Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    How do sunsets look in black and white? Another way of saying - why is your opinion the truth? PERIOD?

Maybe I like hoops and volleyball more than football? Or maybe I think Foley gets credit for being the only AD to have natties in hoops and football simultaneously?

And some of us value no scandal/probation. A lot. That is “awful “.
    There is no doubt Foley screwed up the last 2 hires but it is ridiculous to call him awful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. GatorDad63

GatorDad63 GC Legend

Dec 15, 2010
    Track planes they said, It will be fun they said
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
  3. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat. How will we feel after this all plays out?
    Here's hoping we are all thrilled.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. gatorrevival23

gatorrevival23 Freshman

Nov 22, 2017
    Stricklin has to make florida football fun again. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

5. ufhealthgator

ufhealthgator Junior

Nov 12, 2017
    The problem on this forum is their information was always treated as fact, and yet anyone else that posted or speculated anything else to the contrary was "called out" as a troll or cockroach or debbie downer. I appreciate what they post FWIW, but I think we should also stop "calling out" anything posted to the contrary. Some balance would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That there is one heck of a coach search. Someone is either desperate or very picky.

7. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    I heard that somewhere...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. gatorhale69

gatorhale69 Sophomore

Oct 8, 2017
    Chris Landry‏@LandryFootball
    FollowFollow @LandryFootball
    More
    I feel that the CHIP KELLY to UCLA will happen this weekend---if it goes into Monday, then I think there is something else going on....Don't know for sure but this is what I sense is going on.

LOL, and if something doesn't happen on Monday I think something else is going on and oh by the way if something does not happen on Tuesday then I think something else is going on. That is what I sense is going on. Well there is real journalism for you.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    We need to reach out to Sumlin if Frost falls through

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
  10. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    You heard it from the "sources"

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    It's Fronkensteen

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. oldgatorman

oldgatorman GC Legend

Oct 20, 2014
    Initially I had exactly the same attitude you expressed here, but now I have had a chance to think about it a bit more.

Chip Kelly will be an employee if he is hired. I ran a business for a lot of years. A valuable employee is definitely a great asset, but they are still an employee. No employer is going to give away the store to get an employee, no matter who it is.

After thinking about it I can see that Scott Stickland would be inclined to exercise his authority even as to assistants. It might not be wise but it is understandable. He is in fact the employer and will sign the pay checks. His desires should be honored by the employee even is the employee questions them. The employer/employee relationship might last for a long time. I can understand why there would be a compulsion to get the ground rules understood from the outset.

We all know that Strickland is highly intelligent, bold and capable. Perhaps it would be better if we just had faith in his judgment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. integrator

integrator Sophomore

Jan 25, 2009
    My windshield looks a lot like that, when there is a Frost

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I think we're dodging a bullet, as someone has said, with Kelly. His best days are over yet he basically wants to run the university. Keep Shannon? He'd like to get rid of Fuchs.

I think we'll wind up in a "good spot," as SS has said. Probably Norvell. In fact I've already said it's Norvell, scratch the probably.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 32250Gator

32250Gator GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2013

Sumlin has a lot of baggage. Mostly that he is a well known drunk. I seriously doubt he’s in the running.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Hall of Fame

Jul 24, 2010
    And cool!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I was speaking to the coaching search above. There will be consensus regarding the final score of today’s game.

18. atc_gator

atc_gator Freshman

Nov 14, 2017
    Woke up this am, poured myself a drink, walked outside and the sky was Orange and Blue. Tailgating @ 0800 for the game. Relax and enjoy Gators are gonna ball. Scorch Slimer has it all under control

• Like Like x 4
  19. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
  20. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm sure that Stricklin can't wait for Sumlin to get fired. Reminds me of the old days in Major League baseball. (I say the old days because I haven't followed it for years.) Used to be that you couldn't hire a manager unless he had been fired at least once by some other team.

• Funny Funny x 1