Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Up Tempo?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by zanesville, Aug 26, 2019.

1. zanesville

zanesville Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    What happened to the up tempo offense that we had read about during training camp and earlier? 54 offensive plays didn't exactly light it up.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Three and outs? Not a lot of opportunity to develop tempo ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Never were a hurry up O

Might be part of the problem

4. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

I don't think enough of a rhythm was established to where we could really run tempo.... I'm sure we will see it in two weeks though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Anchors Aweigh Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    I believe a hurry up/up tempo offense would have been very productive against them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rmfleone06

rmfleone06 Sophomore

Aug 21, 2009
    Florida
    Florida had exactly one three and out, the offense was effective when it wasn't giving it to the defense

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I was at the game, and under the tailgating influence, so I am not quibbling at all. And I plan on watching game, which I taped. However, it sure felt like we had absolutely rhythm to get going and use tempo. It felt like we either quickly gave the ball back via turnover, or scored quickly. But no rhythm at all.

8. formerg8er

formerg8er GC Legend

May 24, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    First quarter 5 plays 79 yards TD. 4th quarter 4 plays 80 yards TD. When the offense actually didn't turn the ball over and clicked you could see some potential. 4 punts and 4 TO's led to not a lot of Offensive plays. Of the 4 punts I would say Miami contributed to two of those. The other two UF shot themselves in the foot or Felipe missed the throw. Some positives here if you go back and watch the film. One of the fumbles UF was in the redzone.

I am sure the next two weeks of practice will focus on tackling and securing the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. GatorTodd

GatorTodd GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No running game. Trouble protecting Franks. I think we will have to wait on the hurry up in big games.

10. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    I assumed we Decided to go cautious in first game on big stage against an experienced D and competent Diaz.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Probably have to test the OL first. Now that they're tested, we'll see.

12. gatortenor37

gatortenor37 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    Turnovers will hurt your overall plays every time. I'm waiting to see how we do against Kentucky. By then hopefully all the kinks are out. Got to get them back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We were 4 for 4 on fourth downs, so...;)

• Like Like x 3
  14. SuperMOM

SuperMOM All American

Jan 31, 2016
    yes - would have hurt their lack of depth on their D

15. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Between the turnovers, ridiculous "In-Stadium" advertisements, TV time-outs, etc.....

Who in the hell could ever dream of getting an up-tempo offense going??