Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Unemployment drops again, 2x more new jobs v expected

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by pkaib01, Aug 5, 2022.

1. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Have you ever blasted trump for anything? Or was his presidency the epitome of perfection?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I get that, but all of those presidents had negative events to deal with and still managed a positive average. Trump could have had a positive average, too, if his first 3 years had been better. He said it was the "greatest economy ever", but when you look at the monthly job growth numbers before Covid, they are a stark decline from Obama's with several months not even cracking 100K...

I'd also point out that 2 terms doesn't always help. Both Reagan and Bush2's second term probably hurt more than helped.

3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Price of oil goes up the industry sells into the futures market and uses those contracts to finance growth. Listen to the quarterly reports and the increase in capex is planned. These are small scale, incremental growth via fracking or near shore. Short production horizons. Bigger, more expensive deep well field exploration isnt happening without a deal with big oil. Hopefully they do such a deal. Guarantee Exxon or some other US company $90 per barrel for 150M barrels beginning in 48 - 60 months to be delivered over a 10 year period. They will put those leases to work.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, he runs his mouth too much. Somebody needs to be a personal handler of his internet posting. Just do your job and shut up Donald.

What polices did he get wrong? Hmmm. He should have fired the deep state the first time around, something he is going to do in January 2025.

5. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Most actions to lower commodities have a likelihood of being "temporary".

I remember the day when folks were complaining of high gas prices and blaming Biden for it. When he actually does something to address the issue he's "buying votes"?

Does he have your vote now that you've benefitted from lowering prices?

Why do people blame gas prices on Presidents?

One of the purposes of the SPR is to "to reduce the impact of disruptions in supplies of petroleum products". Sounds like dipping into it for a short term disruption was a legit use.

But that's me.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Blast away, then ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/15/tru...um-reserve-if-needed-after-saudi-attacks.html

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    BS, Trump's first 3 years were outstanding. The only way he could have done better in the pandemic would have been to stay open as a nation and allow between 1.8 to 2.3 million deaths to occur which the best advisers were telling him would happen if he did nothing. Curious, what would you have done with this information had it been your decision to make at the time?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    I linked the wrong article, but I corrected it, he released oil in 2019 to stabilize the price as it rose, in 2020 he allowed oil companies to temporally use the SPR storage capacity to artificially increase the price ...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  10. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Reading that, Trump did the exact opposite of what Biden did. At one point, gas was $1.87 at the pump. After this, gas stabilized around $2.25. Trump acted to save the oil companies. Biden has acted since day 1 to destroy the oil companies. Why would I blast Trump for helping the oil companies? Trump certainly wasn't buying votes with the higher pump price.

Trump bought low in filling up the SPR. Biden is buying high when he shouldn't be buying at all. All he has to do was to relent on his energy policies which have been a failure.

11. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Well, you can pull up the Fred chart and see Trump's job growth numbers yourself if you want. They weren't terrible, but were below average, and that's the reason why he couldn't weather two bad months of job losses without his average going negative.

12. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Going on about the so called “deep state” again I see. You know you’re a full bore Q’Anon, far right wing nut when you can fit the words deep state into a post. The deep state is the right wings version on finding big foot. Doesn’t exist and is full on lunacy, but damn it if we aren’t going to keep believing in it, anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, I changed the link, to the 2019 article where Trump used the SPR to stablize the price after a middle east dust up decreased supply. Like I said, Blast Away, if you are a man of your word.

The other link was to a 2020 article where Trump did the oil industry a solid by letting them use the SPR to make gas more expensive. Good job, Trump. I remember that and how pleased we all were with this capitalistic "free market economy" of Trump's ... LOL. I guess I could spin it, like you, and say Biden is saving the oil companies, because of their record profits and all ... LOL.

14. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom line, Big Oil just wants the Biden Administration to get out of their way. Biden originally was offering them a 36-month horizon. If the 10 years is correct, that is a huge shift in the Biden Administration demands, not exactly publicized or talked about much either. Why is that?

15. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    What you mean is Trump acted to respond to Russia and Saudi Arabia attacking the US with low production and low prices in an attempt to put US oil companies out of business. What was done was not done as a result of any of Trump's designed actions alone. Contrary to this, Biden has done the opposite all on his own in attacking the gas and oil industries, an attack from within.

16. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    So no blasting for doing the same thing Biden is doing, which is trying to lower the price so people will stop complaining? There was never any threat of US oil companies going out business, it's always been the case that they make MORE money when supply is tight, just as we are seeing now.

Somehow, I just knew that wouldn't be a man of your word ...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  17. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump never had the gas pump prices Biden has delivered so there is nothing to bitch about. You enjoyed all of that cheaper gas so don't deny it.

18. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    LOL ... I see what you are saying, you are saying that Biden has an even better reason to release SPR oil in 2022 than Trump did in 2019 ... thanks for clearing that up ... looks like we are in agreement.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    There were several posters on this board who said that when some of us objected to the Covid spending. We heard about MMT and we’re told that we were folkish for fearing inflation because we had had deficit spending for years without inflation.

Go back into the old Covid threads. You’ll find it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    If Trump and congress had been smart they would have fully replenished the SPR when the saudis and Russians had their price war.

• Like Like x 1