Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. gator1gear

gator1gear VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Hiram, Ga
    Any post that makes me laugh like I laughed at this, gets a Best Post Ever rating...Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. BenTrillGriffin

BenTrillGriffin All American

Oct 7, 2012
    Orlando
    I agree, I'm assuming that's where SS is at with it like "Dude, we're giving you everything you freaking want and you want more?" FOH.

Lol we'll see man. And yeah I agree @gator_lawyer

• Like Like x 1
  3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I agree. It's like no one here has ever heard of fake news before. (Go to Too Hot and read all about it.)

Also, I refuse to believe that the Fawbush kid died for nothing.

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. BenTrillGriffin

Oct 7, 2012
    Orlando
    If that's where this thing ends up going. It'll be our pockets vs Nebraska's pockets!!

I would have to give you guys my email to update me on what's going on on the board. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. BenTrillGriffin

Oct 7, 2012
    Orlando
    Especially at this point, too much money spent on this thing. DO IT.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Legend

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    Everyone should know how reporters work. Once one outlet issues a report, then the other outlets pick up that report and use it to justify their speculation.

For example, twitter1 learns rumor from source1 that CK isn’t coming and tweets it. A reporter who also heard from source1 takes twitter1 as a verification of source1 information, and posts an article. Other outlets pick it up and now the rumor from source1 becomes the verified gospel truth, even though it is a rumor from one person.

In other words, take what you read with a grain of salt and enjoy the ride.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 21

21 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 24, 2007
    What more do you think Kelly wants?

8. THERE NEEDS TO BE A FREAKING UAA FLIGHT TO FREAKING STILLWATER OKLA-FREAKING-HOMA ALL-FREAKING-READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    No, it's been erased from his memory.

10. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Legend

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

Shannon as HBC and..... gawd no..... I'll hang up next time they call for money

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bongogator

Bongogator All American

Aug 21, 2007
    Tampa
    Anybody else feel violated? Lmao! Gatorcoun.jpg

12. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    In a much earlier post I believe I mentioned paying Scott Frost (or Kelly, maybe) $7 million per year. Do you think that's out of the question for either of them now, and why?

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. GatorRider

GatorRider GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Bob, is that you?

14. BenTrillGriffin

Oct 7, 2012
    Orlando
    Man, honestly dude. Knowing what I know of what he's already been given and given the keys to, I have zero idea.
    I really hope it's not that retaining staff crap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. puntersarepeopletoo

puntersarepeopletoo All American

Oct 10, 2017
    I dont really see why Frost would choose Florida over Nebraska outside of recruiting.

-Nebraska is Frosts alma mater
    -I believe his parents live in Nebraska
    -Nebraska fans sell out every game. Even when they are bad. Florida fans will give you about 85-90% when they are bad
    -And most importantly, Nebraska will over pay Frost to get him to Florida while Florida will pussy foot around figuring out a way to treat Frost like hes a discount coach. "Ehhh yeah we heard Nebraska offered you 6M a year but listen to us, that 4M deal we sent you, we totes promise its better than Nebraska." Nebraska might jump it to 7M a year just to give Florida a middle finger.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. 08Gatorbait

08Gatorbait Junior

Nov 27, 2013
    Tampa
    Well...who can beat Saban...Frost...and....well that's about it. Rest of the names being thrown out aren't all that elite. Kiffin is the only one with upside enough to be an elite coach really. Taggard hasn't remotely shown an elite coach. He can build a program but clearly lacks in the x and o department. No coach with elite X and O skills has a losing record end of story. Strong sucked at Texas, job just like UF. Norvell is good not great just see what Frost did to him.

Argh..freaking depressing. Was so excited. Oh well. At least out basketball team is amazing. Go ahead and hire Strong or Norvell so we can get back to 3-4 losses a season and act like it's amazing ;/

17. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    So, no verbal deal, agreement or anything resembling acceptance was ever actually in place between UF & Chip. Now supposedly he "may" have just asked for more right at the last minute. Interesting..

18. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Hall of Fame

Jul 24, 2010
    But the Death Star costs 1,000,000,000,000,000..not sure we have that much left over after paying off Mac and Chump

19. AthensGator

AthensGator VIP Member

Sep 5, 2007
    If we don't get him do you think the additional demand will come out?

20. puntersarepeopletoo

puntersarepeopletoo All American

Oct 10, 2017
    If Chip is leveraging UCLA vs Florida and UCLA continues to offer the better packages, freedom, whatever chip wants.....

than florida screwed this up