Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    You're better than that, and I would expect more from you. Peddling a 100% rumor (which multiple posters did) of a supposed signed contract was never verified with a linky. It is the responsibility of the rumor peddlers to provide a link for proof, not the other way around.

* I didn't say you peddled said rumor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gator72211

Gator72211 GC Legend

Jun 10, 2015
    Thank you for your continuing contributions to 2000 and beyond. The struggle is real.

3. igabradley

igabradley GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Chattahoochee
    Please explain how this thread had failed.

4. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Did anyone hear that Kelly changed his mind?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. BenTrillGriffin

BenTrillGriffin All American

Oct 7, 2012
    Orlando
    Does anybody care that of UCF's 10 wins, only 2 teams have a winning record? The other 8 are 4-4 or worse. No? Ok.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. sugar adam ali

sugar adam ali Recruit

Nov 25, 2017
    U guys fvcked up by not landing chip... offensive coaches seem to dominate with Florida’s homegrown track star athletes

Get frost and it’s probably better as he can be here for 30 years and build a legit bobby Bowden, paterno type legacy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. wargunfan

wargunfan GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2010
    Inside your head.
    I know that Memphis beat UCLA and UCF beat the crap out of Memphis. That cheers me up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    My only problem with the whole Chip Kelly affair, is how much %!%$ time it took to get...the big whiff.

3 weeks holding our dick in our hand..... no nut.

Just a painful case of blueballs.

Thanks Chip.

(...and more saliently...the guy in charge who let us get strung along all this while, and brought nothing home).

Way. To. Go! Stickerman!

Off to a magnanimous start, sir!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Mayo, FL
    BTG, thank you for your contributions to this thread. @tilly, @Bazza, any others that contributed to this thread with ongoing information and updates. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    Stricklin needs to have a HC not latter than Monday on the fold, and it can't be Strong.

11. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    I doubt they share more with the way people have reacted hear. I sure wouldn’t. People are crazy.

12. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Sure, I get it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Mayo, FL
    And the irony of it all is, they were correct. The deal didn’t get sealed, but they nailed the process.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    What's wrong with Strong, Cubano?

15. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I never claimed it was signed (that I recall), but your point is fair. I continually maintained the door was open and their was no "done deal"...but again, your point is fair.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ufdeadhead

ufdeadhead Sophomore

Nov 18, 2016
    It's unfortunate that Chip didn't work out. I thought it'd been a home run hire, but can't make a relationship work that won't work. He did choose UCLA for some reason other than money. If he wanted more than we were willing to concede, so be it.

We find ourselves in a tough spot now though. December 20th is the early signing period. Our best WR prospect just decommitted. The last thing we need is for this to continue to drag out.

Hopefully we can get some closure sooner rather than later. I want the right decision made, but we've got to figure something out quickly.

Much thanks to @tilly @BenTrillGriffin for their updates. For a cheap guy like me who's not on the paid boards, I truly appreciate the insider information they were/are willing to share.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    For one Strong its way overrated, second did a lousy job at Texas, ask any Texas fans about Strong and they couldn't wait to kick his FAT ASS out of town.

18. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Nailed the process???

If that's how they figure on doing business....we're in for a long painful tenure.

NB: all the hush hush bullshit, lends itself to *deal is done*.

If you have no deal, you come out and say you're working on this or that, and....actually be working on fall back positions, so you don't skip a beat.

Not...let's put ALL our eggs in this one basket, start counting chickens before they're hatched...then watch helplessly, as a hawk makes off with your whole damn basket.

You know....the one with ALL the eggs in it...

No offense to Striklin, but frankly, after years of hearing ppl. gripe about Foley, and show so little gratitude or respect for the guy who closed a tandem that sealed 2 natty's ( Zook and Meyer), and help keep the OBC around long enough to win our first...

...I don't mind pointing out the epic shortcomings of his successor. Kinda' casts a whole different light on Foley. (...and yes, Foley faced planted with his 2nd coaching tantem known as McElChump).

WTH....I'll try to have some fun through this whole fiasco...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Mayo, FL
    I was referring to our GC compatriots nailing the process, in regards to info and updates. Not SS, UAA.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Yes, concur.

I'd also like to point out to some of the posters on here who called out Tilly and BTR for whatever....all they did was share information.

The problem wasn't them--they relayed what they knew about what was going on.

Problem was Captain Ahab, pursuing the White Whale, while letting it appear that he was bringing home dinner.

If he couldn't get CK...cut bait.

Instead, he took the Pequod, with our hearts in it, down to disgrace, on Rivalry Saturday no less, in pursuit of Moby Chip.

• Agree Agree x 1