Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

UPDATE: Police said he died in a car crash... FINALLY ... charges files against officers

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, May 20, 2021.

1. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I think he died from the excessive tasing. The medical examiner said he died of a heart attack and tasing can cause heart attacks. Getting tased like that, beaten, and left face down for 10 minutes would do it. Was the tasing necessary? The video apparently starts with his hands up, surrendering...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Louisiana State Police are releasing all video. Greene had cocaine and alcohol in his system.

4. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Greene’s mother, Mona Hardin, on Wednesday blasted the troopers.

“They murdered him. It was set out, it was planned,” she said. “He didn’t have a chance. Ronnie didn’t have a chance. He wasn’t going to live to tell about it.”

I understand mam, they set your son up to run from the Police at 115mph while on alcohol and cocaine.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Complete moral disconnect. The only two places you get the death penalty for that are apparently Louisiana and your trailer park.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    We should just kill anyone that does anything reckless. On the spot.

Should help lower UE.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Cocaine also last for three days in your system. He could have done some bumps on a Saturday and this could have happened on a Monday. Either way, enough force to control the situation. Even @homer mentioned the thought of retribution when he pondered asking the jailers to rough that guy up of he acted up. These guys seemingly waived that thought and let *their* high of chasing someone get to them. If toxicology reports show a significant level, then I'd question my stance. Otherwise, adrenaline and character traits killed this man.

8. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Well we do agree on character traits. He showed his by driving like a maniac and endangering lives while running from the police.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    And the cops showed theirs by murdering him and lying about it.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  10. snatchmagnet

snatchmagnet Bring On The Bacon Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    I honestly can’t tell if you’re kidding or not

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    You must be one of those people who believes he both died on impact and deserved the beating because his dead body was resisting... Whatever the cops tell you to believe...

BTW, what I said is referenced in the OP link:

As DeMoss and Master Trooper Chris Hollingsworth rush Greene’s SUV, he can be seen appearing to raise his hands and saying over and over, “OK, OK. I’m sorry.”

I saw a still of that image on the internet somewhere, but can't find it now...

But the cops started unloading on him with the tazers before he even got out of the car...

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Agreed. Maybe the video is unclear, but I saw no attempt to resist before the troopers went wild with the tazers. If the deceased was resisting while being tazed, it was a matter of human reaction. Any human would try to get away from the feeling of being mercilessly attacked via electrical currents.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Police are not supposed to engage in vigilante justice on the spot to punish crimes of reckless endangerment. It appeared as if arresting and taking him into custody could have been a routine affair. If he did something wrong, the justice system is the entity responsible for handing out punishment.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. snatchmagnet

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    So you weren’t kidding. That’s all you had to say.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Nothing funny about it.

16. snatchmagnet

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    Yikes, apparently not.

17. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Watch the whole body cam video then somebody please point out where this guy was beaten. Just as I suspected once the man was subdued and no longer a threat he was actually treated pretty good considering he was running red lights at 115 mph. A couple of the officers actually commented they did not know how he kept from killing someone. Sorry if I see it differently than the entire board but they showed a lot more restraint than I could have under the circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Watch the whole video and tell me these guys didn't do exactly what you just explained.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I would laugh at this rationale if there weren't so many people who believed this garbage. You are justifying cops breaking the law because the "bad guy" broke the law. That just makes them both criminals.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Tell me, as a lawyer do you think as many on the first page of this thread seemed to think that these cops should be tried for murder? If so you are as bad as the lawyer on that original cherry picked AP video.

• Dislike Dislike x 1