Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. theforevergator

theforevergator Sophomore

Nov 15, 2017
    Don't our tax dollars pay for their head coach's salary? Their head coach is always the highest paid state employee.

2. 2ndusername

2ndusername Freshman

Nov 20, 2017
    Sure, but at one point in time those guys on that list were coordinators, good ones too. I get what you are saying though, and I am hopeful that will change. If it is Kelly, he will still need a good staff around him.

3. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe we know who to listen to?

• Winner Winner x 5
  4. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    For example...

Beware, sometimes the subtitles are adult.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Bruce Feldman

✔@BruceFeldmanCFB

A Chip Kelly update. He met w/ #UCLA yesterday, per source.. the meeting was not in LA. As we reported a few days ago, Kelly is the top target for the Bruins & #UF.

6. LonedawgUF

LonedawgUF VIP Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Oviedo, FL
    I laughed on that one my friend. The "lonedawg" thing was given while I was at UF, a play on "lawdawg" from the movie Tombstone. I didn't say I couldn't deal with it, the entertainment value is priceless.

7. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So he is reporting that what he said a few days ago wasn't true. But everyone still believes the rest of it.....smh..

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. gatorlaxn

gatorlaxn Senior

Aug 28, 2014
    Atlanta Ga
    Good work Bruce! Best in the business....

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. royalewitcheesee

royalewitcheesee All American

Nov 20, 2016
    God... anyone from jax in here? Frank Frangie keeps going on and on with his dumb ass opinions. I had to finally turn him off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Explains why Nebraska got snubbed. Their sponsors are Carhart and Duluth Trading Co. ?

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Swamp_Thang

Swamp_Thang Junior

Aug 13, 2012
    I was listening He makes some good points...though hayes said florida

12. gator_life_forever

gator_life_forever Freshman

Oct 30, 2017
    He never seem to be right about anything

13. crl

crl GC Legend

Nov 8, 2008
    Oh, OK, but it sounds like they did meet. Not sure why it matters that it wasn't in LA. Yday, I thought the scuttlebutt on here was that they didn't meet. I can't keep up with this soap opera.

14. orangebluegator

orangebluegator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wouldn't it seem like CK would be more interested in UCLA as opposed to UF if he flew to LA to meet UCLA's top brass, while we had to send our top brass to CK in New Hampshire?

I think people were making the assumption that if he took the time and effort to go to LA, he is heavily leaning towards taking the UCLA job over UF.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. puntersarepeopletoo

puntersarepeopletoo All American

Oct 10, 2017
    Like Stampini: have always felt UCLA was a school to watch for Chip Kelly, long before McElwain or Mora was fired. Even when Kelly was first linked to UF, I still was worried about the Bruins job for Kelly. Lower expectations at UCLA, easier path to CFP, getting the 2nd group of players in L.A. and coaching them up can still beat USC and the rest of the Pac12 IMO, so many of his assistants have West Coast ties and are still working in the Pac 12 currently. Then all the not wanting to be in a fish bowl stories came up, and one could blend in a bit more at the 2nd program in LA than at UF. However, the confidence coming out of Gainesville for Chip to UF became deafening last week. I believe UF walked off that plane in Ocala Sunday night thinking they had Chip, it was just a matter of time before it was official. These rumors about UCLA the past 24-48 hrs should be very concerning for UF fans. After talking with Greg today and all he is hearing today, man this thing may swing to UCLA. Saturday and Sunday look as if they will be an intense couple of days in the Chip Kelly battle.

16. FatherGoat

FatherGoat GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Frank Frangie... Trying to find a link other than TOS but he supposedly said he confirmed that Chip has spoken to 2 coordinators about going to UCLA with him...could only be him doing do diligence in case he does choose UCLA. The Bruin board insiders seem as confident as ours appear to be though.

17. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015

I think Tom Petty made this point...

The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part

• Like Like x 1
  18. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Dude, you do realize no one is forcing you to endure this thread. You seem very fatigued by it.
    Anyways, a lot of folks were fretting about why CK would GO to LA, but not GO to GNV...well the truth is he did not go to LA.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. crl

crl GC Legend

Nov 8, 2008
    Since our "insiders" have been notoriously wrong on numerous occasions and I don't know anything about UCLA's, I'd bet he does not wind up at UF. If I was a betting man.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  20. GatorDad63

GatorDad63 GC Legend

Dec 15, 2010
    It is only hard if you go all Chicken Little every time something negative is posted that has no true source.