Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

My 7 year old thinks its funny when folks say "Fooley". Probably because he is 7.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tundragator

tundragator Freshman

Oct 26, 2015
    Many people are unable negative meaning words. So when you said I am not willing to say done deal, they only heard done deal.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Are we going to talk to Memphis' coach: Fuente?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. gatorhale69

gatorhale69 Sophomore

Oct 8, 2017
    Memphis coach is Norvell. VT coach is fuente.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That's I-gor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. JBPGator

JBPGator Junior

Oct 7, 2016
    Chip Kelly will be our next coach.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    NOW maybe there are some light bulbs turning on. So....Kelly was going to be a one-man mastermind? Nope, he was/is trying to get THE best talent together before he says "yes". So who is Taggart? All I know is he gets Florida, has a nice resume (not the home run we all crave but no one else is either except in our own minds), is young and so he is energetic and he would LOVE to get the job. I say talk to him about his plan and how he expects to get there from where we are currently and see whether it makes sense. My guess is that Foley did NOT do that with Mac and instead relied on others' opinions.

Will Taggart be great? Who the heck knows but I can damn be sure that he is going to hit the road running like CRAZY. And that doubly includes hiring the correct fit assistants. JMHO

• Like Like x 3
  8. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    Okay so I am at Scott Frost's house with the stolen Brinks truck with $22million in it. Does anybody know the code for the gate?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gatorhale69

gatorhale69 Sophomore

Oct 8, 2017
    I feel today is going to get even weirder (if that is possible) with all the rumors and articles claiming they know something. Add Chip Kelly being on ESPN 2 for his segment and the regular season ending for all the programs involved for his potential services.
    And if you are in the minority and still whining about the info you have gotten on this board from @tilly or @BenTrillGriffin then bring us some real time information instead of being critical of people just trying to share info. We all have the ability to listen, but understand things change especially with this guy.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  10. gatorrevival23

gatorrevival23 Freshman

Nov 22, 2017
    So what sort of drama unfolds today with the coaching search haha

11. DomiGator

DomiGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    You can't be a great athletic program director and be an awful football director at the same time. He's awful, PERIOD.

Just like you can't say the head of the Chinese Olympic program is a great director. Won a bunch of medals in side sports that nobody cares doesn't make him a great.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 4
  12. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2012
    The problem is we don’t know if the information we have been provided here by the two mentioned above is any more REAL than anything I type out here.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. gator10010

gator10010 VIP Member

Aug 23, 2008
    You keep saying this. If so when will it be announced? Sunday or Monday?

What about all the Frost talk?

14. ufhealthgator

ufhealthgator Junior

Nov 12, 2017
    I just hope we have our ducks in a row now that kelly is looking like a very mild maybe. Early signing period is less than a month away, and I just can't imaging starting from scratch and having a quality coach by then.

15. tundragator

tundragator Freshman

Oct 26, 2015
    Fuente not leaving VaTech. He wouldn’t even listen if SS called. That is the reality. Norvell on the other hand...

• Like Like x 1
  16. gatorhale69

gatorhale69 Sophomore

Oct 8, 2017
    That is why you have the ability to read the information and make an educated decision as to what you believe, but there is no reason to call them out. Don't take the information as gospel. I have read every step of the way was he can always back out. If you were skeptical about the information you had every right to be. Kelly's past has made him seem very flighty. There are some last night calling them liars. no need for that. I for one want as much info as I can get, but will not take anything as gospel. I appreciate your opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JBPGator

JBPGator Junior

Oct 7, 2016
    I will honestly say that I don’t know anything, I just refuse to waffle. I’m tired of ‘temperature changes’ and excuses. I said CK will be our coach when this all started and I’ll say it until he’s in front of another team’s step and repeat, but hopefully he’ll be in front of ours. Everything is speculation and I’m not going to fold just because ‘sources’ are saying the outcome could be different than what I predict. I’m sticking to my guns and if I’m wrong, I’m wrong. If Chip Kelly is not our coach at the end of this, I do believe he never intended to be or we never intended for him to be.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. WARRIORG8R

WARRIORG8R Sophomore

Sep 10, 2012
    Longwood, Florida
    I’m not the biggest Foley fan, but saying the guy was awful is just denying the facts. He was in charge while we won 3 FB NC’s and 2 in BB. He was also responsible for championship coaches in Softball and Baseball. I don’t follow all the non revenue sports as closely as some here, but I do know we won many, many SEC and NC’s in those sports. His tenure as AD at one of the premier Universities in the US was clearly successful. He missed on 3 Football Coaches, mishandled the end of Meyer’s tenure and was wrong on football facilities. But, compared to AD’s at our rivals, he was spectacular. And then compare him nationally and he’s better than 95%.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  20. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2012
    While being in total agreement with the sentiment of this post let us examine the thread. While I have refrained from calling anyone out or liers, I have questioned the ‘inside’ sources. I just want to have an honest exchange of information and opinions. There are some here that are trying to have it both ways. Too claim insider statues but when the info that was provided proves to be incorrect don’t like to be call d out on it. BHT has been very open and honest I believe as has Tilly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1