell me what you lose in that situation if you calmly approach the vehicle once he is pulled over. He wasn't rushing to get out of the car and be on the run; he was trying to hole up in his car because he didn't know how he would have been treated. What negative thing would have happened if they tried to de-escalate the situation?

And for what it's worth, I'm not saying what he did was appropriate either leading up to that point or once he was pulled over, but that's a separate issue from asking "is there room for improvement from the policing side?" Do you think there is room for improvement? If so, how? If not, why?

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    I follow you WES but I also think that you choose your battles. If you are going to try to make the Police the bad guys you choose a case where they clearly overstep their boundaries. If you are trying to make someone a martyr you maybe choose someone who was acting somewhat normal.

I also believe you have to give the police a little leaway in these situations, You can only imagine the adrenalin rush from chasing someone at over 100 mph for miles and trying to get him stopped before he kills someone.

Also why must the words "black man" have to show up in the title of all these stories? I don't know if any of you remember the story of my brother in law who was killed by the police in 1980 in Springfield MO but he was white. He was unarmed. However I only heard one of his relatives complain and that was my wife's mother. The rest of her family understood that Ronnie was a thug and probably got what was coming to him. He was caught breaking into a warehouse and when the police told him to get on the ground he got aggressive. He was shot through the heart and his partner in crime was also shot but lived.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. snatchmagnet

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    That story doesn’t fit the narrative. What does fit it, though, is a guy saying “I’m scared”. No one does that. That stood out to me more than anything on that cam

19. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Exactly. What did he have to be scared of?

20. snatchmagnet

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    Doesn’t happen. Sorry.